PDA

View Full Version : when are you not a newb anymore

yooperman
02-04-2011, 02:54 PM
so when are you not considered a newd any more and when do the senior members have faith in ya? on this site, i was just pondering this i always see post bitching about newds and so forth. so i was like hhmmmm when are you not one any more. give some input fella's especailly you senior member, this is a serious post i wanna know you guys thoughts on it. i been a member since 2009 i dont have thousand and thousand of post but am i still considerd a newb?

Bretmd94
02-04-2011, 03:04 PM
People with huge post counts are basically post whores. Unless they have been here from the beginning of time.

Being a non newb in my mind just means not asking a question that has been asked a thousand times already. Being smart about posting helps too.

If you have been given crap on here before, ask yourself these questions before you post.

Have I used search to see if this has already been covered?

Do I really know anything about what I am about to say, or am I just posting to post? <-- I fail at this one

Is this going to offend anyone?

I'm sure other questions can be added.

Being a newb on a forum really means you are just not used to how a forum works and do not understand that there are geeks that have been using said forum every hour of every day for the last 10 years. And anything you say will get a mean response from them.

Bottom line, don't lose sleep over it. It's just the internet. Just try to say intelligent things and get the locals respect.

Edit:

I just ran across a couple of your posts. If you miss spell stuff or want to change you original post, don't be afraid to edit your original post instead of posting a new one. And when you want to respond to one post in a thread, go ahead and click the reply with quote so that everyone will know who you are referring too. These things will help build that said respect with the forum junkies.

Xpress
02-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Hard to say. When you graduate to an "intermediate" classification is generally when you have a firm grasp of the concept you are trying to attain, and can do so. Like for flying planes, you are no longer considered a newb when you can fly the plane and know how to respond appropriately.

Probably is the same with trikes, when you are getting more advanced, you are more comfortable doing more daring things, such as jumping, or sliding at higher speeds.

fabiodriven
02-04-2011, 03:39 PM
People with huge post counts are basically post whores. Unless they have been here from the beginning of time.

Watch it newb.:lol:

I consider somebody to have graduated from not being a newb anymore after about two years. Some newbs are very knowledgeable, even more so than myself (I know, it doesn't seem possible, but it is!) But for the most part they bother me personally.

I just noticed somebody (who shall remain nameless) ask a fellow board member who was buying his new plastics for his 350X if he was buying OEM's or Maier's. I know this board member is no dummy, so I kept my yap shut.;) If he were a newb I might have nailed him though.:D

yooperman
02-04-2011, 03:44 PM
those where lots of the thoughts that i was thinking about also. i dont lose sleep over it the only thing that will make me lose sleep is if is my money, my family. if some one messes with any one of them they better watch there backend lol because its on like a fat kid on cake, and it will be just a messy i will sit behind bars for my family. for fixing grammer if it aint to extremely terrible ahh it will be ok i'm not perfect either is any one else, if they think they are think they need to take a pee test lol. i am not saying i have made some post of simple questions or beat a dead horse but its all good right. i just think its funny how people wont talk to people on here just by how they type, or grammar. and look at them like there a contagious germ or somthing it cracks me up.
i just wanted to get other peoples feedback on the subject. i didnt get called out or anything so im not crying just wanted to get input on it because i see lots of new member showing up all the time, and some of the questions they ask im like WOW. like why wont my tire hold air, or why wont my bike run, a drunk monkey can figure most of the stuff out if they just get there hands dirty. i keep a low profile most of the time im like a shark lol post some here and there for a lil bit then go into hiding lol i am a ghost lol.

yooperman
02-04-2011, 03:47 PM
yeah that was me LOL :crazy: i had a brain fart lol. after i was done posting and checking the site out i was like DUH i should of know that one right away since i own a 350x lol. it happens to the best of us, im to busy trying to take over 3WW then the world slip lil bit every know and then :lol:

thestud25
02-04-2011, 03:48 PM
So where can I buy a carb for my 81 Honda ATC 250x sport trike.....LOL!!!

dcreel
02-04-2011, 03:56 PM
So where can I buy a carb for my 81 Honda ATC 250x sport trike.....LOL!!!

