PDA

View Full Version : Any cancer survivors here?

gsw902
04-18-2011, 05:22 PM
I found out on 3/25/11 that I have stage 4 colon cancer with a 15% chance of living 5 years. I had surgury on 3/30 that removed half of my colon. The cancer has spread to my lymphnodes and I have a spot on 1 lung, I have an appointment on Friday to see when my chemo will start. I am 40 years old and never imagined that I had cancer. I am wondering if anyone on here has beat this or is going through it now.

Thorpe
04-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Thats terrible! My deepest condolences for you, and that news. My father was diagnosed (about 8-9 years ago) with colon cancer and went onto a super strict veggie juice, and holosistic diet, with great results. And a bit of accupuncture... Never did any chemo. Has now been cancer free for 6+ years...

fabiodriven
04-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Thats terrible! My deepest condolences for you, and that news. My father was diagnosed (about 8-9 years ago) with colon cancer and went onto a super strict veggie juice, and holosistic diet, with great results. And a bit of accupuncture... Never did any chemo. Has now been cancer free for 6+ years...

I am a firm believer in this as well. I hear the results are pretty impressive. If I were you I would look into this before you start chemo (which kills you).

Do yourself a favor and watch this movie. They have it on Netflix if you have that- http://www.foodmatters.tv/

Xpress
04-18-2011, 06:16 PM
I believe HondaHarry is amidst his cancer treatment right now, right?

gsw902
04-18-2011, 06:26 PM
I watched my father go through chemo for lung cancer 14 years ago it made him sick as hell, but he is 81 years old now and still going strong. They tell me that the chemo I will take is not as strong, but I am scared of it still. My wife has been researching like crazy and she says I need to take IV vitiaman C treatments. I dont know what to do, I want to be around as long as I can but quality of life matters alot.

fabiodriven
04-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Dude, watch the movie I posted.

hoosierlogger
04-18-2011, 06:54 PM
My thoughts are with you. I lost my cousin to the exact same situation you described. Except he had Leukemia when he was 4. They got it in remission, and it came back as colon cancer. took half of his guts out and told him he was good to go. Wasnt 6 months later they found it had spread to his entire body. Lost him 1 week before his 27th birthday. He was a triker like us. He had a 185 and a 200x when he was in High school. I think about him every day. I am not a religious man, but Ill be thinking of you and your family

gsw902
04-18-2011, 07:02 PM
watching the food matters movie now. My wife has me taking a bunch of vitamins and drinking some super food stuff that taste like grass.

kasuki
04-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Hi my father has been battling lung cancer for 7 years now.he received Chemo an radiation a couple times over the years.he has had some of the strongest stuff out there .in are mind It's got a lot to do with attitude my father says he goes about every day just like he always did .eats what he wants works on his 39 Ford coupe .just keep moving live life .remember you can live with cancer. It's not a death sentence your young your strength will help you.keep fighting an believe bud keep us posted .oh my dad was 45 an was stage 3b lung cancer.

kasuki
04-18-2011, 07:47 PM
He also receives treatment at roswell park in buffalo ny.

gsw902
04-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Thanks for telling me to watch the movie fabiodriven, It says alot of the same things that my wife has been telling me already. I think she found a doctor in Raleigh that will do the IV vitiamin C. I have been planning on taking it with the chemo, now I am not sure if I want to take chemo. they told me that I will have to take chemo once a week for six months. I have a 5 year old son and I really don't want him to see me go through being sick for six months. Thanks to everyone that has posted I need all of the support I can get.

250r_doverdemon
04-18-2011, 08:14 PM
well my mom past away a couple yrs back from breast cancer, i was 13 at the time and im only 15 now.. she was on some super harsh chemo then got it removed and it came back 3 yrs later and was fighting it on chemo then got liver cancer and then a brain tumor.. so ive been dealing with this my whole life.. you have my sympathy because its the worse deal out there and i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy..

gsw902
04-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Thank you, and I am very sorry that you lost your mom

fabiodriven
04-18-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm glad you watched it. I've been eating better since I watched that movie but I still need to quit smoking.

If I were in your shoes I wouldn't even think of chemo. The friggin chemo is what kills you!

Please make you own decision though, I'm just saying what I would do. This is your life we're discussing here and I am in no way an expert in any of that crap. I just thought they made A TON of sense in that movie with too many good points to ignore it.

