PDA

View Full Version : I knwo little of trikefest

willrideanythin
01-21-2011, 08:04 PM
When is it, where is it? How is it. I have seen the pix, But me and the wife are planning some vacations for the year.

ctk
01-22-2011, 01:20 PM
google haspin acres

weekend of the 25th in june

How is it you ask.

Its the most fun you can have with your clothes on or off.
Go ahead and plan the trip, you wont be sorry

Billy Golightly
01-23-2011, 12:04 PM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/content.php?289-What-is-Trikefest Try that :)

willrideanythin
01-23-2011, 12:28 PM
Thanks for taking care of the handicapped members Billy!!

shortbus
02-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Iam actually thinking about going this year, iam in maryland so its not that far!

Kintore
02-03-2011, 08:25 AM
There is at least one guy I know of from that Area that goes, hell people from germany, texas, canada, england (RIP Will).....

its what I look forward to ALL year. Best vacation EVER!

Bryan Raffa
02-03-2011, 08:53 AM
I agree.. its one heck of a time...I still have no idea how you guys stay at the shoetree till the weee hours of the morning,, and still function the next day?

Mosh
02-03-2011, 09:43 AM
ATC eric summed it up in one youtube vid from 2007.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBz7nlCOrPQ

Kintore
02-03-2011, 05:11 PM
I think the man to ask is the man himself, MR Peepers!

ctk
02-10-2011, 12:18 AM
I cant wait for trikefest this year.
atc eric/lindsay gary and the otc im looking foward to riding this year.
I had a blast and sandpuppies this year on our last day ride.
Im the one at sandpuppies last fall that had the old school green jeep cherokee.

keister
03-14-2011, 11:27 AM
I cant wait for trikefest this year.
atc eric/lindsay gary and the otc im looking foward to riding this year.
I had a blast and sandpuppies this year on our last day ride.
Im the one at sandpuppies last fall that had the old school green jeep cherokee.

Hey Chris, Is it too early to place an order for a little keg of that fine microbrew? I'll supply the ice!!

ctk
03-14-2011, 04:59 PM
hey peeps..... Ill do you one up Im gonna bring a couple of mini kegs for trike fest this year.

DRKCYDE
05-02-2011, 11:26 AM
I also know very little....Do we need to sign up to attend or just show up?
When do people really start showing up, should I take the whole week off, or just Friday, Sat and Sunday?

Looking forward to attending though.

Eric250R
05-02-2011, 10:14 PM
When you show up is your call. But yes, people start showing up the sunday before. I usually make it in on wednesday but shooting for earlier this year myself. No, you don't need to sign up, just roll in. You'll have to sign in at the gate. Tell Pete you're there for Tf and you'll get a small discount.....C-ya there...

DRKCYDE
06-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Was wondering if you could answer a few questions about trikefest for me.
I havent been on a three wheeler or quad in 20 years, since I was 12 so this is all very new to me.

I am planning on coming down Wed evening thru maybe Sat, and wondered how quickly you go thru clothes? I plan on mostly trail riding, and just wondered....am i going to be going thru two sets a day? One set to get dirty with and then one to hang out at camp in?
Are there any showers, or is it real camping where you either jump in the lake with a bar of soap, or wait until it rains, or you get home?
Curious as to how much food,gas,beer I need to bring? Are there any fast food places within a short drive, or huge cooler for everything. Same for beer? Bring it all before hand or can it gotten easily?
Tent location....is there a better spot that can still be had by wed evening, or will all the best spots be taken or saved? Am looking for a little shade, and being in between where all the action is, and still some quiet when its time for sleep would be nice.
Also can I bring my truck and trailer inside where the camping is, or does it have to be left seperate in a parking lot somewhere?

Thanks in advance,
Alex

atctim
06-20-2011, 03:22 PM
I am planning on coming down Wed evening thru maybe Sat, and wondered how quickly you go thru clothes? I plan on mostly trail riding, and just wondered....am i going to be going thru two sets a day? One set to get dirty with and then one to hang out at camp in?

That sounds pretty reasonable - this year there is a chance of rain almost evryday - and let me tell you it get STICKY. the mud there has been nicknamed "Clayment" because once it dries it is as hard a cement.

Are there any showers, or is it real camping where you either jump in the lake with a bar of soap, or wait until it rains, or you get home?
There are shower facilities - but they normally close at 10pm and open back up at around 7am

Curious as to how much food,gas,beer I need to bring?

not to sound like a wisenheimer, but all depends on how much riding, eating, and drinking you plan on doing

Are there any fast food places within a short drive, or huge cooler for everything. Same for beer? Bring it all before hand or can it gotten easily?

Bring it all - buy it before hand. Nothing is really close or convenient

Tent location....is there a better spot that can still be had by wed evening, or will all the best spots be taken or saved?
There is tons of places to camp. another word to the wise - stay on high ground unless you have a 4X4 and good mud tires, if you are in a low area and it rains - you will be stuck. Again - see clayment above

Am looking for a little shade, and being in between where all the action is, and still some quiet when its time for sleep would be nice.

I have been searching for that spot for years - not sure if there is such a place at Haspin during TF ;)

Also can I bring my truck and trailer inside where the camping is, or does it have to be left seperate in a parking lot somewhere?

you park at your camp spot. there are not marked out spots - so stake you claim when you get there. I plan on pulling in Wednesday this year so maybe I'll see you there.