PDA

View Full Version : Help Blaster 200

SonicTronics
03-31-2011, 06:46 PM
Alright guys I was offered a 2002 Blaster 200 with some boyesen reeds, fmf pipe, extended swinger, new tires, and some other stuff for something I have been trying to get rid of. Personally, I am not a 2 stroke kinda guy, but since this is the only real offer to arise I am considering it. Just have a few questions. First, I am 5' 7" and about 220 or so, will this thing be too damn small for me? Also, how weak (or strong) are these things. I currently ride a 350x which I am quite sure will still be faster but I have been looking for a quad. Are there any decent motor swaps out there for these? O and no worries guys the 350x is staying here, too much fun to get rid of. I know nothing of the 2 stroke world, other than my buddies 250r can beat me in a drag race.

Mr_RPM
03-31-2011, 07:29 PM
i once saw a modded blaster beat a bone stock 350x.
there are plenty fast or "big" for you.

the 350 was worn out too.

SonicTronics
03-31-2011, 07:51 PM
So you are saying that it is slow? Sorry if it seems like a dumb question you half seem like you are kidding.

Mr_RPM
03-31-2011, 11:43 PM
no, im saying they are quick for being a little quad.
I worded my reply a bit weird ha.

Im saying it will actually keep up with your 350x if its stock, a well running blaster with a pipe and stuff will surprise you because it looks so small.
take it for a test ride first, its a love/hate thing.

Xpress
03-31-2011, 11:47 PM
Fun little toys. As stock, tey kinda suck in 6th gear, but with some good aftermarket goodies, they are quite the power houses- can lug my 6'1" 220lb person up gordons well no problem. I say get it. 2 strokes are MUCH easier to work on than thumpers ;)

leviblue
04-01-2011, 12:10 AM
at 6'2 i feel it's alittle small for me but i do keep one around. to me it feels like a pit bike, peppy,easy to toss around and do tricks on(heel clickers are easy on this little ride) easy and cheap to get parts/parts bike for( theres gotta be 5 or 6 a day on CL for under $500) an all around fun little ride that you can work the balls off. the only problem is you allways wanna get more out of it.

Chazz of Blades
04-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Blasters are cheap, cheaply made, and stock not that great. They are quick on the accel, but don't have enough top end.

Little bit of modding on the other hand, and they are fun little quads to play on. Clutches in them went fast though, I've had a couple and most all had aftermarket, or worn down stock clutches.