It's up to you. Good luck! You have to admit, that movie gives you a lot of hope and that's exactly what you need right now.

fabiodriven
04-18-2011, 09:36 PM
By the way, I personally think EVERYBODY should watch this movie. You won't believe some of the things you'll learn!

leviblue
04-18-2011, 10:08 PM
I've been through it. Colon and lower intestines. Did the chemo 3 times and brother you'll wish at times you were dead. Been lasered, cyberknife, and scoped out more times than I want to remember. I found out in 99 after a trip to Japan.I was 30 at the time. I was sick and bleeding and thought it was the Asian flu or ???. I got checked out and went for chemo 2 mths later. I refused alot of the drugs, pain, during chemo and lost alot of weight 180 lbs to 135lbs. Wanted to eat but could never hold it down and spent the time throwing up and choking. I started using maryjane and the food went down easier and did not come back up. My hair oh my beautiful long blond hair was gone. Your cold and then your so F-in hot it feels like match heads burning your whole body. And your ALLWAYS TIRED. No energy what so ever. The smallest task feels like your last. And that was the 1st round the 2nd time my insurance company dropped me, I didn't dot an i or cross a t but I was dropped. Have been paying out of my pocket sence. I'm not gonna fight with anyone but I'm around and I know what has worked for me so far. Listen to your Dr and get a few opions. Alot of universities that have medical programs are great and up to date on new treatments. I owe the U of Penn my life .Treated aggressively you can beat most and hopefully all of it. But like rust it'll come back but you gotta be on top of it. I remember when they told me 5 years... I said what the F__K lets roll the dice what do I have to loose. It might of slowed me down for a while but I'm back and I'm feeling good and most importantly I'm still riding..
I'm here for ya brother....................... Levi

250r_doverdemon
04-18-2011, 10:36 PM
Thank you, and I am very sorry that you lost your mom

thanks, my mom was also into all the healthy eating ordeal, she went to see this all natural herbal guy hes actually got some really good stuff nd she believed he gave her 4 more yrs..

three_wheelin45
04-18-2011, 10:46 PM
I've been through it. Colon and lower intestines. Did the chemo 3 times and brother you'll wish at times you were dead. Been lasered, cyberknife, and scoped out more times than I want to remember. I found out in 99 after a trip to Japan.I was 30 at the time. I was sick and bleeding and thought it was the Asian flu or ???. I got checked out and went for chemo 2 mths later. I refused alot of the drugs, pain, during chemo and lost alot of weight 180 lbs to 135lbs. Wanted to eat but could never hold it down and spent the time throwing up and choking. I started using maryjane and the food went down easier and did not come back up. My hair oh my beautiful long blond hair was gone. Your cold and then your so F-in hot it feels like match heads burning your whole body. And your ALLWAYS TIRED. No energy what so ever. The smallest task feels like your last. And that was the 1st round the 2nd time my insurance company dropped me, I didn't dot an i or cross a t but I was dropped. Have been paying out of my pocket sence. I'm not gonna fight with anyone but I'm around and I know what has worked for me so far. Listen to your Dr and get a few opions. Alot of universities that have medical programs are great and up to date on new treatments. I owe the U of Penn my life .Treated aggressively you can beat most and hopefully all of it. But like rust it'll come back but you gotta be on top of it. I remember when they told me 5 years... I said what the F__K lets roll the dice what do I have to loose. It might of slowed me down for a while but I'm back and I'm feeling good and most importantly I'm still riding..
I'm here for ya brother....................... Levi

All about them herbs man!! I try to tell every one they are good for ya! But seriously, My great grandma had breast cancer and my uncle had colin cancer. They both made it out alive. I wish you the best luck man and you will be with my prayers!! Be strong and you will pull through.

gsw902
04-19-2011, 09:29 AM
I have been going to UNC in Chapel Hill. I dont have insurance either, I had been laid off 1 year to the day when I found out I have cancer. I am meeting the medical oncologist on friday to find out my treatment options. I didnt really feel bad just some bleeding, I never had a pain where my tumor was and it had already grown through my colon and into my gallblader. I am glad to hear that you are still going strong 12 years later. Did you have to take chemo for 6 months at a time? they are telling me that I will have it once a week or once every 2 weeks for 6 months. Thanks for responding to me and I may have more questions for you as I fight this,
Greg

Jerm1179
04-19-2011, 09:42 AM
our thoughts are with you...keep your head up

rdlsz24
04-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Sorry to hear man, I hope you beat it. I know people that have beat it and some that haven't. I think it has a lot to do with attitude. My grandma found out after going to the doctor for back pain that she had pancreatic cancer and she basically gave up. Was gone within 6 months of finding out

Rob

Dirtcrasher
04-19-2011, 12:29 PM
40, my age. And many members older than that or whether they know it or not, quickly approaching it......

I'm barely getting things in order at this age due to various reasons but I'm not ready to go yet.

