PDA

View Full Version : San Felipe 250...what would I need and can it be done

Backfire
03-05-2011, 02:59 AM
So here's my most recent brilliant idea:
I want to baja my three wheeler.
I'm thinking the 250 sounds like something good for me because even if the machine held out 500 or 1000 miles even, I know I wouldn't.
I don't need to be told I'm stupid, i know that much. :)
What's your take on this, and do they allow three wheelers into Baja events?

RapidRick
03-05-2011, 05:08 AM
Simply put.....No, If your talking about SCORE

Backfire
03-05-2011, 05:10 AM
Unfortunateley, I'm not sure what you're saying no to, so what is it exactly? and yes I was talking about SCORE.

dcreel
03-05-2011, 02:55 PM
SCORE has a ban on 3 wheelers. SCORE is the governing body over the San Felipe 250. Sal Fish must have ran over his foot on a 3 wheeler once.

Backfire
03-05-2011, 04:34 PM
is there no other way i can legitimately compete then? not even a non-SCORE type of thing?

RapidRick
03-05-2011, 04:47 PM
You might try CORE or CODY which is the Mexican offroad assoc. that sanctions similar races in Baja Norte. I think that's the correct group (s). PM Carmen Calfro he'd know for shure.

fabiodriven
03-05-2011, 05:23 PM
You're not going to do it. The huge amount of support, money, resources, you clearly have no scope on what it takes to run Baja. It's been discussed here before.

Backfire
03-05-2011, 05:33 PM
You're not going to do it. The huge amount of support, money, resources, you clearly have no scope on what it takes to run Baja. It's been discussed here before.

would you just leave me alone? you just have nothing helpful to add to this. I do know how much it takes to run baja, and i was checking with other people. If you do comment again, try not to be so negative.

RapidRick
03-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Backfire, if you make it down here I'll help you, I'll pit for you, I'll organize your support, and I'll even donate my time to help you pre-run and provide the chase vehicle for you. I've pre-run that area a dozen times or more and live just across the line.

There are privateers that do this race all the time. I've got a contact with a Mexican class 11 entry that might be able to help also.

D38 riders often do that race. If three wheelers aren't able to go, get a quad and do the race.

Don't be deterred, make that a goal for yourself, focus on your goal. Make a list of activities to help yourself reach your goal. You will always have naysayers. Don't listen to them

RapidRick
03-05-2011, 05:52 PM

Dude, its a lap race, and it's a short one at that. Ease up, it's not the 1000. I'll help him. It's not a big deal for me, it appears to be for him.

Backfire
03-05-2011, 05:59 PM
haha yeah it sur eis a big deal, always wanted to do this kind of thing :D

now just to see how to get down there.
Oh and thanks :D

fabiodriven
03-05-2011, 06:02 PM
I have nothing to add? Here's a thread for you to read- http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?107741-Anyone-wanna-race-the-Mexican-%28Baja%29-1000-desert-race-on-a-trike-Details-inside.&highlight=baja

Do you have thousands of dollars, a job where you can take a few weeks off, and a track to train on? Do you have time to train for hours and hours? Have you ever ridden a trike for hundreds of miles non stop? Have you ridden for 1300 miles straight? What kind of trike do you plan on running? That Yamaha in your profile pic?

I'm not being a dick, I'm just being realistic. You asked the question. Prove me wrong if you're going to do it.

fabiodriven
03-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Dude, its a lap race, and it's a short one at that. Ease up, it's not the 1000. I'll help him. It's not a big deal for me, it appears to be for him.

Oops... Why did I think this was about Baja? Sorry.

Backfire
03-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Fabio, I'd really rather have us on friendly terms.
I WAS planning on using that trike in my profile pic, is there something you see wrong with it?
I personally thought it would have been an excellent choice for the sand and silt, and whatever else I encounter out there.
Although it seems SCORE has banned them, I may need to use a quad or bike, but that's life.

Mr_RPM
03-05-2011, 06:12 PM
and even if it was a bigger race, not everyone goes in to win. most privateers know they cant compete. just going for the experience and just trying to finish would make it worth while for me.
I dont care if i Came in last, if i finished I would be happy.

RapidRick
03-05-2011, 06:15 PM
The San Felipe 250 is in Baja. I'm familiar with the race in that thread, I posted in it. It's not straight through. It's a rally type format for vintage machines run over several days. I've looked into it, infact just talked to an individual about running in two days ago at the imperial invasion.

Backfire
03-05-2011, 09:29 PM
well as i looked around, i couldnt find a date for the race. anyone know the official date and such?

dcreel
03-05-2011, 10:56 PM
http://www.score-international.com/

March 11-13.. You better hurry. :lol: