PDA

View Full Version : marine seismic

perrycyn
03-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Anyone on here work in the marine seismic industry? Thought maybe I could make some connections.

tri again
03-15-2011, 05:56 PM
In what sense?

I worked at the USGS in Menlo Park for a little while.

I can see if they're hiring.

perrycyn
03-15-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm looking to work in oil exploration. I worked for Lamont Doherty Earth Observatory for 4 yrs as a source mechanic, but this was a academic science vessel. I have applied at a few companies like Polarcus, CGG Veritas and Schlumberger but havent had any replies. Being Canadian it's tough getting a work visa for US companies or US registered ships. I did have my visa but it was a pain in the butt dealing with USCBP. I'm basically looking for anything offshore, rigs, seismic vessel. Plus just curious if there were any other people on TWW that worked in oil exploration industry.

coolpool
03-21-2011, 12:29 PM
There has to be some work in the Hibernia Off Shore Field. I did a search and came up with a few different options. You'll have to plug in your exact qualifications to narrow it down. Good luck.

darrel632
03-25-2011, 03:36 PM
I do seismic security / safety in Russia N Africa and a few other places Global Geophysical and Jacques Fugro which are both ex- Western Geo companies are your best bet if you have your stuff together I generally don't do water but get paid by both those companies for shallow water transition work in bad places (India, Mozambique, PNG, Angola etc.) work is around, be persistent and you'll get hired. don't expect going anywhere nice and the few times you make it Med, Caspian or Black sea you'll enjoy it. Stavanger Norway was a highlight for me for a few years cause there was a white population. don't do anything costal NW Africa (gabon Nigeria etc. your health isn't worth it.

Good luck, Darrel

perrycyn
03-26-2011, 03:59 AM
Ha ha I knew there were some doodlebuggers on here. I have applied at fugro and mcgregor geoscience and hopefully get a call. April is suppose to be the busy season. I'm a good gunner but getting your foot in the door is a biotch. I have been all over the world and I love it its all good baeys!!! I have been at sea for 60 days at a time I love it!!! Cheers

darrel632
04-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Try CGG and Global, are ok. good luck with Schlumberger unless your uncle, aunt, or dad works there. PGS is usually is looking as well. The chinese are always looking but you need to be pretty hungry to work for them I know more than a few good "rock" boys and PEI'ers slumming around N or east Africa doing whats fun.

Darrel