So very sorry to read this, I hope you continue with your own research. I watched a show about a girl with cancer with a very small percentage chance of surviving. She drank all kinds of juices/supplements, did yoga, ate herbs and her cancer was in remission at the end of the show.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you know something was wrong? You make me want to go to my doctor.........

I wish you well and hope you can beat this! Find some forums with others going through the same or survivors and see what worked for them.

Stay in touch!!

gsw902
04-19-2011, 02:56 PM
DC, I was having stomach pain in october 2010, I thought that I had a bleeding ulser because I was passing some blood through my bowels.This was only noticable for a few days. I also had the worst smelling gas in the world, smelled like a dead animal. I put off going to the Dr. until Jan 2011. The dr. I went to sent me to UNC hospital to have the scope put in to my stomach, this was around the 1st of febuary, the scope showed some red spots that they said could have been an ulser that had healed. They then recomended that I have a colonoscopy and scheduled it for the next week. I cancled the apointment because I was not having pain and I didnt think I was loosing blood any more. Some where near the end of march my heart started beating really fast, my pulse was 191 we I got to the ER, the dr. there told me that I should have passed out, he couldnt believe that I walked in there, any way they checked my blood count in the ER and it was down to 8.7 normal is 14. So the next day I called an scheduled the colonoscopy. I still cant believe that I have cancer, I havent felt that bad just alittle tired. They dont even recomend that you have a colonoscopy until your 50, but my surgen said from the stage I am in I have probably had it for 4 to 5 years before they found it. I have been looking for some forums for cancer pateints and survivors but havent really found one yet. I am doing everything I can not to get too depressed. The thing that bothers me most is that I had to drop out of school 5 weeks before graduation. I was in my 3rd semester of motorcycle mechanics.

hoosierlogger
04-19-2011, 04:26 PM
I have been looking for some forums for cancer pateints and survivors but havent really found one yet.

Hopefully you will be able to start one.

viking
04-19-2011, 04:35 PM
YOur not dead YET Live it up dude
lots of people go into remission dont worry
Like above eat healthy be happy and ride~!

leviblue
04-20-2011, 03:38 AM
Once a week for 6 mths and 4 of them I was in the hospital the 1st time. The Insurance company made the decision to end what treatments I was receiving. Insurance is great when you break a bone or have the flu but get really sick and you have a guy sitting at a desk with no medical background making decisions to save them a buck. I could get all the oxy's, morphine, and perks I wanted but hell if they wanted to treat me. Everything was considered experimental even proven treatments were shot down. They wanted to keep me doped up and feeling "good" as not to complain. I NEVER TOOK THEM. Don't like how they make me feel. We had a chance at insurance now but with the Ryan plan forget about it.....it's all about the profit and your cost will never even out and your pay more. It's been cheaper for me to go it alone and I get way better care and the right care. If someone wants to btch about my statement I'll take you to C.H.O.P., Uof Penn., DuPont Hospt and many others and you can tell a parent or patient your theory.
When I 1st noticed something was wrong was in 98. I was getting sick easier and when I got looked at the Dr said I had Mono, which I did but there was more. For a year I didn't have a good stool and the blood was starting. At 30 who do you talk to about it?? My buddy's are the guys who would say " Dude you gotta stay out of them kind of bars" and such. My ex/girlfriend at the time though it was stress and ulcers. I had alot on my plate at the time and was on the road 7 mths out of the year. I just lost weight and kept getting colds for the next year. After Japan I just had enough and went in telling the dr's I wasn't leaving till I had an answer. 6 hrs later after a MRI I knew. I didn't freak out or ask why me. I just took it and kept saying to myself "karate guys cry on the inside". For me it wasn't the hard I had been taking my dog, the one in my pic, to C.H.O.P. to see the kids. My girls family were puppy raisers for Guide Dog Foundation and took their "rejects" to show the kids. So I felt lucky cuz I knew how hard it could really be. I have had a GREAT LIFE so far. With all of it's ups and downs I've seen, done , and been more places in this little world than most. So if it came down to it I'd die happy but fighting.
I don't believe in "voodoo medicine". Herbs and teas are great but I'm not staking my whole treatment on it. In the end you still end out at the hospital and more than likely in worse shape. If there was a miracle cure I would of sold everything I own for it. If a witch doctor comes in my room he better have a bone through his nose and a plate in his lip for me to take it seriously.... same goes for any herbs that Chinese man cuz he better be bringing me my takeout. I don't buy in any of that junk. I've seen too many go that way and even pray it out of them just to show up to the ER at the last minute to be told sorry we can't do anything. But to each their own I say.
Support groups are a touchy subject. Find one that fits you. Some are a why me and sobbing fest when others are positive and active. I think with me it was the kids and my dog. The kids really makes you look at yourself. Their attitudes are way better than adults and they understand what might/will happen to them. It just kicks you in the ass and then you'll say "Hey I've had a good life and I'll keep fighting if they can do it."
Now a days I just live to have fun. I don't have kids so no worries there. I own a few businesses and other things. I hang out with my dogs all day and get paid to to take'em on golf courses to chase geese. I travel as much as I can and just not to see the big ball of yarn. If I wanna do something I do it.
I still get pulps and they bleed but you gotta be on top of it. A little cyberknife and away I go. It will never end but I'm happy....strange huh?
If you lived up this way I'd get a few clubs together for a fun run/ trail ride. 20 bucks a head for a good cause. Might only be a few hundred $$ but it'll help in more ways than you know now. Who knows maybe we'll get a big ride in the Pines for ya this summer and send you some cheer down to ya.
I'll be glad to talk to you anytime possibly come down and see ya if you want. I know what your going through and will be going through.
Shoot me a PM brother if you need rap........................ Levi

