PDA

View Full Version : More ebay aggrevation - this time as a buyer

bugler30
02-01-2011, 01:28 AM
I will start by saying that I consider myself fortunate as I have had very few less than perfect experiences on ebay. As a buyer I always pay immediately via paypal, in return I expect prompt shipping (within 1-2 business days), meaning they get it to the carrier, not to my door. I'm not unrealistic.

last sunday (1/23) I bought and paid for a header pipe for my 350x. The conversation goes as follows:

Me on wednesday (1/26):

have you shipped this out yet? I need to have it by the end of next week, so if you haven't please do so as soon as possible. thank you. If you have it could you please post the tracking number
His reply (1/27)

I have been sick in bed for 4 days i will send today
Me (1/29):

I'm going to assume you got this shipped out when you said you would, could you please provide the tracking number? thanks
no response, still not marked as shipped
Me today (1/31):

Have you shipped this yet? I'm sorry if I'm being a nuisance but I bought this expecting a reasonable shipping time, if you have not shipped the item please refund my money so I can purchase it elsewhere. I hate to have to make threats but if I do not here from you in the next 24 hours I am going to have to open a dispute, which I really would rather not have to go through. As a seller I know how important ones feedback and reputation is to maintain, I believe I am being more than reasonable as I know being sick sucks and makes it difficult to get things done.

I really hate having to pull that card on someone for all I know he was sick and his dog and grandma died the same day and his wife left him blah blah blah. However its partly my own fault as this guy has several feedbacks positive neutral and negative saying SLOW SHIPPING but he was the only one at the time that had a decent one listed and I was hoping to have it last week.

On the other hand as I said in my 400ex thread another guy was honest and proactive enough to send me a message and refund my money on sunday that the part I bought had damage he was previously unaware of, and he's still sending me the part to see if I can use it. So they aren't all bad, but it doesn't take much to spoil it.

EDIT: lol I accidentally put 'nire' in the title I meant 'more'. would a mod be so kind to change it for me? thanks.

EDIT AGAIN: nevermind. fixed it

Chazz of Blades
02-01-2011, 02:58 AM
I'm always hesitant with Ebay.

cr480r
02-01-2011, 03:58 AM
i have been having poor luck too lately. got 2 claims going. Bought over a dozen items recently, one seller sent me the wrong new cable twice, another didnt send anything in 3 weeks, and the other were either not what i expected or a let down in some other way.. i am starting to lose trust in ebay.. all of the sellers had decent feedback

cattle-dog
02-01-2011, 09:07 AM
i buy alot 3or4 things a week and i always check the feedback before i bid, i recently got a front brake system for a 350x that is a 350x rear caliper on a diffrent to short a hose with what has to be the crummiest looking master/handle i have ever seen, and a motor i paid good money for that needs a head,rocker box and cam which wasnt disclosed.
but its the only way to get parts for these without waiting forever for some to be listed on 3ww, so i will keep buying

rdlsz24
02-01-2011, 12:19 PM
That sucks. One of my biggest pet peaves is when people take forever to ship stuff. It's like, quit dragging your damn feet and just go to the post office!

Rob

puggerton03
02-01-2011, 12:32 PM
I've been waiting two weeks for an item I paid for right away and the seller lives 3 hours away!!

hang&rattle
02-01-2011, 12:44 PM
It's a tough deal even with a really good store. I bought some fork boot covers and was sent the wrong ones, so I immediatly sent them back on my dime and then recieved a set which was not what I ordered, wrong color and to short and made of some type of plastic material. I put on my trike and the material broke in the cold, not good. On top of that they didn't send the rear shock cover, & the set I sent back got to the seller before I got the 2nd product (this process took 2 weeks). They refunded my money right away, plus the shipping and I have the crappy one's to protect untill I can get the right one's made. Just frustrating, but they are actually a good store sometimes. Oh, the flame fork boot covers for quads don't work on trikes as they are to long.

dcreel
02-01-2011, 01:42 PM
I've bought 20+ items off Ebay in the last 2 weeks, and everything has gone off without a hitch. Even got a bible inside a package with a rear brake guard in it. Thankfully it was free shipping. I guess they ship a bible with everything they sell on Ebay.

