PDA

View Full Version : Trying to fix this thing. 1982 Honda ATC 185s

Adam Seable
03-21-2011, 09:02 PM
Hello all. I could use some advice on fixing this trike. Just got it for 150 bucks. I have cleaned the carb and adjusted the chain. The bike will not start with the pull. It will start if I roll it down a hill and throw it in gear. This points me to the ignition coil. Not enough zip at low RPM pull rope to spark it. It also stays revved sometimes and won't come back to idle. Could this be part of the coil problem? I have also discovered a leak-- looks like it is coming from the decompression lever on the head. The oil drips onto the pipe and smokes. Is there a seal there that I can replace? See the picture. I originally wanted to fix this trike for the kids to use. After riding it though, I am thinking it might kill somebody-- it is very fast. I will probably sell it when I get it fixed up. I need a few things for it to make it complete. Does anyone out there have a parts bike? The lights are missing, needs front brake cable and hand lever. Needs left side lever and bar clamp. Could really use all new plastics for a full restore-- but I probably won't go that far. I have very little money for this project.

Please let me know your thoughts on these issues. Thanks.120297120298120297120298

coolpool
03-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Welcome to the board. First off this needs to be moved to "Trykesylvania". Secondly you need a manual which Monroe Mike can probably help you out with. Also try to use the search feature to see if your questions have been answered before. And no the trike won't "kill" somebody if it's ridden with respect and the machine fits the riders capabilities. That's totally up to you to decide. If it's meant for kids you might want to go with a 90 or 110? Just my opinion.