PDA

View Full Version : New from Central Florida

3wheely
02-07-2011, 10:06 PM
What's up my fellow trikester's! I grew up riding these things in the 80's and had an itch to get another. I bought a 200x back in May and it was in great shape for $500. It really needed nothing but my goal was to restore it. I had the engine professionally rebuilt (stock) from top to bottom, the case sandblasted and painted, whole new clutch assembly and cable, got a steal on a metal tank for $20 (inside was showroom clean and outside dent free and rust free) and had it professionally painted with new decals, chain and sprockets, seat cover, shock boots, Renthal handlebars, grips and hand guards, ITP Holeshots, axle seals and bearings, rebuilt brakes, and I'm sure I'm leaving something out. I sunk a little more money into it than I wanted to but what the hell it's a classic! I'll post pics once I get a rear fender the last piece. I have one that's in decent shape, it just has a small crack that I stitched . Anyone here from the Central Florida area?

Flossyb20
02-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Where you at? I'm in Cocoa, which I guess is really eastern Fl, But ORL is only an hour away! Welcome...I have a 200x as well, got it a few years ago, also just bought a 350x to round out the fleet..anywhere good to ride where you are...places in FL are hard to find.

3wheely
02-08-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm in Lake County. I work in Orlando though. I live about 15 minutes from the Ocala National Forest but not sure if they allow 3 wheelers or if you have to have a sticker. I usually ride on private property. I have a big clay pit by my house with a few hills to climb, stuff like that. Nice what year is the 200x? Looks like 86-87? Yeah my next project will be a 350x or 250r. I like my 200x but I need more power. It's fun to play on but I like a little top end every now and then. Where did you get the 350X? Craigs list? I had found a 250r on there but the guy wouldn't take my offer.

MonroeMike
02-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Welcome to the site.

Billy Golightly
02-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Welcome to the site fellow Floridian!

Flossyb20
02-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Actually my 200x is an 85, the picture in my profile is the 350x, the day I picked it up. Found it on craigslist for 400.00, don't worry, it was a basketcase, but had a good engine in it (which is basically why I bought it). Just finished the restoration on it, check out the thread
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?124040-One-more-350x-back-to-life&highlight=
You're gonna love the difference over your 200x! Let me know if you find a good place to ride, I'm always willing to pack up the trailer for a good afternoon.

3wheely
02-08-2011, 03:47 PM
My bad, I didn't look close enough. Nice job. For a POS it sure looked nice but then again pictures are very deceiving. Yeah I'm still looking but not sure if I want to restore another one. I kind of wish I would of waited and restored a 250 or 350. You can invest way to much money quickly! Especially when half is labor. I can do a lot but I don't work on motors....lol