These are my favorite kind of posts.. Out of the blue, and have nothing to do with the thread whatsoever. Look at the posters post count and there is usually a 1 there.. :lol:

yooperman
02-04-2011, 03:59 PM
hey stud you guys get hammered hard by that storm 2 -3 days ago in MO i got buddies that live in independence MO they were talking about a big storm coming

thestud25
02-04-2011, 04:00 PM
These are my favorite kind of posts.. Out of the blue, and have nothing to do with the thread whatsoever. Look at the posters post count and there is usually a 1 there.. :lol:

It kills me when I see a post like the one I made for fun. I love it more when it is a serious thread and someone throws one in there.

thestud25
02-04-2011, 04:01 PM
hey stud you guys get hammered hard by that storm 2 -3 days ago in MO i got buddies that live in independence MO they were talking about a big storm coming

Hey Newb, wrong thread..J/K LOL. We got 10 inches in Springfield, 20 inches in Joplin, etc.

Bretmd94
02-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Watch it newb.:lol:

I consider somebody to have graduated from not being a newb anymore after about two years. Some newbs are very knowledgeable, even more so than myself (I know, it doesn't seem possible, but it is!) But for the most part they bother me personally.

Haha :p

I will have you know I was on this site several years before 2009. Different Account. :shiftyeyes:

Bretmd94
02-04-2011, 05:23 PM
those where lots of the thoughts that i was thinking about also. i dont lose sleep over it the only thing that will make me lose sleep is if is my money, my family. if some one messes with any one of them they better watch there backend lol because its on like a fat kid on cake, and it will be just a messy i will sit behind bars for my family. for fixing grammer if it aint to extremely terrible ahh it will be ok i'm not perfect either is any one else, if they think they are think they need to take a pee test lol. i am not saying i have made some post of simple questions or beat a dead horse but its all good right. i just think its funny how people wont talk to people on here just by how they type, or grammar. and look at them like there a contagious germ or somthing it cracks me up.
i just wanted to get other peoples feedback on the subject. i didnt get called out or anything so im not crying just wanted to get input on it because i see lots of new member showing up all the time, and some of the questions they ask im like WOW. like why wont my tire hold air, or why wont my bike run, a drunk monkey can figure most of the stuff out if they just get there hands dirty. i keep a low profile most of the time im like a shark lol post some here and there for a lil bit then go into hiding lol i am a ghost lol.

This is a good example.

All I see when I look at this is a wall of words.... :wondering Trying to read it is difficult.

Correct grammar may be asking a bit much on these forums but go ahead and hit that return key a few times in there next time, for our sake.

buck
02-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation go a LONG way with me. It's easy to tell if someone is 14 or 40 based on the way they speak. Using shorthand texting lingo is a huge sign of someone that hasn't hit puberty yet to me. If one can't attempt to form a sentence with normal punctuation they will never be taken seriously by me.

If one acts like a kid they get treated like one.

Buck

Brockey
02-04-2011, 07:58 PM
If you have to ask..... Your still a newb! Lol. Just joking. Your not a newb in my books if you post in the right forums, act like an adult and keep the really stunned questions to yourself. Oh and use the search feature.

Also, when searching and reading a classified post from past years don't bump it up by asking if it's still for sale from 5 years ago. Lol.

Mrs.Mosh
02-04-2011, 09:13 PM
If you have been here for a year I wouldnt consider that a newbie, or even 6 months.

But the people who postwhore all over will have a hard time climbing out of that shadow.
I have been a lurker on the forum since late 2004, got my own name in 2006 and only have 1600 posts, and most of those are strictly related to business transactions, forum moderation, or Trikefest related (since I have been to 3 of them), or trike racing/riding which is what I love to do most.

Then I see folks with less than a years time at 1500 posts??

mmartin
02-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Ya'll can consider me a newb for the next 20 years if you want.
I like it when someone makes a comment that I can twist in mind to meaning I'm still YOUNG!!!!!

The Goat
02-05-2011, 02:25 PM
oh idk...when you stop asking questions and creating pointless threads lol

newbs keep things moving though...it's the nature of the beast.

Mr_RPM
02-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Once someone can give as much info as they ask, (about anything, not just trike stuff) they are starting to be less newby to me.
Once a member has enough passion to contribute to the forum rather then just asking away about their damn carb problems makes them less newby to me.
Once a member makes a smooth transaction with another member makes them less newby to me. (shows they are responsible enough to go about doing something with another member)
lol the list goes on.
But thats just My Opinion and, after all Im still a Newb.

Brockey
02-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Darn, my latest thread about my carb problems. Lol