PDA

View Full Version : A "Honda" engagement.

3 on the Tree
02-28-2011, 03:15 AM
Hi everyone. I am very pleased to announce that I am getting engaged within the next few weeks. I finally took the big step of going out and buying my soon-to-be fiancee the ring she's always wanted.

I have a great original plan of how I am going to pop the big question.

I have spent the last two weeks getting the 1980 XL250s and the 1971 CT90 in my sig ready to go for the spring. Lots of hours tweaking, rebuilding, polishing, and cleaning went into both bikes. My girlfriend is in love with the CT. I am going to coax her into going out for a ride on them to a nearby forest preserve that has a beautiful man made lake right beyond the parking lot.

I plan on leading her to the back of the lot (me on the XL and her on the CT) and then, when we get off the bikes, give her the suprise of her life and kneal down in front of her and ask her to spend her life with me.

I plan on proposing to her on St. Patrick's day since she is almost 100% Irish. I just hope the weather cooperates with my plan.

Chazz of Blades
02-28-2011, 03:30 AM
I wish you luck buddy.

And if she says no, grab the key off the 90 and run!

Chazz of Blades
02-28-2011, 03:33 AM
Oh, and HELMET CAM!

tri again
02-28-2011, 07:55 AM
It would sure be nice to know what they like.

I've heard that if you build them a house with your bare hands, you get one point.
Flowers = 1 point

I bet if you like her that much, she'll love whatever you have planned.

Just don't put the ring in ice cream or champagne.

and

Congratulations

hoosierlogger
02-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Congrats you are getting ready to make the best mistake of your life. LOL

JayBone
02-28-2011, 08:43 AM
Good luck!!!! Make sure you take pictures, cause once you are married you will have to sell the toys you used to you propose.

Eric250R
02-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Run....now......fast and far!!!

Mr_RPM
02-28-2011, 02:10 PM
=( the tittle made me think I wasn't the only one thinking about taking my trike love to the next step.... guess im still the odd one out.

haha :lol:

coolpool
02-28-2011, 03:24 PM
There are really three rings involved in a marriage;

trailproThe engagement ring
trailproThe wedding ring
trailproThe suffering

Uh oh, three rings....three tires...might get banned?

Just kidding:rolleyes: Early congrats!:Bounce

Fungo Wizard
02-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Sounds cool man, just make sure in the wedding vows you mention not only loving and cherishing you, but get the bikes in on that as well.

matt86200x
02-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Sounds cool man, just make sure in the wedding vows you mention not only loving and cherishing you, but get the bikes in on that as well.

True Dat....!

3 on the Tree
03-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Lol, thanks guys for the warm wishes. I figured if I make the bikes part of the expierence, I will never be forced to sell them. She doesn't mind the 3-wheelers, it's just the two wheeled toys that bother her. Trust me If I lived in a rural area this stunt would be prefromed on the trikes instead of the bikes.

I have quite a plan in store, I'm going to have her "fake" arrested by a officer friend of mine for riding a "stolen" bike then propose to her as she is being put in the back of the squad!

Dirtcrasher
03-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Rings don't mean crap to us nor does the wedding. It's HER DAY!

Last girl I was with loved me so much (at that time) all she wanted was a fake ring...........

Stupid arse tradition.

:lol: best of luck to you, you may have a great girl; Only you know.........

Chazz of Blades
03-02-2011, 01:49 AM
I could have swore I make a trike marriage/exhaust joke earlier........

Thorpe
03-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Making her think she is being arrested, may very well go over like a turd in a punch bowl....