PDA

View Full Version : deal from ebay went bad

mike from long island
10-05-2003, 11:15 AM
i sold that aluminum triz tank to someone from this board. he bought it from ebay. he didnt like the tank.i told him i would refund the ebay bid less shipping. things have gotten bad becasue he wants full payment return. i told him from the beginning i would only refund the orginal ebay final bid price. he has gotten very nasty with me and told me he was going to tell everyone of how much of an ass i was. so he can do as he pleases. i dont rip people off if i make deals here and i made a mistake i would do what was right. but ebay is a different story. he read the description and now isnt happy. i dont know what else to do.i am not going to eat the shipping and handling price. i alway get a tracking # and that adds up. i hate the fact that this happened. but some people are never satified. i am sure he will post here and say worse. everyone who knows me can trust me. and those who dont shouldnt worry. thanks

Lots_Of_Nothing
10-05-2003, 01:08 PM
dont worry bout it mike, unfortunatly shi* happens....

Howdy
10-05-2003, 01:49 PM
i sold that aluminum triz tank to someone from this board. he bought it from ebay. he didnt like the tank.i told him i would refund the ebay bid less shipping. things have gotten bad becasue he wants full payment return. i told him from the beginning i would only refund the orginal ebay final bid price. he has gotten very nasty with me and told me he was going to tell everyone of how much of an arse i was. so he can do as he pleases. i dont rip people off if i make deals here and i made a mistake i would do what was right. but ebay is a different story. he read the description and now isnt happy. i dont know what else to do.i am not going to eat the shipping and handling price. i alway get a tracking # and that adds up. i hate the fact that this happened. but some people are never satified. i am sure he will post here and say worse. everyone who knows me can trust me. and those who dont shouldnt worry. thanks

I'm not trying to offend anyone here, But if they want to return it and get a full refund ( shipping fees included ) just because they don't like it, then I think that is asking a little too much.
The only way I have ever refunded shipping fees is if I was completely wrong in the Ebay listing. 1 Example: I had one person that bought a 250sx kill switch and then complained it didn't plug right into a 250es wiring harness. He wanted a full refund. In my listing I had it stated it was Off a 250sx. I never stated it would fit anything else. So in this case I didn't refund anything. He got exactly what the listing stated. I explained this to him and finally he agreed. He resold it on Ebay for $9 more than he paid ( shipping included ). He still wasn't happy though.

I also bought a item via 3WW classifieds from a member here ( no name ). His description wasn't 100% on the up & up. While I wasn't happy about the item. I didn't email or PM any of his potential buyers for other stuff. I wouldn't stoop to that level.

Bottom line is: If the description was correct and it was shipped in a timely maner, offering to return the item at Ebay price is more than fair. Just my 2 cents.
Howdy

kimmer250r
10-05-2003, 08:46 PM
Personally, I wouldn't give a refund at all. If he bought it from you on ebay, then tuff sh*t! It's ebay, don' bid if you aren't going to buy. I never refund unless something is wrong with it that I didn't mention in the auction....which has never happened. I keep the money mike and tell him to put it on ebay himself if he doesn't like it now.

84250r
10-05-2003, 09:54 PM
Any reason is to why he didnt like the tank?? To big,ugly?? Doesnt sound right to me. If he wanted his money back,then what you did was fair. Refunding his money less shipping. You tried Mike,and your right you can NOT make everyone happy. :?

mkramm
10-05-2003, 11:35 PM
you need to include this nice little baby in the auction description: "AS-IS"

J.D.
10-06-2003, 12:01 AM
Who is it mike? lemme know so I can send them some hate mail :evil:

j/k....mike your a great guy to deal with, seems to me your bending over backwards for him, you can only bend so far before your back breaks! Hope it comes out ok for you. If you should need a good word for any potential sellers, tell them to contact me.

Ace Mon
10-06-2003, 12:45 AM
Howdy my friend .... This is one of the few instances I disagree with you . If Mike is willing to give the guy a full reimbursement . Mike souldnt be out for the shipping . The guy bid on something he wasnt exactly cool with " His Bad " Mike .. I think you are being rather ritcheous . Plain and simple. He wasnt cool with the product and he got his money back . The cost of shipping is lower than the product . I say its called a " Do over " . My opinion . Ace .

