PDA

View Full Version : 86 tri-z near me, little babbling.....

ATCeeya
03-28-2011, 12:24 AM
so the day before this was posted i search "searchtempest" which is a big CL search engine incase you didnt know ..i searched for tri-z's.sorta got the bug for one again. found some 86's but all kinda far away. all the local NY guys im sure had seen the Tri-z that was listed for about a year on craigslist that finally went down to 1600 bucks in springville. the guy wanted close to 3 grand when he first listed it, told me 2600 firm when i first called on it. then slowwwwllly dropped his price little by little til it went to 1600 almost year later. anyways, my point is that bike was very nice from what i could tell from the pics. (never did go look at it) but talking with the owner he couldnt say enough about it. new parts, mint condition resto, tons of money invested etc... but now this guy selling the one im posting had this listed months ago for..if memory serves me right...1200? Anyways he tells me he is firm on price back then and that its going to BOB WEAVERS the next day if nobody bought it today. (they sell brand new ATV, Watercraft, Sleds, Dirtbikes, streetbikes etc..) that the owner wants it for his showroom...uh huh...so next day the bike is no longer listed forsale on CL, I text the guy and he told me its sold. And now, months later, same guy, same trike, now with new Piston and rings with a higher price tag is again forsale.

I want an 86 but feel its maybe too pricey for what it is? looks like a good fixer upper worth maybe a grand? what do you guys think? sorry for the yadda yadda yadda

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/rvs/2287381625.html

leviblue
03-28-2011, 12:30 AM
offer 1400 i think thats fair .... i just saw one in dela. for 2500 so 14 or 1500 for a stocker isn't too bad.....you never know the price til you see it in person..could be a POS or ??

ATCeeya
03-28-2011, 12:42 AM
i had him text me a pic back then and i emailed it to myself so i could see it better but it wont pull up from the email now. i should have bought that last one for 1600..looked money compared to this one. but you snooze you lose

puggerton03
03-28-2011, 05:40 PM
It looks nice but I wouldnt pay more than 11 0r 1200 for it. I got mine last spring for 1150 and it was as good or better than that from what I see from the pics. Yeah that one in Springville was real nice. You sure the guy finally sold it? He also had an 06 Suzuki Quadracer 450 that I asked him about and said he'd let it go for I think 2200? That looked real nice too. I wish I would have jumped on the 450.

ATCeeya
03-28-2011, 06:32 PM
yea i saved his number and called him about a month ago. he said it was sold. i just figured he was never guna sell it (considering he listed it for a year) and it would be there when i wanted it. he told me he had only sold it a week prior to me calling on it again. that was a bummer. he had alot of stuff forsale. some tri-cart thing, a suzuki atc, a manco atc...seems like he was unloading alot of toys and they were all in nice condition.

im guna call the guy up on this tri-z and see what the deal is

ATCeeya
03-28-2011, 06:49 PM
he is just as bad as he was last time i talked with him. I ask him if hell take a grand, just ya know..gettin the ball rollin'...he says, "No did you read the no low ballers" So i said well whats the bottom line, he said " 1650 dont need to sell it, ill sit on it..not for the timid (okkk???)...so i said, your firm at 1650, not willing to negotiate at all? he said no i really dont want to sell it so if it doesnt go i will keep it. thanks for looking bye bye

I also told him I could do better than a grand so when hes tired of sitting on it and ifs he willing to work on price he can get in touch with me.

if im spending 1650 and then having to dump $$ into , cause you KNOW it needs atleast a couple hundo into it..they always do..i may as well buy something nicer.

cattle-dog
03-28-2011, 07:03 PM
weaver is allways buying vintage sleds,bikes and trikes i tallk to him pretty often as its a good way to come across old wheelers or sleds i will have to give a call to see if he bought the tri-z.

ATCeeya
03-28-2011, 10:39 PM
nah he didnt because the guy told me that months ago when he had it forsale. said that i had til thursday or it was going to weavers. now its forsale again by the same dude. i didnt know weaver bought that stuff, does he sell them once he buys them or no?

cattle-dog
03-28-2011, 11:41 PM
no he has a little private museum and displays some up at his motorsports store, he has been after me to sell him my 72 thunderjet sno-jet snowmobile for years it a factory drag/ice racer only around 50 were built whith around 5 left and three of them are rumors, one in canada and mine

ATCeeya
03-29-2011, 12:31 AM
oh wow, learn somethin new everyday. sounds like ya got one hell of a sled on your hands. must be nice to be bob weaver too lol

NINJA
03-29-2011, 02:09 AM
The seller sounds like a flake to me. He told you he doesn't need to sell it, yet he keeps putting it up for sale. Then, he's dishonest about it being sold to Weaver's. If he's dishonest about whether it has been sold or not, then most likely he is going to be dishonest about what is done to it and the condition it's in. It looks pretty rough to me in those pics. Not to mention I think the guy is a pervert, my first clue is this statement; "THIS IS A RARE CHANCE TO GET A RED ROCKET".

code200k
03-29-2011, 10:29 AM
i would give him 1600 for it if he took them trailpros off!

MagicJames
03-29-2011, 12:20 PM
LOL didnt even notice that. I'd say $1000 tops with the trailpros

younganreckless
03-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Haha I must be pervasive but I laughed when it said rare chance at getting a red rocket

younganreckless
03-29-2011, 11:33 PM
*perv not pervasive