PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Tire balancer beads in their trikes?

xxllmm4
04-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Anyone ever try the Tire balance beads in their ATC's? I have been using these tire balance beads in my 4x4 rigs for years now and have been really happy with them. I do all my own tires and its a cheap simple one time shot and never have to re-balance them.

http://callieskustoms.com/CalliesKustoms-Balancing%20Beads.html

I have a couple pounds of them in my garage left over from an old set of Gumbo Mudders and was thinking why not put a few ounces in the 200x tires and see how she runs. So has anyone around here ever used them on ATV sized tires?

xxllmm4
04-06-2011, 12:39 AM
I got around to putting the beads in the tires today and they made a huge difference. We have a couple stretches of smooth gravel free dirt road by my in-laws house to test on. Before the front end hopped around pretty bad when you got up to about 35. After adding the balancing beads to the tires it rides WAY smoother, they don't feel perfect but I figure the cheap Fox A/T tires are not perfectly round to begin with.

I have also herd there are some liquid tire balances around that work off the same principal. I wonder if the liquid would be more or less effective?

tri again
04-06-2011, 01:03 AM
I can appreciate what you are doing, altho I rarely go faster than I can run.

So what do they do?
I should have googled them.

Do they self balance as the tires spin?

xxllmm4
04-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Yes, the beads spread around the tire and balance it out. The cool thing is they re balance every time the tire is stopped and started so it keeps it in balance the life of the tire. I have had truck tires that needed to be rebalanced 3 times in their 50K life and it gets annoying.