PDA

View Full Version : ebay

BIGKAHUNA
11-15-2002, 07:03 PM
I have NEVER won an auction on ebay....is there a secret to this? I was also wonderin........can a seller log in under a different user name and bid on his own merchandise to drive up the price? I have a friend that believes this is sometimes the case but it seems to me that ebay would have someway of keepin this from happening. WOW....infrontofyou's TRI-Z is up to $1925 with 30 minutes left..

250rmanfmf
11-16-2002, 12:17 AM
you kind of have to check for yourself, I have seen it done before, hit the bid history and if his user name is on the list then I would send him a friendly email :oops: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil:

NOS_350X
11-16-2002, 02:34 AM
most the time they have other people raise up the prices there is a groop of us that i live near and if there sellin suntin several of us will keep bumpin up the price till its at what they want

Ace Mon
11-17-2002, 12:39 AM
I use "The Sniper " tenique . Look at when it ends , down to the minute . The about ten minutes before the bidding closes see if the price is in your budget . Log in enter your password and go back to the item screen keep going back and fourth untill there is like 25 seconds left enter your bid and hope they arent logged on . Most of the time they wont have time to rebid . Gosh I'm such a cheeseball !

OldSchoolin86
11-17-2002, 10:14 AM
Alot of us use that technique. It's the best.

skippy
11-17-2002, 01:19 PM
or instead of wasting that much time.. type in the"most price" you want to pay.. and wait and see.. i have over 300 auctions completed.. and only win the stuff i feel its worth the dollar amount.. why overpay for somethg.. ebay is full of the same stuff,, it recycles at least once every 6 months..

Instinctz
11-17-2002, 06:43 PM
I dont think I could wait six months for something I am needing.. but if you just buy, and sale then I guess you could do that.

jeswinehart
11-17-2002, 10:13 PM
i too am in favor of the sniping method.
i just put on a new headlight assembly on my big-red 250 that i "sniped" for 22.50 ( not counting shipping)
watched this item for 2 days after crashing red down a hill at badlands + tee totaly trashing the headlight guard and all it surrounds.
and whats worse is i didn't even feel guilty about it,,, it is just the way things are done on e-bay.
my max bid was 65 dollars,,,, something i learned from Mr.atc (bill)
who i hope i never haft to bid against again cuz his limits are much higher then mine.

john