PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Small Engine Tuneup/Repair

Lord Letto 20
02-22-2011, 03:13 PM
I was wondering if anyone in Southern Ontario knows of a cheap but reliable place to bring ATC Engines for Repair's and Tune ups, me and my brother is looking to save up some cash to get our Honda's brought in somewhere to get Repaired/Tuned up by someone. i have a Ad on Kijiji and had 2 reply's so far, here is the Ad:
http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-automotive-services-repairs-maintenance-Cheap-Small-Engine-Tuneup-Repair-W0QQAdIdZ262290083

Hi, Me and My Brother looking for someone to Tuneup/Repair 3 Engines from Honda ATC 3 Wheelers, 2 engines are from Different 83' ATC 200e, both don't start, i believe one needs a Head gasket (Got some Gasket Maker to Do it) and the other one needs a Piston/Piston Rings or something. The other engine is from a 84' ATC 200m, it Started before the Winter and has been sitting for the winter due to all of the snow on the Ground, just a Tuneup on this Engine unless it needs work done to get it running after sitting for the winter. Engine's are Still in the Trikes. Please Reply with what you charge and what experience you Have, i have a Clymers Manual for 1980-1986 ATC 185 and ATC 200 Models that can be Borrowed if you don't have one. I Live in St. Agatha

And the 2 Reply's:
1:
Hi, you can't use a liquid head gasket, you need to buy an oem or an aftermarket one. Do you have a trailer?
2:
Hey, I know a guy in london who is Pro with Honda ATC's let me know if your interested and I will talk to him for you

I Know there is at least 3 Member's that live in the London Area so they should be able to Confirm #2 and anyone should be able to Confirm #1, it's the Gray Gasket Maker i have (http://automotive.hardwarestore.com/90-558-gasket-sealer/rtv-gasket-maker-662054.aspx)

I Posted here in the Open Forum but if it should be Moved Somewhere else than feel Free to Move it.

tapper190
02-22-2011, 08:26 PM
I posted the first one, I do not believe that you can use a liquid gasket maker for a head gasket. Spend the $20 for a proper new oem head gasket ( which are made of metal). All the 185cc and the 200cc head gaskets are the same, but I think it was the 185cc which costs more money. As another wise member has stated before, if the manual calls for a paper gasket, then put one in.
Tapper

Lord Letto 20
02-23-2011, 12:25 PM
oh, ok. also, i know that it was Silverado that sent me the second one. i had another reply after:

give paul a call 519 XXX XXXX,,,,tell him clair sent ya........he can fix anything always good prices

fabiodriven
02-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Weird thread, but whatever I guess.:crazy:

As already stated, you can not use a liquid gasket maker for a head gasket. You must buy a new one.

Lord Letto 20
02-23-2011, 02:49 PM
ya, i looked in the Clymers Manual i have and on Page 7, Number 5 under Special Tips, it says that i need the OEM Gasket because it swells when in contact with oil and that gasket maker won't swell like that plus the OEM Gasket is the proper thickness and that a to thick or thin gasket can cause oil leaks and/or engine damage.

and while i'm posting, my understanding is that the standard size wiseco piston costs more than a bigger bore Piston for the same machine, why's that?

Dirtcrasher
02-23-2011, 08:52 PM
I posted the first one, I do not believe that you can use a liquid gasket maker for a head gasket. Spend the $20 for a proper new oem head gasket ( which are made of metal). All the 185cc and the 200cc head gaskets are the same, but I think it was the 185cc which costs more money. As another wise member has stated before, if the manual calls for a paper gasket, then put one in.
Tapper

I'm right with ya bud :beer