TimSr
10-06-2003, 08:39 AM
If the product was defective or misrepresented in any way, the buyer is entitled to a full refund, including shipping fees.
If the product is as described, and the buyer "does not like it", or it does not fit a model different than what the ad said it would fit, (ad says its for a 1998, and buyer is unhappy is doesnt fit his 1989) then the buyer is responsible for shipping and return shipping fees, if the seller is even willing to take it back, which he has no moral obligation to do so. Wouldnt it make more sense for the unhappy buyer to resell the item where a new buyer pays shipping expense, than to pay shipping once again back to the seller to resell it?

Id advise the buyer to resell the item, and not refund anything, unless you feel youve made an error in the description that would lead a "reasonable" person to believe that the item was diferent than it actually was.

Dirtcrasher
10-06-2003, 12:11 PM
I agree with Tim, only unless someone misrepresents something do I expect a full refund. And I'll only give a full refund if the person explains to me how they felt it was incorrectly advertised.
Sometimes these guys bid way too much and then when they get it don't want it. I just sold a 250sx rearend for 350$ which started at 9.99$ I truly would've been happy getting back 120$ for it to pay for the 1987 rearend I got from Skippy. It's not my fault people bid too much and then feel jipped in the end. Fortunately for me the buyer was very happy, me too!
I had a guy send me a SX brake backing plate and drum advertised as "very good condition" When it came it was obvious he tried to smash it off with the 2 flat head screws in place and cracked the backing plate and the drum itself. He would not refund my total cost and said it must have happened during shipping. You needn't be a foresnic detective to figure it out but he was firm. All I could do was leave negative feedback.
However it is best to try and work it out rather than jeopordize your feedback.

250rmanfmf
10-06-2003, 08:30 PM
I agree, if the part was more damaged or had something wrong with it then a refund is cool, but not shipping, that is the risks the buyer takes. if he just doesnt like the tank then you should give him a refund at all. Your not a big parts company, youre just mike trying to make a few bucks of some parts you dont need anymore. He bought it and as long as the item fits the description then the buyer I think really has no right to try to get a refund.

There are some weird people on ebay, I have aleast one or two every month that give me hell. The only returns I have done on ebay are 2 Flywheels that were off a couple of 84 Tecates I had and then when the buyers tried them, they were for a KX250 and a KX80, so the parts bikes had the wrong flywheels on them, I refunded the whole amount of money because it was my mistake. But if it ain't your mistake then dont refund the shipping

Your a great dealer Mike, Even the most honest and best seller will have buyers that are unhappy.

Tyler

3tigers
10-06-2003, 10:06 PM
this is for all you who want to know who bought the tank.i purchased the tank off ebay for a buddy of mine.i asked beforei put a bid on the tank if the tank had scratches and the reply was no.when the item was received it has scratches and grind marks all over it.mike said with a little buffy they would come out.you could buff all day and those scratches will definitely still be there.mike put the blame all on me but has no courtesy to call my buddy and explain anything to him.i gave him the number and his reply was he has no time for this.the tank was going to be returned,but think the original shipping fee should be refunded as mike did not pay for it anyway.it would not have cost him a damn thing.he would have been out of the whole deal clean but decided to be an arse.as far as writing me hate mail.if that makes you a man than go right ahead.the item was not as described and if your an honest seller than you would do the right thing.just because its on ebay doesnt make it right to screw people over.thats what people use ebay for,i dont.congratulations to everyone with the piss poor attitude on here.nobody will see the cagivas as they are restored.no pictures will be given out to anybody or any site.

Rod
10-06-2003, 10:19 PM
I am sorry to hear about the dealings going bad. It seems to me, that you two should have hashed this out amongst your selves before dragging it onto the board. I am also sorry to hear that 3 tigers assumes that EVERYBODY has a pissy attitude. You know that that's not the case & after reading mike's version I agree with him. I think that the buddy you are helping out needs to nut up & take care of his own stuff. I am not taking sides but the whole childish, i'm not going to show you the pictures is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Just my opinion.

