PDA

View Full Version : I need gun advice..beretta shotgun

perrycyn
03-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Hey guys, I got a gun that I am thinking of selling. It is a very nice over/under Pietro Beretta Gardone V.T. Brescia BL-1 12ga. 2-3/4" - 28" F/M. Thats what it says on it anyway. I have no idea on its value. All I know is my grandfather bought it for my dad in the 60's. Anybody here know what I could get for such a gun? Is it worth anything?

Chazz of Blades
03-30-2011, 03:56 PM
If it's what I think it is they can run anywhere from $350 to nearly $700 depending on condition. Does it look like this?

I sold a couple of these in my days working at a Pawn Shop in Rogersville, the highest I sold one for was $625 and it was in really, really, really nice shape.

Chazz of Blades
03-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Pietro Beretta Gardone V.T. Brescia is just the company, BL-1 is the model, and of course 12 is the gauging, 2-23/4 relates to the ammo and choke size, and it's a 28" barrel.

They are really good shotguns, very nicely designed, and can be hard to come by sometimes. I'd keep it if I were you, especially being a generation gun.

All prices are USD of course, don't know about canadian. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I could.

perrycyn
03-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Yes it looks exactly like that one. So not worth a whole lot then. I may as well keep it. I was hoping it was worth a lot. I have no use for it. This one has hardly been used and is in very nice shape.

Thorpe
03-30-2011, 05:08 PM
Sounds like Chazz has some really good input there... If its not worth alot, and comes from family, I would keep it... (IMHO) Every gun I have, I have bought with the intentions of never selling them. Maybe I am weird in that thinking...

300rman
03-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Sounds like Chazz has some really good input there... If its not worth alot, and comes from family, I would keep it... (IMHO) Every gun I have, I have bought with the intentions of never selling them. Maybe I am weird in that thinking...

I dont plan on selling any of mine either. Especially the ones owned by great grandparents that have been given to me.

hang&rattle
03-30-2011, 05:27 PM
"You'll shoot your eye out, kid."

Thorpe
03-30-2011, 05:36 PM
"You'll shoot your eye out, kid."

Nah... Its a Beretta, not a Red Ryder!

leviblue
03-30-2011, 05:54 PM
I have a buddy that uses one for a trap/turkey gun. he seems to like it..... check out Cableas price guide if your really interseted on the price. I'd keep it if it was passed down through the family, anything that was my grandfathers is like gold to me even if it's a plain jane model

Jerm1179
03-30-2011, 05:59 PM
i couldnt bring myself to sell my dads or grandpas guns....thats blasphemy IMO

Chazz of Blades
03-30-2011, 08:49 PM
I have a very early 50s model Fox B side-by-side that belonged to my great grandad, never selling. I still have the first gun I ever shot, an old 6 shooter, that also belonged to him. His .243 as well. All of these will be passed down to my children one of these days.

beets442
04-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Here is another benifit of having an old gun is most likely it isn't registered. They can't take it from you if they know you don't have it....Priceless

Mr_RPM
04-03-2011, 11:58 PM
guns are something that you can have your whole life and get attached to sentimentally. Like an old truck or trike.
You may not have a use for it but maybe try using it one day by just shooting some targets or clays.
can start out as a fun small hobby and turn into a life style.

being the gun has been in the family already gives it some history, add some more history and keep passing it down.

thats what I plan on doing. bought a new gun and it already has some history to it. good and bad memories, it can be the loyal tool that never quits.