PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an Ultrasonic cleaner?

SonicTronics
02-06-2011, 02:58 AM
Just wondering if any of you guys have one personally. I have been looking into getting one and am looking in the 200-250 range. Just want something big enough to fit my carb from my 350. Not buying it just for that, but needs to be at least that big. Let me know what you all are using and a little description of what's good/bad about it.

Also can someone give me a few pointers on what to look for when it comes to the specs on these things. Is a higher frequency or a lower frequency better for example?
Thanks.

thefox
02-06-2011, 07:44 AM
I have one of the cheap Harbor Freight ones, it works ok but sure isn't all that powerful. My brother has two much more expensive ones he uses all the time big enough to fit the banks of 4 carbs for Honda CB750's in them. I'll have to see if he will post some info.

FrankOmega
02-10-2011, 06:35 PM
SonicTronics,

We are the West Coast's leading manufacturer of ultrasonic cleaning equipment. One of our biggest advocates is Jay Leno who uses our cleaners in his garage. Feel free to see if we might be a good fit for you. Would love to help you with the cleaning of your carb and any other parts that need a thorough washing. [URL="http://www.omegasonics.com/industries/power_sports.shtml"]

Frank P.

jensenracing77
02-10-2011, 07:35 PM
the ultrasonic cleaners are awesome. i have nothing bad to say about them. but i have never use a $200 one. the one i am using is one that a friend has. i think he paid over $4000 for it. it is incredible how well they work. i seen those at Harbor freight, if you are going to try one of them don't mess with the one that don't heat the solution. i don't think those will work much at all.

Dirtcrasher
02-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Frank P??:shiftyeyes::shiftyeyes:

Not a good name to have in California.......

sixpackrt
02-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Frank P??:shiftyeyes::shiftyeyes:

Not a good name to have in California.......
I was thinking the same thing.

ATC-Eric
02-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Would love to get my hands on a good one for the shop. Saw a demonstration at the dealer show last year of a good one, guy was taking carbon off of old pistons with a 30 second dip. Im talking straight back to aluminum!

Im afraid you might not get everything you hoped for for that price range though. If all your going to do is carbs, you would be better off rollin down to the local auto parts store and grabbing a can of carb dip. But hey if you do find a good one for $200 let me know!

sixpackrt
02-11-2011, 11:32 AM
I bought on used for $200 heated

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx220/sixpackrt/crest-1.jpg
http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx220/sixpackrt/crest4.jpg

sixpackrt
02-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Frank what Cleaning Soaps do you recommend for cleaning carbs and carbon?

FrankOmega
02-14-2011, 02:42 PM
Hey SixPack,

Would recommend OmegaClean for carburetors.

Eric Peterson, owner of Specialty Marine in Oxnard, said that his ultrasonic cleaning solution, OmegaClean, removes oil, grease, carbon and other contaminants better than aerosol solvents and hand-cleaning. He likes the fact that the solution is non-toxic and environmentally safe. The cleaner's buffers protect aluminum finishes and its silicates guard against flash rusting. And by charging a flat fee for cleaning a carburetor, his table top unit has become a profit center.

Hope that helps,

Frank