gsw902
04-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Levi, You are a stong man and I hope my fight goes as well as yours. I am trying my best to stay positive, and reading what you have been through and seeing that you still have a positive attitude helps alot. I would love to get together and ride this summer if I am up to it, but I am on 4 wheels now, I sold my 200s and was planning on finishing my auto x this spring, but when they cut a 10 inch hole in your stomach it kinda slows you down a little.

HondaHarry
04-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Ill have to tell my story when I have time, been so busy lately its crazy. As far as forums go I found these ones helpful, and they have a chatroom for survivors and caregivers. Im a member there, I used to go there alot, but usually got shy and didnt say much in the chatroom. But everyone there is really nice and helpful.

http://csn.cancer.org/

The forums are good too, I suggest starting your own thread since everyones story and how they deal with it is different.

http://csn.cancer.org/forum/128

Ill be thinking of you, and watching this thread.
Stay strong and positve! Fight the good fight! Its worth it! HH

gsw902
04-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the links to the forums, and I would like to hear your story when you have time.

atc007
04-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Good luck w everything guys,if there is anything I can do,sincerely,let me know. Best advice I've heard,KEEP LIVING!! Yes,you will prolly feel like shi% sometimes. But LOVE those kids ,and the outdoors,like there is no tomorrow,there may not be for ANY of us! I lost a very good friend to pancreatic and stomach last year. The chemo NEVER bothered him! ALL the nurses are like,what is wrong with you?! You're supposed to be sick!! He was a HARDCORE outdoorsman,when he wasn't at the hospital,he was in the woods,no exxageration,literally,went to the house to sleep at night. My Uncle beat what you have 20 years ago,,a smoker,asked for it,beat it,and lives a great life now. Doesn't smoke for some odd reason! I don't know what stage though. He's in his 70's now. Good luck,it sounds like you ,and especially your wife have a real good handle on a game plan.

gsw902
04-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Yeah, My wife has a masters in English and teaches at the local college so she love to do research. She has been reading everything she can find about cancer treatment since the day I found out. I have had a good day today took a walk with my 5 year old son and watched him play outside for a while. He can always make me smile. I am planning on spending as much time as I can with my family and staying as active as I can. I cant wait until I can work on my projects again, I cant lift anything over 10lbs for 3 more weeks. I have a quadsport that I just got all of the parts for and I am ready to work on it. I am going stir crazy in the house

Grizzlypeg
04-20-2011, 11:32 PM
You are a lucky guy to have a supportive wife who loves to do research. My wife is 2 1/2 years out of diagnosis of stage 3 breast cancer that spread to her lymph nodes. She did 6 months of chemo, rads and now on hormonal therapy and a clinical trial. Read lots, ask your oncologist for reasons why they do what they do, what the benefits are and the draw backs. Think about complementary therapies, as opposed to alternative therapies. Ie, don't skip conventional treatment unless it really doesn't make sense. I know that for breast cancer there are things that may improve survival that do no harm, like improving your immune system with medicinal mushrooms, using melatonin, spices like curcumin that reduce inflammation and metastasis, modified citrus pectin that fights metastasis, baby aspirin to fight inflammation that allows metastatis, maitake D extract, vitamin D, tocotrienols, green tea extract. Make sure nothing negatively interacts with conventioal treatment. Consider a consulation with a Naturopathic Doctor, but be smart and skeptical and ask for proof and studies. Pray. Best wishes to anyone out there with Cancer. If someone has beaten it, why not you?

