PDA

View Full Version : 1989 suzuki lt250s metal in oil pump cover.

ejam
03-05-2011, 10:27 PM
I dont know whats wrong with me not being able to post sometimes. I have to start a new thread? But here is a picture of the piece.

ejam
03-05-2011, 10:29 PM
I wonder if there is a problem with site. Because I have tried on both of my computers, and get the same thing.

ejam
03-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Pictures of quad. And my dog, you have to forgive him, he is a honda lover and is trying to crapp on the suzuki!

ktmbk
03-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Nice, and the plastics are in great shape, that alone is a big plus. Funny looking seat ornament though. I'm not so sure on where the metal is from, maybe a piece of case (is it grey aluminum?), either way if the engine is running good I would let things be for now.

RacerRichie
03-06-2011, 08:59 PM
does this piece respond to a magnet?

ejam
03-07-2011, 12:53 AM
The piece is aluminum, and it is the same color as the outside of engine. With out doing a teardown, I would have to make a guess that maybe the quad has had a chain break that caused the case to break. The piece feel into the bottom and drifted to lowest point in engine. The cover got replaced, and life went on.
If I was to just drain the oil, I would have never found it. I really dont see how it was able to fit through the small oil passage to get into the oil pump cover. I did check the oil filter and and there were no metal shaving at all. So I hope for the best.

Me and my sons, took our bikes and the quad out to Slades park Sat. We rode for about 5 hours. Well they rode, I would be riding the lt250s, find a good spot, then stop and watch my boys ride. Then I would go a couple laps taking it easy. So far, I have noticed that there is a very small oil leak in the area of the front sproket/chain gaurd.
At the end of the day when we were getting ready to load up, I had to let out some donuts! The quad is impressive on power!:Bounce

younganreckless
03-25-2011, 05:17 PM
It's a 230 rite?

ejam
03-26-2011, 12:47 AM
No, its a 1989 lt250s. Suzuki made this quad sport for 2 years only. 89, and 90.