PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with some people?

200XMichigan
04-08-2011, 10:37 AM
So I picked up a pair of YF60's for my son about a year back, two of them. One complete and one in pieces. Thought it would be a cool project for me and my son. Then I picked up a dirt bike for him instead of the quad because I don't like quads and I've never rode one, so I don't even know what four wheels feels like myself.

So his YF60 projects went up for sale on craiglist. Two for $350, or the complete one for $250 and the pile O' parts for $150. Not a bad deal. Both rear fenders were good and the one front was in very good shape. With a little work people could have some real nice toys. I told the guy it should need a new piston and rings because it would fire but had no compression. I said I hadn't messed with it other than that. This is a 25 year old 2 stroke 4 wheeler. He called a few hours later all upset because he ordered a piston and ordered the wrong size, the cylinder needed to be bored. And his mechanic told him it would be $800 to rebuild. Sounds like robbery to me. I offered to give him his money back in return for the 4 wheelers. He didn't want that, he wanted to keep them but just wanted some money back. For someone that could turn wrenches themselves they could have easily had a very nice quad for cheap. When someone say it needs a piston and rings I would wait until I had the engine apart to determine what size piston and rings. Just makes me upset someone want to complain so much about what I feel like was still a good deal. The parts quad alone was worth more than $350 in parts. I offered him his money back. It's not my fault he ordered a piston and rings before knowing what size he needed.

atctim
04-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Don't feel too bad about it - the world is full of jerks and crooks - what kind of moron would order a piston prior to engine tear down anyway - sounds like a life lesson for him if you ask me!

90guy
04-08-2011, 10:48 AM
WOW....... that is horrible. Iv'e had that happen trailprotrailpro also. Sold a Jag fan cooled and the guy took it and the day he happen to be riding it he blew it up gave us a call asking for his money back. The day he rode it was over 50 degerees. I had just given it a rebuild that year and prob had 100 miles on the motor with not a problem. Just some people

200XMichigan
04-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Thanks guys. Was kind of bugging me. I really don't know who buys a 2 bikes one in pieces and one that I told him has sat for a year and needs a piston and rings and thinks they are going to take a 26 year old machine to a shop and get 2 running bikes for cheap, then orders a piston on the way home. Someone that knew wrenches could have had it up and running for $200 including all new bearing in the lower end if they felt like it and then had a stock pile of every possible part that could ever break, or sell the parts on E-Bay and make all their money back. Both lower ends were good, both top ends needed a rebuild. He told me he'll never do business with me again, I'm glad.

thestud25
04-08-2011, 11:05 AM
You have to ignore the cracklist people! I almost cannot force myself to list on there anymore. People beat you down on your price and then offer you less than they originally offered when they get there. It seems that in this economy/day and age, people try to get everything for nothing and will screw you over to make a buck. Sad times we live in.

hang&rattle
04-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Just be careful. You are not in the wrong here, and is dangerous to try to drop your I.Q. to his dangerously low level. It used to be that a guy like this would be put out on an iceberg, or used as lion bate, but now laws are written to let people like this live, which brings the average I.Q. of humankind dangerously low to an un-survivable level. You were very cordial 200XMichigan, he would have not gotten that kinda response from me, especially between the laughing and new swear words I'd have made up to insult him and inform him of his intelligence and placement in this world, lol.

200XMichigan
04-08-2011, 12:52 PM
It was a bummer, would have much rather sold them for less to someone who would have appreciated them, or at least not called back twice to complain. I told him to sell the rear fenders from the spare one on E-bay and that would bring in around $100. He tried to tell me brand new fenders with decals sell for $100. Does he think I am retarded and hadn't looked at E-bay, brand new front fenders for the thing are $450, rears with no decals are over $350. Oh well, just gotta let it go. Next time I guess I will screen out the retards. Do you know what a torque wrench is? Do you know how to use one? Can you read? Can you read a service manual? Can you spell project? Do you know what it means? Up until now, besides stupid questions and time wasters, I have had good luck on CL. Guess that's that, I think from now on I really will ask people if they know how to read a service manual.