TimSr
10-06-2003, 11:13 PM
congratulations to everyone with the piss poor attitude on here.

Most of the posters gave general statements of fact, without taking sides. such as "If the item was not misrepresented, the buyer is not entitled to a refund", or "if it was misrerpresented he is entitled to a full refund." You may feel it was misrepresented, and only you and Mike know, but its not fair to label everyone else who replied with general statements of ettiquette as having a piss poor attitude. My statement still applies and I stand by it as being correct regardless of who was right or wrong in this case.

Dirtcrasher
10-07-2003, 06:51 AM
congratulations to everyone with the piss poor attitude on here.nobody will see the cagivas as they are restored.no pictures will be given out to anybody or any site.[/quote]

Oh no, what ever will I do without Tiger pictures?? I feel like I got grounded and told to stand in the corner.

Howdy
10-07-2003, 08:15 AM
congratulations to everyone with the piss poor attitude on here.nobody will see the cagivas as they are restored.no pictures will be given out to anybody or any site.

I do agree with Rod this should have been taken care of between you 2 in private.

Howdy

3tigers
10-07-2003, 05:43 PM
your correct howdy,it never should have been brought to this board.im not the one who did that.someone trying to cover their a@@ did and is trying to get approval from others.as far as tiger pics go,i said cagiva pics.so pay more attention before you bad mouth others.you guys just dont know the facts so i as far im concerned you shouldnt be agreeing or disagreeing with anybody.you guys dont know me ,so you should all keep your mouths shut before you say something stupid.i dont come on here and bad mouth others.so you shouldnt do it to me.

Dirtcrasher
10-07-2003, 06:44 PM
your correct howdy,it never should have been brought to this board.im not the one who did that.someone trying to cover their a@@ did and is trying to get approval from others.as far as tiger pics go,i said cagiva pics.so pay more attention before you bad mouth others.you guys just dont know the facts so i as far im concerned you shouldnt be agreeing or disagreeing with anybody.you guys dont know me ,so you should all keep your mouths shut before you say something stupid.i dont come on here and bad mouth others.so you shouldnt do it to me.

You don't want anyone else to be involved yet your taking restoration pictures away from EVERYONE because your upset about a few peoples opinion based on Mikes post?? Poeple can only reply to the available information. How on earth were you personally badmouthed?

TimSr
10-07-2003, 10:40 PM
you guys just dont know the facts so i as far im concerned you shouldnt be agreeing or disagreeing with anybody.you guys dont know me ,so you should all keep your mouths shut before you say something stupid.i dont come on here and bad mouth others.so you shouldnt do it to me.

Again, I ask, What did anyone say that has you so upset at anyone? I dont see anyone taking a side, or badmouthing you. I wont put you on the spot with anyone else, but what specifically did I post that you disagree with, or could possibly find offensive? You have lumped me in with "all you guys" so if Im being ostracised Id really like to know what Ive said that warrants it.

Dirtcrasher
10-08-2003, 06:50 AM
you guys just dont know the facts so i as far im concerned you shouldnt be agreeing or disagreeing with anybody.you guys dont know me ,so you should all keep your mouths shut before you say something stupid.i dont come on here and bad mouth others.so you shouldnt do it to me.

Again, I ask, What did anyone say that has you so upset at anyone? I dont see anyone taking a side, or badmouthing you. I wont put you on the spot with anyone else, but what specifically did I post that you disagree with, or could possibly find offensive? You have lumped me in with "all you guys" so if Im being ostracised Id really like to know what Ive said that warrants it.

Thats not my quote?? Jeez, now I look like a jerk J/K....

Clioboy1200
10-13-2003, 11:54 AM
Guys Guys Guys, I think it's time to leave this one! It's like that bar situation where you see a fight about to spring, so you turn and walk away, and let them get on with whatever way they have of sorting it out. You can all send posts all day proving each other wrong, and with each post you get more ammo, but it never really solves anything. Consider the topic closed and let the guys concerned get on the fone and sort it out. Consider who was in the wrong and remember the mistakes cos thats wot you learn from- (do I sound like a piggin hippy?)- later......... ;)

84250r
10-13-2003, 12:42 PM
If this would of stayed private none of this would of accord.