PDA

View Full Version : Tri Z.......CONVERSION :(

bucko
02-16-2011, 12:50 AM
I like it the way it was before the conversion better :lol:

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/2200916966.html

Bryan Raffa
02-16-2011, 01:01 AM
thats TimSr's bike.. and thats a period correct Astro conversion,,,, not just some hack job..

bucko
02-16-2011, 02:03 AM
I wasn tsyaing anything bad about it,just that I think the 3 wheel original version is better :)

86T3
02-17-2011, 12:20 PM
Is the front fender on that astro specific or is it a maier or factory piece that was used?

sugarhead
02-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Why would any 1 want to hack up a good 3 wheeler into a quad?I rode a co workers 350X 6 years ago,holy spit that thing was agile and jumped straight as an arrow.At the time I had a slohave cough cough I mean a mojave 250.The difference was nite and day as weight and center of gravity was concerned.I saw your trikes on you tube mr raffa,that tri Z is tight:)

puggerton03
02-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Wish it was closer. I'd buy it right now.

sugarhead
02-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Yeah if I was closer I'd snatch it up.smokers are so easy to work on and it would get changed back to 3 wheels too:D

TimSr
02-20-2011, 02:49 PM
Is the front fender on that astro specific or is it a maier or factory piece that was used?

All the Astro fenders were model specific, and Astro contracted Maier to make them for all of their kits. It was the old matte style Maier before they started making the smooth shiny stuff. Maier worked off the LT250R design, which causes a lot of people to mistakenly believe they are the same. They are NOT. They only fit the trike conversion they were designed for. You'll notice the TriZ radiator shrouds are built into the front fender, and use the same bolt holes. The center "grill" piece, however, is the same as the Maier LT250R.

You'll be interested to know I drove to a small town near Buffalo to pick this thing up several years ago.

To those who still email me with the same idiotic question (over and over and over) of "why would somebody do that to a trike?", read the ad! It explains it if you are literate to comprehend basic English. Sellers get annoyed with people who ask the same questions over and over, dont listen to the answer, and have no interest in buying to begin with. In the story of ATV evolution, that chapter has as much historical significance as the trikes they were converted from, and they are a lot more rare.