PDA

View Full Version : May 14th - Kentucky Motocross -Its a GO! - Earlywine Maysville, KY

TimSr
03-31-2011, 07:37 AM
There was some interest posted in a thread a while back about some people in KY interested in MX racing. Earlywine has now scheduled a summer series. If you would like to participate, I will need input on selecting date or dates at : http://otc.myfastforum.org/sutra8076.php#8076

TimSr
04-28-2011, 10:33 AM
They will let you run in Quad D class, or if there are enough, they will split you into a trike class. More info, details, discussion http://otc.myfastforum.org/Earlywine_Racing_Maysville_KY_Summer_Series_about7 93.html Let Jeff57 know you are coming!

I gave the promoter jeff57's name as the liaison or contact person.

jeff57
04-29-2011, 12:08 AM
looks like a fun track and a friendly environment, close to WV and IN to. there is three of us so far going to be there for sure. check out there website, http://www.earlywineracing.com

rray62
04-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Yep, I'm there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric250R
05-02-2011, 11:04 AM
How have I missed this thread ?? If I had seen it a few weeks ago I would have planned to make it. Just can't pull it off now. Good luck guys, I"ll be there next time!!!

jeff57
05-05-2011, 05:05 PM
hey got a little over a week till the race, anyone else interested?

TimSr
05-12-2011, 09:03 PM
At least you guys dont have to worry about this event getting rained out since your under a roof! We have to check track conditions to make sure our race at Big Game doesnt get cancelled.

http://www.earlywineracing.com/track_10.11a_op_800x600.jpg

jeff57
05-12-2011, 10:33 PM
yea lol im glad we aint got to worry about that, hopefully you all dont get rained out.

TimSr
05-16-2011, 07:39 AM
Congratulations Jeff, RRay and Crew out at Earlywine! Weather is not a factor in indoor racing! I think you've got the seed planted in Kentucky.
Thanks for posting your videos! http://otc.myfastforum.org/about817.html

Bryan Raffa
05-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Great vids and awesome Facility!! great job gettin in that place!!!!!!!!!!

rray62
05-16-2011, 03:19 PM
The place is awesome!!!!!!! They have the best atmosphere of any track that I've been to. The owner and track runners treated us like we've been coming there for 15 years. I went up to them after the race and thanked them for allowing us to come up and experience such a great place. They told me that we (the 3-wheelers) are always welcome and they will make a class and spot for us anytime!!!!! What wonderful people. Even in the rider's meeting, they mentioned about adding the ATC class and encouraged everyone to watch. The track conditions were perfect, very well kept and groomed.

Tri-Z 250
05-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Would you guys consider 1or2 dates between Nov-Jan....I'd love to come show some support during the slow months. Maybe early Nov or December depending on EarlyWines schedual. Kudos on the 1st race! place looks great.:cool:

TimSr
05-16-2011, 07:27 PM
The place is awesome!!!!!!! They have the best atmosphere of any track that I've been to. The owner and track runners treated us like we've been coming there for 15 years. I went up to them after the race and thanked them for allowing us to come up and experience such a great place. They told me that we (the 3-wheelers) are always welcome and they will make a class and spot for us anytime!!!!! What wonderful people. Even in the rider's meeting, they mentioned about adding the ATC class and encouraged everyone to watch. The track conditions were perfect, very well kept and groomed.

What you experienced there, believe it or not, is pretty typical when you go in with an attitude of the privilege it is, and then that small gesture of a simple "thanks for letting us ride" like you guys did. That simple thanks means a lot to them, because usually they only get feedback when its complaints. Sounds like you guys really made a great impression on them. You probably also learned that quad racers, and bike racers treat you with respect and are your biggest supportors when you show them the same. Reading you guys describing your experience is very moving for me. You'll also feel almost and obligation to go back and support them for their treatment of you.

Jeff says you're looking at heading back out June 11th?

rray62
05-16-2011, 09:14 PM
I'm going to have to check my schedule, the month of June is booked up, between my wife going out of town on 2 weekends and Trikefest. But I definitely would love to go back. The guy that was running the show(his name slips my mind right now), everytime he would walk past me he would pat me on the shoulder or give me a "thumbs up". When we got there, I helped him get that 200x running so that boy could ride with us. He thanked me on several occasions for doing that. But I wanted to make sure before we left to thank him and the owner for letting us come. Everyone here knows how hard it is to take our trikes places. I always try to leave a good impression wherever I go. You're right about respect. If we show respect and gratitude, word will get out, and the fear of these "evil" machines can be beaten.

TimSr
05-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Everyone here knows how hard it is to take our trikes places. I always try to leave a good impression wherever I go. You're right about respect. If we show respect and gratitude, word will get out, and the fear of these "evil" machines can be beaten.

Wow! You have no idea how good it feels for me to know that you guys REALLY DO GET IT! If you can hang onto that attitude, I have full confidence that area tracks will start contacting YOU to come and race with THEM after they begin to hear about your performances at Earlywine. The challenge is that the longer you are established, and the more people that come in later to an already functioning organization, the harder is is to keep that passion of gratitude to promoters that welcome you, and the attitude that its a privilege to be able to race there, and the appreciation of "how hard it is to take your trikes" places foremost in everyone's thoughts. You're off to a fantastic start. I think between you and Jeff, you will be very successful!:)