PDA

View Full Version : Scary comercial... all I can say is WOW....

Greiver430x
03-26-2011, 06:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYKAbRK_wKA

This sums it up we need to wake up...

cattle-dog
03-26-2011, 06:48 PM
there in lies the truth

tri again
03-26-2011, 06:55 PM
we're probably on some 'watch list' now to boot.

Thanks for posting that.

I needed some motivation to start packing.

cattle-dog
03-26-2011, 07:04 PM
doc we have been on a watch list for awhile i bet

tri again
03-26-2011, 07:13 PM
doc we have been on a watch list for awhile i bet

keywords are king.

That's why I was so nebulous about the sequelae beyond
welding after cleaning metal. Too many funky terms.

After that beef jerky obsession, I started drying everything I could find on the woodstove.

Onions came out Great! smelled great and got eaten as fast as the jerky
so in essence, those are not good food preservative methods for my
family.
House smells great and it ALL gets eaten right away.

Mr_RPM
03-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Very interesting.
I want some dried onions

tri again
03-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Very interesting.
I want some dried onions

Yeah, they came out like sweet dry onion rings and impossible not to 'taste test' until they were gone.
Perfect for trail mix with some teryaki jerky.

Thinking it's time to start drying/preserving anything we can get our hands on so we're trying everything.
I mean, woodstove's running all the time anyway.

When people start complaining about prices, I think, what's it going
to be like when we can't GET any?

Mr_RPM
03-27-2011, 04:06 PM
I agree, being able to produce and get things like the frontiersmen did when first settling but with a bunch of technology twists is a very good thing to be able to do.
I'm disappointed that The rest of my family disagrees. Once things get bad, we will be screwed. I dont feel like theres much I can do without the family thinking Im nuts.

I mean, being able to do things independently from society (like heating, and water, and preserving food, making electricity, and producing some type of fuel) wouldn't be a bad thing even IF things dont go bad, its not like buying thousands of dollars worth of supplies you will never need, being able to do those things for close to no money would be great even today and As things get worse the advantage will multiply.

I do love the video though, my Sociology teacher Senior year back in 2009 was big on china being the next world super power.
I just need food, water, shelter, protection, and trikes. =P ha.

Chazz of Blades
03-27-2011, 05:46 PM
I have about 5 pounds of beef drying right now, and regularly keep jerky made for my family and friends. I remember seeing that commercial on TV once or twice though, and it really is kinda scary how close to something like this we are.

Watch the trailer for the new game Homefront, it rings a bit true as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lmzhLqpxKU&feature=related

cattle-dog
03-27-2011, 06:20 PM
a woodstove,a water well, guns, a wind generator,guns,my horses and mule for work and travel,guns, non perishable food supply,guns, a supply of stored diesal and gasoline,and last but not least,guns
p.s. if the family doesnt want to prepare with you then i guess they dont eat when the time comes, rules of survival thankfully my girl and i are in this together,
and she is a federal employee with a hight security status so she gets warned if something is coming or gonna happen!!

Mr_RPM
03-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Guns I do have, I always buy a box or 2 of ammo everytime im at wal-mart. that I can get by them LOL.

Mr_RPM
03-27-2011, 06:31 PM
I have about 5 pounds of beef drying right now, and regularly keep jerky made for my family and friends. I remember seeing that commercial on TV once or twice though, and it really is kinda scary how close to something like this we are.

Watch the trailer for the new game Homefront, it rings a bit true as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lmzhLqpxKU&feature=related

looks like a sweet game! lol

Chazz of Blades
03-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Eh, it's quite lacking, the story was written by the same man who wrote Red Dawn, but it's pretty buggy so far.

hang&rattle
03-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Everyone knows what the reality is and what will happen. And we all have such intelligent opinions and ideas to what is going on. But what's done is done. Some genius with money feels the same way we do, but there is no stopping the floundering of this country even if you're rich. It's past being fixed, we are in decline that will only get much worse. This isn't hard for the people that see it, it's not all that shocking any more, but it is still scary, and it does hurt to see a once loved, most powerful country in the world slip into a 3rd world country. This is how Babylonia and Rome fell, Germany and the Mongols. The time when the power of gov't out weighs the needs, rights, or care of the people, is a certain recipe for destruction of a nation.

cattle-dog
03-27-2011, 09:05 PM
^^^^^^^ well said hang well said^^^^^^

Lil Earl
03-27-2011, 09:21 PM
i know the truth and i hate the truth, idiots screwed us over

Mr_RPM
03-28-2011, 04:30 PM
I saw the commercial on CNN today

portland250r
04-04-2011, 01:28 AM
i hope that didnt give china a idea!

JayBone
04-05-2011, 08:07 AM
I remember seeing that on tv. It's hard to say what will happen to the US, but this commercial reminds me of this quote:

If you owe the bank $100 that's your problem. If you owe the bank $100 million, that's the bank's problem. - JP Getty

I think it's China's problem..

portland250r
04-06-2011, 01:46 AM
those who dont pay attention to history are doomed to repeat it.

JayBone
04-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Todays News:

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/112616/imf-bombshell-age-america-end-marketwatch#mwpphu-container

250x
04-26-2011, 03:27 PM
well then George, I suppose its coming time I hire you with that tractor to turn the race track into a field again so I can plant it and start harvesting, canning, and freezing produce and vegetables.

hang&rattle
04-26-2011, 03:28 PM
^I too have been watching everything, & watching everything unfold. But my Pastor Mamma told me to start watching in 1999. I have article and booklets from 20 years ago, and they already estimated (predicted if you will) what is happening now. I even told my Pastors in a study 'mark my words' and explained things and all it did was piss em' off, now it has already happened. It is no longer a guessing game. And we all know what is, is going to, & will happen. It is now more shocking people are denying it and think 'we'll pull out of it, it'll be o.k.', lol. What's even more futile is the gov't's manipulation of the press etc., thinking the citizens are too stupid to know or research the truth, lol. I'll tell ya, those scumbags already have a pit in hell dug for them, rightfully so.