PDA

View Full Version : For all of you dog lovers..., in need of your help. (Bully Breeds)

R-N-D
01-25-2011, 09:04 PM
I'd first like to start out by apologizing for submitting this thread if it is against any of the rules. Not quite sure if it is but I'm in a desperate situation and I thought that this would be a great community to ask for assistance. This is called a Chip-In and for those of you who don't know what it is, it is a way of asking for donations. We have not yet received the bill from the vet and we are anticipating no more than $1000 (HopeFully) but for now, we have set up for less than that. We are already fronting the bill for this dog, in full when we get the bill. The Chip-In is to help take some of the cost off of us directly. Any and all help would be appreciated.

My wife just went to save this dog this morning. Took him to my vet on a squeezed in appt. He was left alone OUTSIDE all winter(not sure how many winters). Can't believe that someone has the balls to leave their dog out all winter, especially with the winters we have here in Chicago or in the Midwest. Anyhow, he is 6 years old. He is a mess, but still so friendly. :) Getting all cleaned up and checked out today.

Thanks,

Debby & Rich

MrPretty
01-25-2011, 09:44 PM
:cry: :cry: I can't say no to a dog man. I hope everything works out for him

cattle-dog
01-25-2011, 09:53 PM
hello all my pets are rescues , horses and dogs, the way mankind as a majority treats pets is disgusting almost makes me lose faith in man, i support several rescues , i will chip in. cattle-dog

R-N-D
01-25-2011, 10:03 PM
You guys are awesome. My boy is also a rescue and I cannot believe how people treat animals. Disgusting in many cases. However, I appreciate all and any support. If you could please pass the word around, I'd be forever grateful. Thank you.

R-N-D
01-27-2011, 04:12 PM
About Half way there so far. Looking for a bit more help. Thanks.

oldskool83
01-27-2011, 04:31 PM
we found a pit mix about a month ago for the 2nd time it showed up at our house. everyone recongized her but no one said it was theirs. kept her 2 weeks, she fell in love with me and we placed her out to a new home on a farm. dog loved being out side and was noting but skin and bones when we found her.

good luck with it all!

300rman
01-27-2011, 10:55 PM
We left our dog outside all winter.......but he was a Husky and he refused to come in the house 99% of the time when it was cold out. He'd roll around in the snow like it was his favorite thing in the world.....god he was lethargic in the summer.....but winter came along and he was FULL of energy.

But i hate people that abuse animals. Its pointless and cruel.

cattle-dog
01-28-2011, 09:07 AM
nothing wrong with a husky being outside in the snow!!!! they wont come in, it cant get cold enough in toledo to hurt a healthy husky.

Bretmd94
01-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Bulldogs require so much care, even indoors. I have been looking into getting one. I can't believe he survived outdoors with as little hair as they have.

thestud25
01-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Are you a temporary home fostering the dog? Let me know if so. Do we donate from the link above or do you have a paypal account we can donate to?

R-N-D
01-28-2011, 05:05 PM
No, we (my wife) found him a temporary foster for now. We pulled him from this awful home and immediately took him to the vet. He had a double ear infection, failing kidneys, a couple of masses between his toes, yeast infection all over his face, and a few other things. Being a short haired dog, he has no business living outside. He was also very unweight. My wife brought him to the vet and found a temporary foster home for him. When he is healthy enough, she is working with a rescue that helped to pull him from the home, Spike will go to a day care center where he will stay until he gets his forever home. There they have volunteers, along with ourselves, who will take 24 hour care of him. So, since we have had him at the vet his bills have run over $900 that we have covered. If you click on the link, it will take you to the Chip-In site which is set up through Paypal. Again, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Now, getting to the Huskies, I had a Malamute and he too refused to come inside during the winter. Of course, that is the nature of the beast and they are obviously prepared and set up to take on that type of weather. This poor American Bulldog was sleeping on Hay which was his only source of comfort and insulation. The hay also contributed to the skin and yeast infections.

Please, if you have any other concerns, questions, etc., I'd be glad to answer any and all that I can. And, if you're interested in him, let me know as I'm sure we could work something out to get him his forever home. You guys rock!!! Thanks for everything.

Rich

R-N-D
01-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Still in search for a few more donations. Just went over the $500 mark. Almost 3/4 of the way there.

