PDA

View Full Version : Can you help identify these old wheels?

OldSchoolin86
11-16-2002, 09:40 AM
I'm getting some parts together for my 77 F250 and I have to get these wheels. I need 16" 8-lugs but I don't even know if they were made in that size. I think they are a Ford style but I can't find any info on them. I'm always looking on eaby and haven't had any luck finding them untill recently but the ones the guy was selling were 10" wide and I need something in the 8-9" range. Any info you guys can give would be great. Who made them? Where can I find them? Did they have a name?

Thanks in advance
O.S. ;)

Billy Golightly
11-16-2002, 11:55 AM
OohhhhI like those. If you happen to run across a spare set let me know :)

G-MAN-1
11-16-2002, 01:19 PM
well i will tell u one thing u can use chevy 8 lugs and dodge 8 lugs. they are all universal. try it and u will notice...........i didnt believe it till i try it...

mike from long island
11-16-2002, 03:16 PM
i dont know who makes them or they correct name. but they are aluminum slots. i have a set on my 1994 ford f-250. i have 8 lugs with 16x8 inch rims 33x16.5 inch tires on them but one thing i do know for a fact is the 16 inch rim i have is stamped with 16x8 and 16 inch tires do not fit. i had to use 16.5 tires. never had a problem yet. one other thing to know is that i think Fords axle hubs are wider then chevy and dodge. so if you find the slots on a chevy or dodge they might not work on your ford. not to brag or anything but between myself and my brother we have 5 complete sets of aluminum slots. they are kind of hard to get because they dont make them anymore.so when we find a set or even one we get our hands on it. the best thing about the rims is to clean them i use an aluminum bright cleaner. makes them look new every time. i had had a set clear coated once but all the clear came off. if you want email me and i will try and help you out more. ill ask my brother what he remembers about them. get the rims if you can. they look great on all trucks,cars,jeeps, and everything. good luck

OldSchoolin86
11-16-2002, 03:54 PM
Thanks Mike. I'm pretty sure that the Dodge hubs are the same size it's chevy that's small. Everything fits a Chevy but not the other way around. You also have to watch out for the new metric 8 lugs. They don't fit the old 8 X 6.5 pattern. I know all the new fords run them.