PDA

View Full Version : Sad Ebay Buy

atcmatt
10-16-2003, 04:57 AM
I won this bid on ebay about a month and a bit back. It was for a bowhunting book. I did not pay the guy for 2 weeks due to being busy. I paid him and did not receive my book for 3 weeks. I emailed him and he said he is sorry, he could not send it because he wasnt at home (his grandmother died and he was spendign time with his family there). I chatetd to him for an hour or so about bowhunting and got to know him a bit. He said he would send it the following week, I did not recieve the book. I emailed him last night asking were it was. I got a reply from his sister this morning saying he had died in a car crash two days ago.................

This is sad I reken...............but i cant help wonder if its a scam.........what do you think???

Matt

Howdy
10-16-2003, 07:33 AM
Sounds fishy to me. Where was / is he from? Someone here may be close by and could verify the story. ;)
Howdy

krizo88
10-16-2003, 10:59 AM
sounds like a full load of B.S.

Wickedfinger
10-16-2003, 06:54 PM
scam

twgranger
10-16-2003, 07:41 PM
tell her to send it.

KASEY
10-17-2003, 10:38 AM
JUST GO TO HIS HOME TOWN NEWS PAPER ONLINE ,,,SEE IF HE IS LISTED AS DEAD LOL!!!!!

atcmatt
10-18-2003, 08:00 AM
Well,

Maybe it aint a scam.........his sister emailed back tonight and said she found a hunting book with a post it note attatched to it with my name on it! Its on its way. Poor Fella.

slowmo
10-21-2003, 06:44 PM
Either way, it's a sad story...but it's good to hear it's not b.s.
Funny how we always assume that it's a scam ( I thought so too until last post) kind of a sad comment on the internet, ain't it?