Grizzlypeg
04-21-2011, 09:26 AM
One more thing I wanted to add, look into clinical trials. Ask you oncologist, also look online. Phase 3 trials are the final stage of testing, where safety and dosage has already been established to a degree and they are looking for results. This gives you access to cutting edge medicine, and also potentially superior attention to detail in your treatment and follow up.

Slingblade
04-21-2011, 05:39 PM
^Grizzlypeg has given some great advice. My wife was diagnosed with stage 1 ovarian cancer Dec. of 09 at age 38. She had surgery followed by 6 months of chemo. She did great through the whole process, she was rarely sick, if at all. Chemotherapy has really advanced in the last few years, as well as the meds they give to counteract the effects.

Like some have stated, we were skeptical and scared of chemotherapy. But like Grizzlypeg, we educated ourselves. I would read on the net for hours and take notes. Then discuss with the oncologist the options and consequences. We went through a really tough year, but her hair has grown back and she has been declared cancer free.

You have a diagnosis, not a sentence. Cancer can and has been beaten at every stage. Fight the good fight, and keep the faith, don't let the diagnosis conquer your spirit before the battle has begun. Best wishes.

gsw902
04-21-2011, 06:08 PM
I go to the oncologist tommarow morning. I have a bunch of questions for him already and I know my wife has a list. I just want to say thanks again to everyone for keeping my spirits up.

atc007
04-22-2011, 05:50 PM
So,How'd it go? Hopefully well.

gsw902
04-22-2011, 10:47 PM
It didnt go as well as I hoped. I have to go back on tuesday to have a biopsy on the spot on my lung. The oncologist was very closed minded to anything me or my wife sugested, we ask about IV vitamin C and he said no way he wouldnt give to me and would not treat me if I got it any where else. He was against me taking my vitamins, herbs, or probiotics while taking chemo. After my surgury my blood count was 6.5 (normal is around 14) they wanted to do a blood transfusion but I told them only wanted it as a last resort, my blood was last checked 19 days ago, since then I have ben taking vitamins and drinking this super food the Dr. was very suprized to see my blood count is up to 9.8 today. But yet I should stop all of that for him to treat me. I got a copy of all of my medical records and I am going to get a 2nd oppion next week. Oh yeah, He also told me that I have 9 to 12 months without treatment, and 2 years with treatment.

Escanabajosh
04-24-2011, 08:07 AM
sorry to hear about the cancer gsw902, keep up the fight and keep in good spirits and you will pull thru.

Anyone that has or know of someone who has cancer please send them this web site http://www.phoenixtears.ca/

also watch this video, it's a hour but VERY VERY well worth the hour, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psJhQHk_GI

here is a shorter 15 min. version of the film above^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tghUh4ubbg

They are using this stuff in russia on radioactive burns with sucess!

not only is it being used for cancer but it has been known to CURE other things......

This is a CURE not a "treatment" like chemo (like the post on page 1 all that chemo does is kill ya faster)

if/when my time comes this is the route I will go.

Escanabajosh
04-24-2011, 08:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAzwr-FIA5Q&feature=related

Escanabajosh
04-24-2011, 08:52 AM
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=cannabinoid cancer&cmd=correctspelling

^Pubmed^

atc007
04-24-2011, 09:27 AM
Sorry to hear THAT Dr.s news. But like you, I would be also fighting the fire from more sides than one! I watched that video,thanx FAbio? Can't remember who posted it. They made it sound like you can't possibly have too much vit C. Keep your head up high friend,and again,live like theres no tomorrow,cuz NONE of us is guaranteed that. Happy Easter.

gsw902
04-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks for posting the videos, I have been looking into the oil already. There are even articals on cancer.gov that say it is a cure but yet it is still illegal. I have not totally desided which way I will go for my treatment, but I know I dont want to sit around and wait to die. I am getting my strenth back since my surgury and I feel better everyday, I took about a mile long walk in the woods yesterday, and took my wife and son to the movies last night. I even rode my 4 wheeler a little. thanks again guys for all of the support

atc007
04-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Sounds to me like you're doing awesome! Keep it up!!

atc007
04-26-2011, 05:24 PM
Just wondering how you're doing GSW? Hopefully well!!!

