PDA

View Full Version : New from NC

CMartin
04-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Hey guys, just picked up first trike today. 1986 atc350x for $400... needs a little work but has a ton of potential.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/CorbinM/1986atc350x.jpg

dksix
04-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Is the rear fenders as good as they look? The frame looks like it has fresh paint too. Did someone start a restore and lose interest ? What's the gold swinger and red frame in the left corner of the picture for? It looks like some 250R parts there too. I'm a bit familiar with your area. My brother used to live in Pink Hill just outside Kingston and we vacationed on Topsail for several years.

MonroeMike
04-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Congrats on the first trike and welcome.

CMartin
04-10-2011, 12:00 AM
The rear fenders were as nice as the pictures portray them to be. They're painted, I scraped some off and they're all cracked up and brittle underneath. But what did I expect out of a 25 year old bike... I'll replace them with maier fenders eventually, good enough for now. I'm honestly not sure what the story behind it is, but I didn't really care either... It was a great deal for the condition it's in so I jumped on it and brought it home. The frame and swinger are to my buddies 85 atc250r, its pretty f'd up, needs a lot of work. We go riding up past Kinston a little ways at Busco Beach in Goldsboro. Really nice place to ride, I'm sure there's a few of the members on here that have been there at one point or another. You should check it out, makes an awesome weekend camping trip.

leeper89
04-10-2011, 10:52 AM
The rear fenders were as nice as the pictures portray them to be. They're painted, I scraped some off and they're all cracked up and brittle underneath. But what did I expect out of a 25 year old bike... I'll replace them with maier fenders eventually, good enough for now. I'm honestly not sure what the story behind it is, but I didn't really care either... It was a great deal for the condition it's in so I jumped on it and brought it home. The frame and swinger are to my buddies 85 atc250r, its pretty f'd up, needs a lot of work. We go riding up past Kinston a little ways at Busco Beach in Goldsboro. Really nice place to ride, I'm sure there's a few of the members on here that have been there at one point or another. You should check it out, makes an awesome weekend camping trip.

heck yea it is and you never know what your going to see up there! iv seen all kinds of crazy stuff like home made bikes and then u have your usual drunk redneck riding around on a monster of a utility trying to show off and ends up sinking there bike in the lake but it is a great time