Tri-ZNate
02-01-2011, 04:38 PM
The last month has been hit and miss for me. Rarely do i ever have a problem. I bought wheeel spacers directly from the company that makes them on 1/21. Sent a few messages and havent seen or heard anything. I'm hoping the persistant annoyance will eventually work

bugler30
02-02-2011, 01:24 AM
case officially opened, maybe in 7 days when he is still ignoring me eBay will do something about it. I'm half tempted to post the guys name on here... but I don't know whats going on and don't want to end up looking like an trailpro just yet. I may if he doesn't step up soon and take care of it though. I applaud every prompt and honest buyer and seller on here, CL, and ebay, you make these situations almost bearable because I still believe they are in the slim minority.

2Tim215
02-02-2011, 01:48 AM
I've bought 20+ items off Ebay in the last 2 weeks, and everything has gone off without a hitch. Even got a bible inside a package with a rear brake guard in it. Thankfully it was free shipping. I guess they ship a bible with everything they sell on Ebay.
Share this sellers name! Sounds like someone I would buy from!!!

falloutboy
02-02-2011, 02:05 AM

Must be from Utah. LOL

NINJA
02-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Must be from Utah. LOL

You know not everybody from Utah is a Mormon. Not to mention, it would have been a 'Book of Mormon' and not a Bible. But if we're going to talk in sweeping generalizations, then I'd say we know it's not from Oregon because it didn't contain an 'Anarchist Cookbook'.

dcreel
02-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Share this sellers name! Sounds like someone I would buy from!!!

Here you go..
http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/parts_and_supplies
What was included with the Bible.
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w182/dcreel/001-30.jpg

Xpress
02-02-2011, 03:31 PM
The only stuff I buy off of eBay is stuff from name brand manufacturers, like Ricky Stator.

2Tim215
02-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Here you go..
http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/parts_and_supplies
What was included with the Bible.
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w182/dcreel/001-30.jpg
THANKS!!! Appreciate it, I added them to my Favorite Sellers list. I'm impressed with how many items they carry! Appreciate you sharing the info, sure they do too!

mike from long island
02-02-2011, 07:28 PM
I got a bible one time too!!!

D-dub
02-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Wow Dcreel, That was awfully nice of them!

bugler30
02-03-2011, 03:08 AM
well I knew I would at least kinda feel like a trailpro. The header got here today, but I think he just shipped it on monday and didn't bother replying to my messages. FAST SHPPING on UPS's part though... wow 2 days from PA to OR. I think he may have sent it express or something to keep me from ripping him apart on ebay. not sure though, either way I have it although its almost a week past when I should have had it. I think I'll leave him neutral feedback as opposed to negative, and remember not to buy from him again.

falloutboy
02-03-2011, 03:43 AM
well I knew I would at least kinda feel like a trailpro. The header got here today, but I think he just shipped it on monday and didn't bother replying to my messages. FAST SHPPING on UPS's part though... wow 2 days from PA to OR. I think he may have sent it express or something to keep me from ripping him apart on ebay. not sure though, either way I have it although its almost a week past when I should have had it. I think I'll leave him neutral feedback as opposed to negative, and remember not to buy from him again.

You mean USPS's part, right...

Oh and Ninja, I was just throwing out the most religious state I could think of :D No offense intended for the great land of Moab

bugler30
02-03-2011, 04:01 AM

Oh and Ninja, I was just throwing out the most religious state I could think of No offense intended for the great land of Moab

You are the one that received it... not me. :P Thats even better then, USPS is usually slow, he probably 'overnighted' it or 1-2 day air or something. I almost want to leave positive in that case cause he went the length to make up for his slowness, and I can respect that

And stop trying to incite religious arguments on my thread :P

NINJA
02-03-2011, 04:43 AM

Oh and Ninja, I was just throwing out the most religious state I could think of :D No offense intended for the great land of Moab

:beer: No offense taken, in fact I'm pretty sure Utah would love to give up Moab to Colorado if it didn't bring in so much revenue. This is where all the pot smoking, beer swilling, offroading heathens live. :lol:

smvorndran
02-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Does anybody else find it funny that his name is Richard Jerkins?

Mosh
02-03-2011, 09:11 AM
I will start by saying that I consider myself fortunate as I have had very few less than perfect experiences on ebay. As a buyer I always pay immediately via paypal, in return I expect prompt shipping (within 1-2 business days), meaning they get it to the carrier, not to my door. I'm not unrealistic.

last sunday (1/23) I bought and paid for a header pipe for my 350x. The conversation goes as follows:

Me on wednesday (1/26):

His reply (1/27)

Me (1/29):

no response, still not marked as shipped
Me today (1/31):

I really hate having to pull that card on someone for all I know he was sick and his dog and grandma died the same day and his wife left him blah blah blah. However its partly my own fault as this guy has several feedbacks positive neutral and negative saying SLOW SHIPPING but he was the only one at the time that had a decent one listed and I was hoping to have it last week.

