PDA

View Full Version : Things must really be tight at OCC

jays375
02-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Was looking at ebay tonight like most nights.Always look for Triumph motorcycles.Usually do the distance nearest first.A very clean Triumph Royal Wedding comes up in Newburgh New York.Looking at the pictures the garage looked like Paul Tetul Senoir's personal garage.In one of the other pictures he is in it with one of the bikes.From watching the show you could see he had a pretty good collection of vintage british motorcycles.Figures he would sell the good bikes first.Wonder if sold off any cars yet?The seller is nicholasbusa.

Dirtcrasher
02-16-2011, 08:18 PM
I can't find it under that sellers name??

The father could die, then the kids would miss the hell out of him. Work apart if you must, but love your family..........

dcreel
02-16-2011, 08:26 PM
The father could die, then the kids would miss the hell out of him. Work apart if you must, but love your family..........

The father could quit being a toolbag. Put his family in front of the 2 lawsuits he has against his son. If anyone will regret their actions it will be sr.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Triumph-Bonneville-T140ES-1982-TRIUMPH-BONNEVILLE-ROYAL-WEDDING-T140-ES-422-MILES-/120685674134?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item1c196d3e96

seller is nicholasbusa

Youtube name is nicholasocc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFJtdWvyyHs

The picture of the toolbag is in this listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-HT-5-ALL-ALLOY-ALL-ALLOY-1957-ARIEL-HT-5-ALL-ALLOY-/120685102526?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item1c196485be

jays375
02-16-2011, 09:08 PM
My opps it is nicholasbusa,sorry.

fabiodriven
02-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Thank you for fixing that Doug.

Paul Sr. is a nut job.

Emory2268
02-16-2011, 10:29 PM
Hopefully JR will see the lesson of buying too much too fast with success, and keep his business at a manageable size. That kid he just fired was a punk though

RamsesRibb
02-17-2011, 12:48 AM
Hopefully JR will see the lesson of buying too much too fast with success, and keep his business at a manageable size. That kid he just fired was a punk though

I've been wondering how he could put up with all that attitude. Kid couldn't see that he was given opportunity.

Louis Mielke
02-17-2011, 10:39 PM
So whats the story I haven't really kept up with the whole OCC thing.

dcreel
02-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Sr. sold Jr. 20% of OCC back when they were together. Sr. fired Jr.. Sr. had OCC valued by a firm for $0. He is suing Jr. for Jr. to give up his 20% for $0. Sr. just recently sued Jr. and his manager Joe for stealing the company Faro away from Sr. Apparently Joe signed a paper saying he wouldn't work for a competitor of OCC. Faro asked Jr. to build them a bike because they like the way Jr. runs his business.

OCC hasn't paid their mortgage for a while hoping to force their mortgage company into smaller payments. The new OCC building is worth less than OCC is paying for.

Sr. has talked so much sh!t on Mikey and Jr., while Mikey and Jr. take the high road to their father's idiotic antics.

sugarhead
02-17-2011, 10:52 PM
I didnt like how the father talked down to his kids,and this is news too me,How can 1 whos so successful be such a screw up or screw it up and throw it away all in the same line is beyond me?

dcreel
02-17-2011, 11:00 PM
I'll be the first to say that Jr. took advantage.. a lot. The problem with that is that his father raised him to be like that. Sr. needs to take responsibility for some of this, instead of blaming it all on his kids.

I'll also be the first to say that Jr designed 90% of the bikes that left OCC while he was there. Sr. can deny it all he wants.. hell, watch the shows.. Jr. was practically running the designing and building of the theme bikes.

sugarhead
02-17-2011, 11:09 PM
My friend up the street went to daytona,he met the different bike builders and rode w them.He said OC had there stuff all fenced in behind plexiglass,you couldnt get 5 foot near the bikes if you wanted too.He said they were abunch of pompous assholes and said w an atitude of look dont touch there business wont go too far in the future.This was like a year or 2 ago.

hang&rattle
02-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Ya, I agree with Doug. I seen shows that showed the old bikes Sr. built years ago and basically he was just a parts assymbler with a good pain scheme. He's just done it for so long. Jr. was definately the turning point that built Sr. up. Seen some old bikes built by other small-time shop and know now, to get famous, you just have to be in the right place at the right time. I stopped watching when it became a soap opera instead of a show case for cool bikes.

sugarhead
02-17-2011, 11:21 PM
I lost interest in it when I figured out it was more taking parts and putting them together and not fabricating stuff.Gee any bozo can order this set of forks,and frame and tanks and etc etc etc and put abike together. Plus the price of the bikes and realizing Id never be able to afford 1 turned me off.Car magazines do the same to me whats the point in even looking at it when its just out of sight display candy kicking you in the face.

fabiodriven
02-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Car magazines do the same to me whats the point in even looking at it when its just out of sight display candy kicking you in the face.

