PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions!

YooperJosh
04-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Hello everyone i just signed up and im glad to find a site i can relate to. i have a 1985 200x numbers are ligit and its all original except for the rear plastics, there new oem. The muffler is bad at the very end. so im wondering what pipe i should go with? other than that im gonna fix a few things like the tires, replacing valve seals, and wheel spacers will be in on tuesday. so i appreciate the input and thanks. ill have pics up tonight.

shortline10
04-16-2011, 04:20 PM
DG is is your best bet for new but if you want a good used pipe look for a bassani on ebay or here for sale .

AutoXer
04-16-2011, 05:56 PM
kerkers sound great ... there was a wright up that some one posted from a old dirt wheels on pipes try the search

YooperJosh
04-16-2011, 09:34 PM
thanks alot ill get to it. couldnt get pics tonight cause of all the snow but i will soon.

Dirtcrasher
04-17-2011, 12:37 AM
DG is is your best bet for new but if you want a good used pipe look for a bassani on ebay or here for sale .

Mike, is that just because thats only whats available new at this point? (I'm an old school fan as well as you.....)

I found DG to be nearly as obnoxiously loud as a Cobra on numerous applications.........

You get gains as it flows much better than stock, but it's loud!

shortline10
04-17-2011, 08:52 AM
I think the cobras are louder IMO and sound like crap but neither DG or cobra would be my choice , just letting him know if he wanted new the DG is a better choice IMO . Lots of good used pipes out their and pretty much any of the old school pipes are better than what made new today:lol:

Mike, is that just because thats only whats available new at this point? (I'm an old school fan as well as you.....)

I found DG to be nearly as obnoxiously loud as a Cobra on numerous applications.........

You get gains as it flows much better than stock, but it's loud!

YooperJosh
04-17-2011, 09:49 AM
thanks guys i think your right. im trying to hunt down an old supertrapp but good luck is all im getting. i like the old skool pipes too but if i cant get one used ill go with the crhomed out dg. i guess i have to go with what i can get im taking pics today of it in the snow.