PDA

View Full Version : Banshee advice

krizo88
01-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Thinkin about picking this up. Does it look like a good deal? I went and looked at it and it sounds pretty stout and everything is tight and clean. Anything i should be aware of? The guy said it was punched out to a 405. I dont want to buy something and have it grenade the next day. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

http://appleton.craigslist.org/rvs/2172438425.html

Mr_RPM
01-24-2011, 10:06 PM
well as with buying any modded engine, its a sign of it being ridden hard. also with any modded engine, the reliability goes down.
If your looking for a nice, long term "daily rider" (riding it more then wrenching lol) then you may want to pass, but it could also run for a very long time with no problem. its all a gamble.

but if your looking for a sweet banshee thats fast but may need work in the future then go for it.

personally id find something cheaper and more stock and do all the mods myself to ensure the condition. IMO

my neighbors banshee has been super reliable for him, -piped, ported, milled head, slightly over-sized pistons.

krizo88
01-24-2011, 10:13 PM
its hard to pull the trigger on this. but i think its very sexy lol

RideRed250R
01-24-2011, 10:17 PM
NO WAY ITS A 405 guy is smoking crack..

i build these engines for a living... and its a stock cylinder, you can stroke them to a flat 400 on stock cylinders...maybe get to 405 with some overbores... but you cant sleeve a stocker to 405...
its a piped banshee, they run very well, still are very fast, and they are a ball to ride.. but i wouldnt want to ride one in the woods.... I love mine for the dunes and open desert... but NO thanks for anything close to cross country...

Mosh
01-25-2011, 08:10 PM
I love mine for the dunes and open desert... but NO thanks for anything close to cross country...
Ahh..You just have not ridden a shee set-up for woods yet. They can kick ass in the woods..Trust me I have done it for years.

But I agree with you...
Walk away from that one..You can get a far nicer one not all molested for the same price or less.
The absence of radiator grills, tells me it has overheating issues, which is something you will run into when the stock jugs are at max bore.

bansheekx
01-25-2011, 09:53 PM
NO WAY ITS A 405 guy is smoking crack..

i build these engines for a living... and its a stock cylinder, you can stroke them to a flat 400 on stock cylinders...maybe get to 405 with some overbores... but you cant sleeve a stocker to 405...
its a piped banshee, they run very well, still are very fast, and they are a ball to ride.. but i wouldnt want to ride one in the woods.... I love mine for the dunes and open desert... but NO thanks for anything close to cross country...

X2 on that guy has no idea what he is selling. Wait for a better one to come along.

krizo88
01-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Ok. thanks guys. Im gonna pass on this one.