Check out Car Craft. It's a magazine for us.:D

dcreel
02-17-2011, 11:28 PM
I have to say I watch the show because I'm a sucker for the underdog.. I would love nothing more than watching Jr. hand Sr. his @$$... How about the next bikers buildoff.. Put your 20% where your mouth is..

sugarhead
02-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Im glad some 1 understands.I make decent money but when you open up motortrend and every godamn car is 100 grand plus,40 grand and its affordable and the 2 articles on POS toyota corollas that dont interest me,Its either time to put the magazine down as these editors are so lost in money they dont get it.Most people cant afford a 40 grand car or truck .Or its time for me to pick up the pipe and pretend Im charlie sheen:DI do realize some people ,maybe alot do have money and always will and half of them dont know there ass from there hole when it comes to how a car works,for them its the cell phone and tellematics in it.For me its not realistic cars companies only need to look around an see the middleclass is drying up faster then the mojave .I say lets the cars rot,let the mag companies go down the drain,let the mfgs eat the quad prices and lets ge tback to america.Sad thing is no matter what we do,its now global we could stop buying BOPs fords chevys etc and they will jsut laugh at us as the corporate world is now global and doesnt need us anymore.We have been sold down the river buddy.

cr480r
02-18-2011, 12:19 AM
i bet the whole jr vs. sr fued is just for show... i bet behind the scenes they laugh and high five about how much money they've made from the show... Its not about the bikes anymore.. Do you really think pual jr's shop is hurting? discovery channel probably owns it...lol.. the show has been around for so long now they had to to do something to add some drama to make it entertaining... especially with all the other good shows coming out lately.. a guy can only watch so many episodes of custom tanks and axle spacers before its old news...

dcreel
02-18-2011, 12:51 AM
i bet the whole jr vs. sr fued is just for show... i bet behind the scenes they laugh and high five about how money they've made from the show... Its not about the bikes anymore.. Do you really think pual jr's shop is hurting? discovery channel probably owns it...lol.. the show has been around for so long now they had to to do something to add some drama to make it entertaining... especially with all the other good shows coming out lately.. a guy can only watch so many episodes of custom tanks and axle spacers before its old news...

I'm sure Sr. missed his sons wedding to boost ratings... and then went to the wedding of one of his employees. It's all for ratings.. Suing your son, making fun of your kids on the air.. all for ratings.. They have 2 completely seperate production/video crews because both sides distrust the other. I can't get past how some people think blowing a family to smithereens is a ploy all for ratings.. Especially from people who know nothing about it.

cr480r
02-18-2011, 01:03 AM
I can't get past how some people think blowing a family to smithereens is a ploy all for ratings.. Especially from people who know nothing about it.

Do you think i dont have cable tv? And for the record, I never claimed to KNOW anything about the Teutul family.. I dont know them or anyone who does...Its just my OPINION that the fued seems a bit scripted...

UlsterATCFan
02-18-2011, 05:14 AM
OCC is a victim of its own success

Watch whale wars instead :-)

tri again
02-18-2011, 05:23 AM
I;d like to know how sr got the appraisers and attorneys to value the OCC biz as ZERO worth.

Have we seen their retail shop? the old one as opposed to the new?

100,000 sq ft shop, private houses, cars etc etc

and the biz is worth NOthing?

I wonder if the irs watches tv.

A biz can lose $$ for only 3 years and then it's considered a hobby by the irs.

Maybe the disco channel pays really well.

And they say rich people don't pay taxes.

fabiodriven
02-18-2011, 09:49 AM
Watch whale wars instead :-)

I hate to get so off topic, but this strikes a cord with me. Whale Wars is an excellent show and I applaud Captain Paul Watson and the efforts of Sea Shepperd. I just saw an article this week stating that the Japanese are not going whaling this year based solely on the efforts of Sea Shepperd. It truly made me happy to see that.

