PDA

View Full Version : White ATC 70!

coolpool
02-15-2011, 07:55 AM
After reading about white Big Red fenders I remembered seeing this add on Kijiji tonight. What a coincidence. I didn't think much about it except a fellow member said he'd seen one in Italy and Japan I think. I think this is the real thing judging by the one picture. The plastic looks mint. Are these hard to come by? How many went into production? If anybody wants it scooped up just make the deal and I'll grab it for some diesel $. I'll store it until shipping can be figured out. Edmonton is approx 150 miles from me.
http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-ATVs-Honda-70cc-trike-W0QQAdIdZ259692770

devilman
02-15-2011, 08:07 AM
i bet its aftermarket. tank is plastic and the forks got a shot of black over the red it appears

coolpool
02-15-2011, 08:22 AM
I agree with the red paint under the black devilman, but I don't think all those stickers would stick to a plastic tank. Honda has had a history of re-painting parts due to production line changes. Look at any US90 parts that are scratched up. It's not uncommon to see two colors come through.

blue27
02-15-2011, 10:36 AM
thats a white clark tank, look at the gas cap. I will look when I get home to verify ( I have a French parts manual), but I believe you could get white in non usa models. But I would guess they are Maier fenders.

Fungo Wizard
02-15-2011, 10:48 AM
It is hilarious cause I was just thinking I would make mine white with black frame and forks, not sure I am crazy about that look now that I see it. I am definately voting aftermarket plastics, tank, and some paint on the forks.

Vealmonkey
02-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Firstly US90 fenders were fiberglass. Also honda used alot of white injection molded plastic and painted it the the desired color. Not sure why. Maybe they had procurement problems for the desired colors or it was just cheaper to paint needed colors. I have a set of later model atc90 fenders that are also white underneath, but they do not look like fiberglass but seem to be a very hard injection molded plastic. White Factory 70 parts would be cool though.