Xpress
04-08-2011, 01:44 PM
I feel your pain, I've sold a couple of items to people before through CL, and then I get emails the next day telling me they want their money back because "It doesn't work." even though I thoroughly explained to them that the item does not. Actually, a Honda Z50 I sold years ago I had this problem with. Told the guy that it runs rough, may need an engine rebuild and that I don't know anything else beyond that. Called my dad up the next day saying that it doesn't run right and that he wants his money back. My dad told him that all sales are final and he hung up.

You just have to say no. If he wants to come back and whine to you about his mistake, then tell him that it's his problem now. I always state that all sales are final, and refunds will not be issued when selling projects like that.

rdlsz24
04-08-2011, 02:06 PM
You're not a new car dealership, old toys are sold as is, with no warranty!

Rob

200XMichigan
04-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Funny thing is I was fine even giving him his money back, figured I could sell it to someone else. He wanted some of his money back and to keep it. And complain, just doesn't work like that. I don't think he had ever bought a project before after talking to him once he brought it home. Oh well, I looked at my add again and it even stated the other one was for parts, somehow he got the idea that he would be able to get two running for cheap by taking them to a repair shop. Would have loved to see the look on their face when he brought in a pile of parts, "How much to get her up and running?"

Xfile
04-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Or maybe everything worked out just fine for him and he was just trying to scam you....if the machines were so horrible and would cost him so much to fix, you would think the guy would have jumped at the chance when you offered his money back. I'm calling BS on his story.

200XMichigan
04-08-2011, 10:08 PM
I was starting to think the same thing. The guy wasn't old at all and said how he is going on disability. But had no problem lifting the rear axle assembly from the parts bike. I just crashed the other day and there was no way I could lift it being somewhat busted up (I could have but it would have hurt like hell). Then he went on at first was really unclear about how he bought all these parts and now he couldn't use them. Well it was a stock size piston, he said he paid $200 for the piston and gaskets, which is insane because I priced the parts when I was going to fix it. Finally I was like, "So you're upset because you ordered the wrong sized piston." That was the end of that.

Chazz of Blades
04-09-2011, 12:37 AM
I second the whole he ripped you off thing.

200XMichigan
04-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Well he probably just tried. I didn't give him any money back. I wasn't going to give him some money and let him keep it. The YF60 were worth what he paid.

honda200xatc
04-09-2011, 08:59 AM
200XMICHIGAN,

Dont know what part of michigan you live but I am probably somewhat close by. I live in manistee. Just wanted to let you know to keep all those kinds of people in your town. lol I have plenty of them around here where i live. Everyone wants something for nothing and will complain no matter how nice it is or how good of a description you wrote before selling. I bought a 350x once from a guy off craigslist and once I got there I was so excited to be buying one that I let my judgement slip and I bought the thing in numerous boxes and coffee cans. I have since then, put it all back together at the cost of almost 2.5 times what I could have bought a nice one for. I was mad at first at the guy for selling me this piece of junk but I sat down and realized that it was my fault for not going through and inspecting the machine before I bought it. I never called the guy back demanding money or anything. Just a lesson learned. People like that, that call up and demand money back after they came out and seen the bike are just ignorant. I wouldn't have been nice at all and wouldn't have even offer to refund money. Maybe next time that guy will go through it a little more or bring his mechanic.

swampthang
04-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Craigslist brings out the idiots I swear! I had a guy show up at my house drunk one time and nearly blew up my 250sx but at least he bought it and I never heard from him again. Then I had a guy drive over 2 hours one way and he knew my price was set and the first thing he said to me was "give me $10 for gas!" then tried to haggle me down on price so he went home empty handed. Also had alot of various tards that claimed to be atv mechanics tell me all about whats wrong with my trike, yet making huge mistakes on simple 3wheeler knowledge like what year and size it is sorry folks but its not a 83 250es with high/ low range/reverse and chain drive! If you ever sell to these kind of people you have to explain to them that they can always bring the trike back but they won't be getting there money back because of there stupidity.