gsw902
04-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Sorry for taking so long to post back to you atc007. I have been at my parents house in WV for a few days and couldnt get on here.I went for the lung biopsy on tuesday but they did not want to do the needle biopsy, the dr. said it was not acurate. So he is sending me for a brain MRI on the 5th and if it comes back ok I am going in on the 11th for surgury to remove a lymph node near my air way to be removed and biopsied. He said i wouldnt have to stay in the hospital for that surgury. This it where it gets confusing, if the lymph node is not cancer of any type they want to remove the middle lobe of my right lung where the spot is. but if it is cancer (lung or colon) they wont remove it. I am still feeling good and have been in a pretty good mood for the last few days, I saw alot of family this week I even saw my half brother and his family that I had not seen for 10 years or more. I have decided to try my best to live life to the fullest like we all should. My wife ask me a few weeks ago if there was anything I wanted to do or any where I wanted to go. I started thinking of places to go with her and my son of course, she said what about for you, I told her I want to go to sturgis this year. I got it planned out thisweek my 3 brothers are going to go with me. On of my brothers told me a story about a friend of his that he was in the airforce with they where both EODs ( bomb guys) he said his freind got to closedand got badly injured, almost blew his leg off. He had to spend a year in the hospital and rehab. After all of that he got better and came back to work. Well him and my brother had another close call together after that, my brother said he was all shook up and telling his freind "we almost died". he said his freind told him " sh@t dieing is easy its living thats the hard part. Sorry for the long story that has just been stuck in my head since he told it to me, it just makes me want to fight that much more to live, never liked to do things the easy way

atc007
05-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Great to here! Sounds like you are doing just great! Sturgis huh? Sounds like fun! I'd say keep it up,,but it sounds like you've got an awesome handle on things!! Keep us updated! And thanx for posting!

whyzee
05-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Wow ...this is just heartwrenching....I am keeping you in my prayers every night gsw902.

gsw902
05-01-2011, 10:24 PM
I never posted that much on here but I have read alot of posts, I always new there was a great bunch of people on 3ww,But I am still surprised by the amount of people that have posted to me. Thanks alot guys, I will have to beat this and add trikefest to my list of places I must go so I can meet some of you in person.

also I did find a cancer center here that will do the IV vitamin C treatments that I am wanting, I have to call them after the next biopsy to set up an apointment.

atc007
05-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Sounds awesome! I know NOTHING about it,,but what can it hurt??!! I watched that show too. Like I said,fight that fire from all sides!

gsw902
05-02-2011, 07:34 AM
I wanted the vitamin c with chemo, It is suppost to help relieve the side effects of the chemo. But as of right now I dont know if I am going to take the chemo at all. Its a very hard decision. I am waiting until I get the next biopsy results before I make up my mind. I have changed my diet to all vegetarian and still taking my vitamins and herbs. I feel good, sometimes it hard for me to believe that I am sick

atc007
05-02-2011, 07:34 PM
You FEEL good,that is all that really counts. I'll throw this out there. I take care of both my parents,my mentally and physically challenged brother,and my wife and 2 of my daughters have Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy. Watching my parents rot away,,and I'm sorry,they live with me,I care for them,they are simply wasting away.Is NOTHING I would wish on many people! Mom is 81 w Alsheimers,and can't walk,Dad is 90,a former Marine in WWll,farmed till he was 84. Drove till he was 87. He now can barely walk, or talk,or take care of himself. It is NO way to go.Living long,,,the Golden years,,,yeah!! I say everyday,,wow,a car wreck and a couple days of suffering would have been so much easier. I think it's not how LONG you live,but what quality you had while you were here. JMHO,and I know I seem awful,and every situation is different,but ours is not cool! So,If you're feeling good,,that's over half the battle! I hope things keep going well for you and yours!

gsw902
05-02-2011, 09:38 PM
You have a very hard life my friend. My biggest fear used to be watching all of my family die and being all alone as an old man. My dad is 81 and my mom is 77, I have 3 brothers in there 50's and one thats 47. I just always thought I would be the last to go, now we are all scared that I will be first. I am very sorry for what your have to go through, sounds like we both have a hard life right now. I dont want my 5 year old son watch me slowly die, that is the main thing that upsets me is knowing how hard it will be on my wife and son if/when I die. My wife told me when I first found out that I have cancer, that I least I have time to do things I want to do and to say goodbye to everyone and that would be better than dieing fast like a heart attack or being killed in a car. I completly disagree with her I would much rather go in a crash. Living with the fact that you are dieing is something I would not wish on anyone. On a more positive note I went to the college today and spent a couple hours with my motorcycle mechanics class, they gave me a motorcycle mechanics class t shirt that they all wrote on like a get well card. I also found out that I can get a certifacate in motorcycle mechanics, I was trying to get the diploma but I have enough classes for the certifacate, so atleast I get something for my past years work. so all in all a pretty good day.

