PDA

View Full Version : oh man i am so p!$$ed

yooperman
04-12-2011, 01:41 PM
was working on VA loan paper work with a banker last night, he did a credit check on us he asked me if i new i had a debt in collections i was like ahh no i dont what are you talking about. he is like yeah there is one from milwaukee WI address and all. said i dont think so buddy something is wrong there we never had AT&T when we lived in MI. so i told him let me do some searching on it get this figured out.

So this AM the wife called AT&T they gave the info to her the address and phone number, and the account number said i lived there, account number dont match non of ours. i called the phone number this morning, she told me the town she lives at which is a aways away from milwaukee and that phone number is from cellcom.

the wife did more digging the date it started was May 2010 can you guess where i was at that time, you got it IRAQ and ended service aug 2010. man if i was still living in MI i would take a road trip to that address and pay a visit if it wasnt them i would burn the whole town down, as for the innecent collateral damage. i am so pi$$ed off right now so i spent my morning with the fuzz getting it taking care of. sorry thats my venting.

Macs
04-12-2011, 02:53 PM
it was probably a mistake by at&t. Believe it or not, this happens often and it is a pain to get it straightened. Usaully you can prove without a doubt it isnt you to the lender and they will over look it. at&t cannot remove it from your credit report, all they can do is stop reporting it. You will have to dispute this with the three different credit bureus and it will be removed.

My identity has been stolen three times and i am in a dispute currently with the IRS over someone using my social and having income. What i do now is "freeze" my credit report. This makes it were nobody can pull it, so noone can use my info for financing ( they need a credit report to get a loan). Then if i want to finance something, i just unfreeze it. It has worked really well so far.

yooperman
04-12-2011, 03:00 PM
how do you go about doing that freeze? would i be able to keep that freeze on at all times and when ever i want a loan for something or need a credit check unfreeze it, then when done freeze it back up? because that sound like a really good idea.

JayBone
04-12-2011, 03:23 PM
I had my identity stolen also through my CC company sign in section. Go figure. What i had to do was get my credit report also work with the security group with my credit card company. Once i received my report from the 3 companies i had to look it over and correct any incorrect info. Someone is the mid-west was on my report. It happens alot being in the military too, so don't feel bad. After i made the corrections you can lock your credit report (only lasts 90 days) and people need to contact you if you make a purchase....Well for the most part it's suppose to work that way. I made several big purchases and no one contacted me. You can also use Life LOC or a company like that. It runs you $100 + bucks a year.

All i can say is you need to be very diligent with CC's and set your balances. No more than 2 cards with maybe a limit of 3K each. Always Always Always if you travel call your CC company before you go. Let them know. Bring the phone # with you if they lock your account. Also if you travel outside the US let them know and find out what the rate is for using your card outside the US. It's NOT always the same.

Bank accounts you can protect yourself by having 2 or 3 accounts. 1 for big bills & direct deposits, mortgage, car, etc. The other 1 for smaller savings, but DON'T write checks from this account, and the other for daily living. Checks are ok here.

Hope that helps.

yooperman
04-12-2011, 03:29 PM
it does actually i think i am going to do that also i will run these things by my wife she is the brains of this operation called a marriage lol. my crap is going to be locked down like fort knox now. i really appreciat the help fella's hope i can help ya's out some time back.

hang&rattle
04-12-2011, 03:40 PM
AT&T sucks. They took over my cellular company. Within 2 weeks of there take over, over $300 in charges showed up on my cell I've had for 10 years. Couldn't find anyone intellegent to talk to. I had no contract so I could cancel at any time, now I have over $600 in charges, and no one knows what's goin' on. You're frustration is dually felt.

briano
04-12-2011, 09:15 PM
About three years ago I had Dish Net calling me about owing them money and I had Charter cable. The calls went on almost everyday for two months, they kept telling me that I had an unpaid bill with them. I finally got them to give me the supposed account # and the other persons name on the bill. I looked up this person on the old computer and somehow she had the same phone number except for one digit was off on the area code. I called Dish Net up and told them what I had found and they said it was my phone number on the account and it was my bill. I tried to call the woman up and tell her there is a mistake on the account she had with Dish Net and she got pissed and hung up the phone. I waited a few days and called Dish Net up with the account number and phone number and told them that I was the womans husband and we were moving and wanted to shut us off, they were very helpful and were able to shut off the dish in a few short hours. lol I had no more calls from them.

JayBone
04-13-2011, 08:18 AM
Briano

That is awesome!!! ha ha