PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Playwicky Park - some riding pics....

Wickedfinger
10-12-2003, 09:08 PM
I went for a good long trek today at my regular riding area on my 250X and I decided to bring my camera along. The area is called Playwicky because it butts up to a state park by that name. The area lies between a Conrail highspeed line and the Neshaminy creek with an old de-railed rail line that runs right between the two. Although the area encompasses at least 10 miles, its only a mile wide at its widest point. The place consists of some typical PA riding, old and new growth forest trails, forest lined fallow fields, creek riding and hill climbs. Between the old rail line and the newer Conrail one, the riding consists of three different bowl areas with hillclimbs, an open area where everybody parks or meets up, and miles of trails in between. The lower area between the old rail line and the Neshaminy creek is mainly tight trails and creek riding. There is a trails course area someone set up years ago and if you cross the creek, you will hit some great wide open fields that were abandoned to farming. The whole area was used quite extensively in the 70's, 80's and up until about 1996 for harescrambles that were part of the local divisions and sponsored by Bromeley's Suzuki/Polaris. There hasnt been a race at Playwicky since then but most of the trails here are the result of the various race courses. Some of the other trails in the area include an old "sunk in" road that runs by the creek for a while and was first used by the Delaware indians, then by the first settlers of the area back in the early 1600's. There are quite a few old destroyed homesteads (really just foundations left) in the area that date back to early 1700's and one of them has an old root cellar we call the "potato cellar" that looks like the entrance to a mine shaft and you can go in and crawl around . These pictures are of the bottom of the second bowl, the hill climb at the first bowl and of the abandoned rail line.

Wickedfinger
10-12-2003, 09:14 PM
These are of the top of the 2nd bowl looking down, Suicide hill at the 2nd bowl (called suicide because the very top of it is the high speed rail line and if you over shoot the top, you end up right on the tracks), and looking back across the feeder creek and back up the 2nd bowl.

Wickedfinger
10-12-2003, 09:23 PM
These are of the x on the feeder creek bridge, the top of the 3rd bowl looking down and of the no ATV's sign at the park.

Wickedfinger
10-12-2003, 09:28 PM
These are of the tunnel that runs under the old rail line and into the park, some fellow riders heading into the area and of a guy on a blaster taking the 1st bowl hillclimb.

Wickedfinger
10-12-2003, 09:33 PM
These are of my x on the unused old rail bridge over the Neshaminy Creek, The X in the creek, and of two guys on an '87 R and a '02 Raptor racing.

Wickedfinger
10-12-2003, 09:38 PM
These are of a Warrior taking down the hillclimb, a sweet pic of a 250R launching off the top of the 1st bowl hillclimb, and of the same R and a Blaster in the 1st bowl.

Wickedfinger
10-12-2003, 09:44 PM
These are of the Raptor pulling a Warrior out of a mud bog, one very stuck Blaster, and of an open area.

Wickedfinger
10-12-2003, 10:03 PM
These last ones are of the potato cellar and of the x on an old homestead foundation called the fish out (its a good fishing spot)

Dynofox
10-12-2003, 11:48 PM
Awesome pics! Looks like a fun riding area. :-D

Bill X_R
10-12-2003, 11:55 PM
KILLER!!!...Is that out side your door? Or you gota transport your machine to get to it? Either way ...nice trails, not crowded, So when you wana get together and ride??? LOL .I go in PA all the time

AWSOME!!

ATC crazy
10-13-2003, 08:45 AM
Looks like an awesome place there. ;)

Jeb
10-13-2003, 10:20 AM
Great Pics Wicked!

deathman53
10-14-2003, 05:55 PM
looks awesome, pm me with directions of where to park. I'm asuming trikes are allowed, as you posted it on a trike site.

Wickedfinger
10-14-2003, 07:51 PM
.... its not a sactioned ride site so its "at you own risk". Its actually Conrail property but they consider it really no-mans land. Where do you live deathman53?

deathman53
10-16-2003, 06:18 PM
I live in enlgishtown NJ