PDA

View Full Version : My final ride.

hang&rattle
03-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Found some pictures today I wanted to post of my Northern Pike and came across these of my last bull ride a couple of years ago. The last picture is him in the middle of me. This crushed everything and turned my guts and pancreas into fettucini. The two major surgeries (actually died twice during) couldn't quite fix all needed to return to the arena, so this is the last of the last. Frickin' blast though, miss it terribly.

thestud25
03-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Dayuuuummmm!

dcreel
03-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Cheebus.. That's a big bull... I'm just glad you are still here to make me laugh..

Slingblade
03-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Wow! My respect for you, Mr. hang&rattle, just went way up. I'm pretty fearless when it comes to anything with handlebars or a steering wheel.

But the guys that straddle those 2k pound, snorting, snot slinging machines that won't to throw you, catch you with there horns, then stomp your life out, are INSANELY fearless.

I, too am glad you're still with us. You and your kids definitely make 3 w world a better place.

cattle-dog
03-08-2011, 09:21 PM
all i can say is you are the man!!!! i am also glad you are still here to post up the pics of your trike riding adventures with your kids.

Mr_RPM
03-08-2011, 09:28 PM
and they say trikes are dangerous..lol

dang, thats some insane stuff. sure am glad you made it threw.
I gotta say, you are a tuff guy, hard arse.

pretty sweet you got it on camera ehh?

Brockey
03-08-2011, 10:00 PM
You Sir, yes Sir after seeing that lived right on the edge. Wow, an out of control savage crushing Machine. Just aswell strap yourself to a missle or bomb. Glad you made it out of there alive. And thxs for sharing the pics.

rdlsz24
03-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Wow glad you are still here. Do you remember getting crushed or is it a blur? What was that beast's name?

Rob

Thorpe
03-10-2011, 09:20 PM
You my friend, may be insane! Very cool....

riverrat
03-10-2011, 09:32 PM
and they say trikes are dangerous..lol

That is such a good point.

My hat is off to you, I never understood why someone would ride one of those beasts, scares the crap out of me, and I have done some sick stuff in my life.

hang&rattle
03-10-2011, 10:13 PM
I don't remember half of the bulls, you just keep climbing on so many you tend to forget. And I've been stepped on alot of times, after you catch your breath it's not so bad, it's all a state of mind to funnel out pain. I didn't think anything was wrong. Later that night my sister who was at the rodeo said "I'm taking you to the hospital". I don't know how many times I've heard that and just argued and never went, somehow, she got me to go. I would have bleed to death internally in the next couple of hours if I wouldn't have, lol, stubborn sis, lol. Riverrat, you lose your sense of fear, sense of pain, and common sense, (lol) riding bulls. Why do folk think I ride trikes? Lots claim to 'ride hard', ride with me sometime. I ride on the edge as close as I can because what I do scares the chit out of me. The fear of trying to handle a trike, nearly out of control at high speeds thrills me, it scares me, it's good to feel fear again, gets my blood pumpin' after riding bulls numbed me for so many years. That's sounds kinda sick, but that type of adrenaline is a drug for me, lol.

RacerRichie
03-10-2011, 10:43 PM
wrong site haha

tri again
03-10-2011, 11:23 PM
I've often wonder about stuff like that.

Been slammed myself a few too many times and never sure if or when I can walk
day to day.
Hence, the obsession with trikes. I want to be surrounded by them.

Just found out my daughter graduated from bungee jumping to skydiving.
Also pretty sure she didn't get that from me.

Yupp, good thing for your sisters estute grasp of the non obvious.
and got you to the hospital.

We had a kid crash his bmx bike this summer, sat up, took his helmet off,
started to take his vest off and passed out.
Died within 2 hrs.

Lucky can bee good enough sometimes.

Thanks for the pix and reminders.

Jaketrimoto
03-10-2011, 11:26 PM
There is no way I would even think about riding a bull! My grandpa had one on the farm when I was a kid and he wanted to kill me just for walking past his pen. LOL Those things a some mean bastards

coolpool
03-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Holy c#%p H&R. And you want me to come to Montana for a ride? Next you'll want to strap me to a derailing freight train, lol. Thanks for sharing.

hang&rattle
03-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Lol, we'll just explore and trail ride Pete. Do a spread on some ghost towns, camp, eat. I'll behave. Friends we went riding with today are disabled. They lead and take there time. Lots of jumps, hills and even beaches to hit and then catch back up, but still stop on a cliff over looking the lake or to view an animal. It all works for me, just as long as I'm in that seat, lol.

Fungo Wizard
03-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Definately lowers the fear factor for trikes if you can strap on to one of those beasts! Awesome pics, well except the last one, glad you made it through.

tomyt175
03-11-2011, 10:03 PM
you bull riders are a breed all of your own lol