JayBone
02-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Enough of reality TV. I hope the second part of this decade changes TV and Music.

UlsterATCFan
02-18-2011, 11:34 AM
I hate to get so off topic, but this strikes a cord with me. Whale Wars is an excellent show and I applaud Captain Paul Watson and the efforts of Sea Shepperd. I just saw an article this week stating that the Japanese are not going whaling this year based solely on the efforts of Sea Shepperd. It truly made me happy to see that.

I have alot of respect for the Sea Shepherd volunteers, I'm not really into eco issues but its a great TV show and it takes balls to volunteer for something like that

Bretmd94
02-18-2011, 12:31 PM
That crappy show is still on?

Never really was a fan of their bikes anyways. Now watching Jessy James pound out a gas tank from a sheet of metal, he has actual talent.

tri again
02-18-2011, 01:07 PM
was there really gold in gold hill?

I'm with you too.
Indian larry in NY and that guy billy in the tiny florida shop could make stuff with
their bare hands out of thin air.

leviblue
02-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Ratings ploy.....ehh maybe not. Sr did the same thing to his son that bought him out of the metal shop. Nasty lawsuit there. It's more over ego's and Sr just doesn't want to admit Jr was the major reason he is where he's at today. He took a hobby, invested some cash in his son's ideas, and got rich.Sure he built a few old skool bikes but he really ran the company.
Jr on the other hand built the bikes in the beginning but as time and fame went on he just phoned it in to Rick and Vinny. The last few years at OCC he rarely built 50% of the bikes he designed. Just like he's doing now. At the start of PJD he worked his ass off on the Anti-Venom and Geico bike. Then it seems he's just showing up to tell Vinny what to do then run off leaving Vinny to say "I don't know what JR wants to do" or "I wish I knew what it was supposed to look like". What's with that?? Looks like the same Jr too me. His bikes.....well their not that great. Screw the theme bikes and just build a BAD ASS chopper. How much crap can you bolt on a bike be for it looks like shinny ghetto hooptie with spinning hubcaps. WEB BIKES!!!!! OH PLEASE........... done DONE and OVER DONE. If he didn't have a product to build around he'd have no ideas at all. Heck if a hotdog company wanted a bike I'm sure he'd put the "WORKS" on it. He's not really fabing to much, tanks don't count. Build your own frame and fork set and I'll be impressed.
This season OCC has built nicer bikes and Jason Poole has come around as a designer but still should be seen and not heard. The girder set-up he did this year was hot. I might not like the guy but he has more design talent than Jr IMO. Rick is the real looser in all of this. The one guy who has TRUE TALENT is stuck in the middle with a contract to the OCC and the thought of going to Jr and doing all of his work again.
And Mikey...WTF??? What did he need to go to rehab for? The guy has it made, fat lazy non working and gets a pay check plus royalties!!! What the hell was he on? Unless his coke was laced with junk food what was his problem? That was a grab for attention just like his art work. And as a person who makes his living as an artist and has 20 other artists working for him I find it offencive he calls himself an artist. Christ my 3yo niece has better work hanging on my fridge.
Sr problem is he became too big too fast and thought he did it all himself. His big man on campus ego has hurt OCC to the point where he's not the teddy bear he was. The guy could never let any of the bikes go. Hey he'd buy them back at auctions. The 50 plus cars is a little too much. He's now at that point where the company is his in name but the lawyers and bankers are running it. The end is near for OCC.

Much respect for the sea shepard here. I'd do it in a heart beat. You gotta give it up to that crazy guy who's boat was rammed then did the night Ops on the whalers. What a set of balls it takes to jump off a wave runner in the middle of the night in the southren ocean to climb up the side of a moving ship to confront it's captain. VERY COOL
drjoe Billy Lane is in jail in Fla and will be so for 2 more years. He had a 3year bit for a DUI in which he ran into another biker at a high rate of speed. Sent him a x-mas card this year and he sent a thank you note back.
BRING BACK BIKER BUILD-OFF

dcreel
02-18-2011, 02:45 PM
As far as Billy Lane goes the guy's license was revoked for a prior drunk driving conviction, when he was drunk driving again (.19) with no license in a Dodge Ram, tried to pass two cars and hit an old man on a scooter head on and killed him. As far as I'm concerned Billy Lane can sit and rot in jail. You should have sent that x-mas card to the family of the guy he killed.

http://www.thebeachcruiser.com/images/bilde.jpg