atc007
05-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Very cool! Ad mechanic to your resume! My lifes fine,no worries. I live by a simple motto. It can always be worse. I have had days that would absolutely Cripple most,,but there was somebody somewhere,,wishing to God they could have had my problems! I selfishly worry about myself,,all my years in the shop.The gas,cleaners,fumes,carbon from head jobs,the metal grindings,paint,primer,exhaust,etc.... Never had enough brains to wear gloves! Or aspirators. I've literally fealt my braincells disappearing! You saying what you said reminds me of one of my favorite movies. Bucket List. They talk about this exact thing! Rather we like it or not,,these are the hands we've been given! Gotta make the most of what we've got!!

gsw902
05-03-2011, 05:53 PM
I love that movie too. I dont think I could stand to watch it again now though. I have been in construction related jobs since I was 19 finishing drywall and spraying popcorn ceilings most of it. I keep hoping thats whats in my lung and not cancer, I did smoke for about 10 years too though. Everything you pick up has a warning lable that says its know to cause cancer in the state of California, I always thought I would be ok since I live in north carolina. You have a great outlook on life , I am trying to stay positive myself but its hard for me because I have always been a negative person. My wife and I lost 7 or 8 babies (may have been more I lost count) we desided to become foster parents and where lucky enough to get a 4 day old baby that we adopted a year later. Since then I have been alot more positive, things worked out ok for us on the baby thing, maybe it will work out for me on the cancer thing too. I mean after all life can only kick you in the nuts so many times, right?

atc007
05-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Hmmmm,we're also foster parents. We've saved 6 so far. Probably the most rewarding thing we have done. Their resolve is astonishing. Very small county,,would love to go private and be full all the time,,but have my hands pretty full with what I have now most days. Sorry for all your losses,I can't even imagine..If life has taught me anything though,,there is no limit on how many times it will kick us in the balls!! It's easy to say stop counting,,but I have,I had too! I sure could use you after awhile here, roof sprung a leak over the winter. Gonna go all steel this summer,then will have to repair my ceiling inside. Haven't done it,but it looked easy watching the pros!! Actually kind of looking forward to it. May have some tech questions for ya when I do!

gsw902
05-03-2011, 08:05 PM
I dont think I could handle the foster parent thing again, that was the longest year of my life waiting to see if we would get to adopt Mikey or not. he was our first placement, we kept a couple other kids for about 2 weeks at a time. After his adoption was final we let our license expire. When it come time to work on your house I will answer any question that i can for you. My dad had the metal roof put on his house last year and loves it. I had on more question for you though, where is NEPA? is that north east PA.?

By the way if I hadnt said it before, my name is Greg

atc007
05-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Yeah N E Pennsylvania. I'm Bill, and it's a pleasure to meet you. Yeah the foster parenting is,,,well,it's not for most. You have to wait till MOST of them get to almost 30 to realize what you did for them. It's a total ASSAULT on any sort of sane living! But what these kids have been thru,,they need someone to fight for them!

gsw902
05-05-2011, 06:13 PM
I had my breathing test and MRI today. I wont know the results of the MRI until I call the Dr. tomarrow. I had a reaction to the dye they gave me for the mri and they had to give me benadryl in my IV. that had me drunk for a while but feeling ok now.

atc007
05-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Never ends does it??!

gsw902
05-05-2011, 06:27 PM
nope, I dont think it does.

gsw902
05-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Feeling good today I took my son to the lego festival and to toys r us. We had a great day. Its amazing what they can build out of legos.

atc007
05-08-2011, 08:53 PM
I Bet! I never had any,but my son loved em!! Great to here! Wooped from Mom's day here. Picked up a 83 Big Red,he swears under 15 hours,he bought it from the original owner, I disagreed,but still had to own it! It is GORGEOUS!!

gsw902
05-08-2011, 09:38 PM
the first 3 wheeler I ever rode was my brothers 83 bigred. I would love to have another one

gsw902
05-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Well I got some good news and some bad news today. I got my disabled social securuty, but I wont receive my first check until october. they told me when I filled for it that they would make a decision within 2 to 4 months but they didnt say they would hold payment for 6 months. My wife is a teacher and she only works part time for to colleges, one of them doesnt let her work through the summer. Its going to be a tight summer, I know we can make it on what we have saved and what she makes until october, It just might mess up some of the things we had planned to do while school is out.

atc007
05-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Never ends does it??!! lol,what else can we do but laugh and roll with the punches? I thought of you today,spent over 3 1/2 hours at Geisinger,,our closest MDA clinic,pediatric specialist hospital. I'd rather put in 1800 bales of hay then spend the day there,,but what are ya gonna do?? We didn't get good news either,but none of it was anything we didn't know. Just sinks in when the Dr.s are the ones telling it to you. Most of the best things in life don't cost anything. But money sure does make things easier. Keep your head up!!