R-N-D
02-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Well, Spike is getting better each and every day. Ear infection looks to be just about gone. His eyes are almost 100% and he is putting on some weight. Also, skin infection seems to be clearing up daily. We have almost reached our goal but still looking for a bit more help. By the way, anyone interested in adopting a 6 yr old Male American Bulldog? He is probably best by himself and no other dogs. We are probably at 85% of our goal at the moment.

R-N-D
02-17-2011, 03:42 PM
We've reached our goal and then some to be honest. Which, is ok since we had to take Spike back to the vet to have his kidneys checked again and more medicine for his infected ears. If you could only see him now compared to the day my wife picked him up. He looks great and is much much healthier. Looks like he may have a couple who is interested in him as of yesterday. He lost his temporary foster home but is placed at a Doggie Day Care/Boarding Facility. He gets plenty of attention there. At this point, you would never know that he was outside for the past several years. He looks absolutely fantastic. What great manners as well. If anyone is interested in adopting him, you would not be disappointed.

Anyhow, many many thanks to those who reached out and donated. I cannot begin to say enough as to how much we appreciate the help from all who donated. Thanks again.

R-N-D
08-05-2011, 11:59 PM
I know it's been some time and I hope that those of you who showed an interest and those who also donated see this. Just an update: Spike has finally found his Forever Home!!! He was at a Foster for about 3 months and 2 weeks ago, he was adopted. He is looking great and loves his new home.

I would just like to thank those of you who had commented and donated as well, it's nice to see some support where it is needed. Thank you for everything.

Dammit!
08-06-2011, 12:41 AM
Might want to delete the donation link. Somebody might not realize this is an old thread and donate without reading the whole thing.

NINJA
08-06-2011, 01:28 AM
Do you have pics of him now? It would be cool to see him healthy.

cattle-dog
08-06-2011, 07:47 AM
glad to hear he is well, and a pic of him healthy would be cool to see, i personally am glad to donate to save unwanted pets,

R-N-D
08-11-2011, 12:46 AM
Here are just a few pictures of Spike now. He looks great!! He will most likely have some kidney problems for the rest of his life to deal with but overall, he looks fantastic!!

The Goat
08-11-2011, 12:58 AM
I never saw this thread until now, American bulldog is what my boy is. Suprisingly enough they do much better with below freezing than they do with above 80.

Glad you rescued the guy. If you have any contact with the new owner, suggest a corn free food, most American bulldogs have digestive issues with crappy roasted rotten corn.

R-N-D
08-15-2011, 12:18 AM
I have two myself and that is why we took to him so fast. He went to a fabulous home. He is on a special diet for his Kidney problems but the new owners know all about good food. They had an English who passed so Spike took his place. Plus, we have our 2 on a Grain-Free diet and it works wonders for them. They are very healthy, and spoiled. Actually, my girl is a pure-bred American while my boy is 1/2 American Bull-Dog and 1/2 AmStaff. They are great together.

My girl is the Brindle and my boy, obviously the other, who is white and brindle.

Tri-Z Pilot
08-22-2011, 08:13 AM
I'm glad this all worked out, people who do these things should either be shotor put through the same cruelty they bestowed upon said animal.
I havea 9 year old Brindell Pitt that I abuse, but it's more with cookies and cakes and all the stuff you prob shouldn't feed a dog. But I can't refuse she's my baby, she eats, sleeps, and cries with me. If anyone ever hurt her I swear I would kill them, thats no joke.
I can tell you one thing the SPCA would never accuse me of malnurishment, if anything I'd be getting arrested for spoiling her so dam much.
Sorry to go on, but she's like my honor roll student, lol The one thing that is gonna kill me though is when she passes. I have never loved anything as much as her, and I never see myself getting another dog, Dam I hate to even think about these things, now I'm depressed

R-N-D
08-23-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm in your corner. My two are like my kids. Hell, they are my kids. They certainly listen better than kids too. Plus, no worries about College tuition either. Although, I've spent several hundreds on each for training classes and Good Citizenship training. Bully Breeds are by far the smartest and best dogs I've ever owned. And, LOYAL!!! Everyone should have a Bully Breed!!!!! Even have them with me all of the time.

The Goat
08-24-2011, 02:03 AM
If someone would like to come kidnap my gfs mutts so we can get another bulldog, thatd be great.

Hardheaded, rambunctious, a pain in the ass at times, but the best damned dogs on the planet. Any dog that can be trusted with kids, and trusted to defend its owner tooth and nail, is a good dog.

Look at her mutts the wrong way and they cower in fear... Bleh