PDA

View Full Version : 85' 250R bid up over 4k?

Bretmd94
03-29-2011, 03:31 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985-HONDA-ATC250R-250R-STOCK-AND-ORIGINAL-LOOK-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cf60d2730QQitemZ33054 5571632QQptZATVs#ht_731wt_907

That's a lot of dough for OEM.

bkm
03-29-2011, 03:50 PM
They're only original once. It would be really cool if the description is true and it has never been wrenched on.

Midnite_rider
03-29-2011, 04:25 PM
I think I got a chubby. The bad thing about it would be that I wouldn't want to ride it.

ATCeeya
03-29-2011, 04:32 PM
i like to see when trikes like this bring a good buck. makes it even more worth buying them and finding ones in nice shape. minty OEM trikes should bring in the chedder! theres plenty of beaters in need of resto around for less. but not many like this. consider a new atv and how much they cost. and how they plummet in value. and how not rare they are. now you have a 25 year old mint atc thats discontued and as it came off the assembly line. it should be worth alot IMO. one day when i have the bread i will buy top notch atcs and put them on display in my rec room. but until then, ill ride my "beaters" lol

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
03-29-2011, 06:04 PM
It's worth it, you could tell me you just bought the thing new and brought it home and put it in your garage for storage and I'd belive it. that things spotless:drool:

whyzee
03-29-2011, 06:23 PM
to me it looks like it has been repainted everywhere. A really nice restore though. I am inclined to believe the majority of the bids are shill and the bike will sell for no more than $3000.
As far as telling it has been a restore, there is too much wear on the shifter lever for starters, does not match up to frame wear. Sprocket wear is heavy etc...regardless...a beauty!

honda200x1987
03-29-2011, 07:39 PM
IMO that is the going price for a near mint ATC250R . They are the most popular and this one is in very good shape and original factory parts which is why the price is higher than one with aftermarket parts. OEM brings BIG $. I have a 1987 ATC200X that is very near mint and mint being brand new with allllllllll of the paper work one owner. IF I ever were to sell it , my bottom price would be 5 G'S and I would have to think hard about that but that's me. You have to remember these bikes are worth more in a collector's eyes than your average joe.

Brockey
03-29-2011, 07:58 PM
to me it looks like it has been repainted everywhere. A really nice restore though. I am inclined to believe the majority of the bids are shill and the bike will sell for no more than $3000.
As far as telling it has been a restore, there is too much wear on the shifter lever for starters, does not match up to frame wear. Sprocket wear is heavy etc...regardless...a beauty!

I have to agree with you. Maybe just the pics but the muffler looked freshened up to me. The shifter wear popped right out to me. I am partly color blind so I could be wrong but I believe it is touched up or restored. Very nice machine non the less.

leviblue
03-29-2011, 08:11 PM
my stock 85 R which I pushed off the showroom floor in 85 had the gray/silver motor and a shinny chrome grabbar....

honda200x1987
03-29-2011, 10:21 PM
The more I look at it I have to agree the exhaust does appear to have been touched up with spray paint and there is rust on the exhaust. The dunlop tires look a little worn, fork boots need replaced,it may take a grand to replace these parts.
I have to agree with you. Maybe just the pics but the muffler looked freshened up to me. The shifter wear popped right out to me. I am partly color blind so I could be wrong but I believe it is touched up or restored. Very nice machine non the less.