On the other hand as I said in my 400ex thread another guy was honest and proactive enough to send me a message and refund my money on sunday that the part I bought had damage he was previously unaware of, and he's still sending me the part to see if I can use it. So they aren't all bad, but it doesn't take much to spoil it.

EDIT: lol I accidentally put 'nire' in the title I meant 'more'. would a mod be so kind to change it for me? thanks.

EDIT AGAIN: nevermind. fixed it
I don't mean to attack you or sound like a dick, but 10 days to complete a Ebay transaction is expected, and not anything to complain about.
I understand sometimes that when you really need something to make your bike run, impatience can set in. But life is life, and sometimes people have problems that do not permit them to ship something within 24 hours. In most cases people ship 3 times a week in a private business. Only large business' ship everyday.
I think that you let impatience get the best of you, and the seller deserves good feedback..Just MO.

Mosh
02-03-2011, 09:18 AM
It's a tough deal even with a really good store. I bought some fork boot covers and was sent the wrong ones, so I immediatly sent them back on my dime and then recieved a set which was not what I ordered, wrong color and to short and made of some type of plastic material. I put on my trike and the material broke in the cold, not good. On top of that they didn't send the rear shock cover, & the set I sent back got to the seller before I got the 2nd product (this process took 2 weeks). They refunded my money right away, plus the shipping and I have the crappy one's to protect untill I can get the right one's made. Just frustrating, but they are actually a good store sometimes. Oh, the flame fork boot covers for quads don't work on trikes as they are to long.

You could have bought those from us. Custom made to however you wanted them.
They are machine specific and would have fit, but probably cost more? 40$ shipped, and would have taken 2-3 weeks to get.
But it sounds like it would have been the same price and wait time in the end.

Support those who support you.

cattle-dog
02-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Mosh we need a venders list where you guys can list everything you and mrs mosh make and the others on here also then we would all know what products you all have,
everytime i turn around i hear about something else you and mrs mosh make and would rather spend my money with the good members here.
and by a venders list mean only venders can post thier business and contact info that would be helpfull to no end.

MrPretty
02-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Mosh we need a venders list where you guys can list everything you and mrs mosh make and the others on here also then we would all know what products you all have,
everytime i turn around i hear about something else you and mrs mosh make and would rather spend my money with the good members here.
and by a venders list mean only venders can post thier business and contact info that would be helpfull to no end.

I think something like this would be great to have

Mosh
02-03-2011, 03:51 PM
That has been discussed, many times and just has not come to fruition yet.
I don't have the ability or authority, to actually implement that.

But we do have a website.

www.cosmicquads.com

rdlsz24
02-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Does anybody else find it funny that his name is Richard Jerkins?

hehe I saw that and laughed. My wife says I'm immature

Rob

bugler30
02-04-2011, 04:33 AM
so I left him positive feedback. My biggest gripe was that he didn't bother responding to my messages, as much as I would have liked to have had it for last weekend it wouldn't have made much difference as I was waiting on the sprocket bolts also. I was getting impatient but also a little worried that I'd been had. I didn't open the case until after a week of not hearing anything, which I would have had to wait another week before eBay had done anything. I'm glad that I got the part and probably got it about the same time I would have had he shipped it out the day he said he was going to. We live in a fast-food instant gratification society and I'm just as guilty as the next big-mac munchin american.

hang&rattle
02-04-2011, 10:05 AM
hehe I saw that and laughed. My wife says I'm immature

Rob
Heck, so am I rdlsz, lol. One of the first things that transpired in my brain, lol. And heck ya I'm immature, I got kids for buddies and to play with, not to raise, lol. This e-bay thing is pretty difficult. I remember I was riding 80+% of my bulls for nearly 3 years strait (which was unheard of), then I dropped to 60-70%. Thought I was suckin' big time. I've recieved stuff in 3 days after ordering, now I expect everything to be like that, but 7 days or so is still pretty quick. I remember ordering things from the Sears catalog when I was a kid, 6-8 weeks, minimum, lol (and my skate board came broken and I had to wait longer!).