PDA

View Full Version : The "CLASSIC" CL Post. When you see the word " Project"

JayBone
04-14-2011, 08:07 AM
Here is the box-O-parts you get when you see "project". I thought this was funny.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/2324138830.html

rdlsz24
04-14-2011, 10:44 AM
But he left out the "it ran when parked" part haha.

Rob

jb2wheels
04-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Needs carb adjustment

dksix
04-14-2011, 06:04 PM
Should have been "split the cases and little parts went everywhere, I think I found most of the pieces and they are in there". Yep, I bought them in the box before, lol.

HuffieVA
04-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Guess you guys are lightweights... looks like a good project to me, all depends on how bad you want an 81 RM125, some VMX guy will snatch that up and bring it back to life... if it was a Husky or a Maico I'd be all over it

dksix
04-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Guess you guys are lightweights... looks like a good project to me, all depends on how bad you want an 81 RM125, some VMX guy will snatch that up and bring it back to life... if it was a Husky or a Maico I'd be all over it

I don't think that bike would qualify for vintage racing. Been trying to find a KX for vintage racing. Hoping to find a 74 KX450 in that good of shape and that price but not having any luck. Been doing some work for a guy that restores old euro MX'ers and he's gotten me to wanting to give it a try. He's just finished up a Bultaco and I've got an Ossa trials bike here to do next. There is a pretty good deal on an Elsinore 250 local but I'm holding out for a KX. Do you race your 78 YZ ?

HuffieVA
04-14-2011, 08:57 PM
I don't think that bike would qualify for vintage racing. Been trying to find a KX for vintage racing. Hoping to find a 74 KX450 in that good of shape and that price but not having any luck. Been doing some work for a guy that restores old euro MX'ers and he's gotten me to wanting to give it a try. He's just finished up a Bultaco and I've got an Ossa trials bike here to do next. There is a pretty good deal on an Elsinore 250 local but I'm holding out for a KX. Do you race your 78 YZ ?

I restored my 78 to race (its at about 90-95%) I thought it would be nice to race vintage with my son, but they quit doing the modern support classes (mini / supermini) and they have a 16 and up age requirement for vintage here so its going to sit untill he is old enough to run vintage as well (2 more years) in the meantime we are going to run the Virginia Cross Country Series...

I'm pretty sure the 81 RM can run in the post vintage which goes (roughly) up to the start of front disc brakes (regional rules very a lot though)