gsw902
05-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Well I got some good news yesterday, my MIR came back good no cancer in my brain. But then I sat at the hospital for 7 hours waiting for them to do the surgical biopsy of one of my lymph nodes and it never happened. I got there at 11 they said they would get me in at 1, well at about 3 they took me back to the preop area and started an IV, at about 4 the surgen came in and said we are waiting on a room and I dont know how long it will be. then at almost 6 he came back and told me 2 more hours. I told him that I wasn't waiting any longer and I came home. Now I am scheduled to go back next week and have it done. I swear I about ready to just say screw doctors, I just feel like its a waste of time every time I go to one.

atc007
05-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Well,good news! What a shame on the wasted day. I spent yesterday at the hospital w my Dad,he fell,just bruised ribs,,but I had to make sure with his past. And to think! I used to look forward to taking my wife to the hospital. It was the ONLY time I took off! Now,it's a continous weekly grind! They must have had a lot of traumas come in? Generally, surgical scheduling is one thing they can get close!

gsw902
05-16-2011, 02:14 PM
I had a great weekend, my wife surprised me with a trip to the mountains and to a motorcycle museum. I thought that we were going to take my son to Santa land and I had know idea the motorcycle museum was there. It was a pretty cool place but they only have american made bikes.

atc007
05-16-2011, 03:35 PM
VERY COOL! But then again,,so is Santa land! Never been ,but we LOVE Christmas! I have a 58 Ducati,Bronco 125. That interest you? I know NOTHING about it!

gsw902
05-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Santa land was ok, they have a few rides and a small roller coaster. I love old bikes (all bikes) I would like to see some pics of your Ducati. I have spent all day on the computer trying to find another bike. I had a little 650 savage that I got over the winter but I sold it right after I got out of the hospital, one of those depression ideas, I thought I am going to die I dont need a bike. But now I am saying I am still alive and I feel good, where is my bike? I would like to find an old goldwing. or maybe a sport bike, kinda like to see what 200mph feels like

atc007
05-16-2011, 06:20 PM
200??!! That's pushing it! I've done 120+ on sled,150 + on bike. 200? That's a whole nother category! My Ducatis in need of a complete restore,covered in dust. I have pics here somewhere. I've never uploaded pics here,will see if I can later.

gsw902
05-16-2011, 09:03 PM
found a goldwing that I amm going to look at tomarrow. I dout if it will do 200 but it would sure be more comfortable on the highway.

tri again
05-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Interesting thought about immunity, not to change the subject.

I've heard it is a series of 14 proteins acting in a specific sequence.

IF something scrambles them, like a backfire, or similar 'stress', they need time to reassemble
into their functional positions...like a handful of weak magnets.

LAUGHter, even if you kinda fake it, is the fastest way to rearrange them.

Find anything that makes you laugh.
I guess we all should.

sn- might be a good thing they didn't bother with the biopsy, for a few reasons.

Lots of tests are done simply because people have insurance, or a house they can attach.

Not to be cruel but sacredhearthospital here is THE largest land owner in Lane county.

Now with socialsecurity award letter, you may be able to get some sort of deal with your bills
Most people consider them like gold and as stable as the government.

There are commercials on tv that will 'give' you $$ based on
structured settlements or annuities but they are Scams at an absurd
interest rate,
but there are also real people and banks that will cut you some slack
based on that award letter.

I also know that if I drop dead in my driveway, someone will be kicking my pockets for change so
be careful who you trust.

SS attorneys are hard to come by but some lawfirms will also loan $$ based on
a stable case like yours.

gsw902
05-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Sorry that it took me so long to post back, I went to my parents house for a few days and they dont have internet. The goldwing was junk it had a bad oil leak, needed tires and fork seals, it also had electrical problems. I wont get any back pay from social security, they dont have to pay you for the 1st 6 months your out of work now. I wont have any problems making it until October without being paid, my wife is teaching through the summer, it just makes me mad because she could have taken the summer off if my social security would have started sooner. As far as laughter goes I have been in a pretty good mood lately and laughing alot ( my son makes sure of that he is a little clown). I try to stay positive, I get sad sometimes but not nearly as often as I did.

atc007
05-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Good to hear! No big surprise on that wing,they have lots of stuff to go wrong with them! Still buried in the mud up here! Gonna try to get the lawn somewhat picked up and mowed this weekend,who knows. I'm 4? mowings behind. It's so damn muddy I can't think of backdragging it or using any power equipment,I'd sink to China! I just rode a 04 Ozark I bought from a good customer. I had rebuilt the engine last week,so I knew it was correct,I had sold the machine last summer,and it was nice. ITP tire and rim kit,nice. HOLY crap,it is beat! Freewheels downhill steering bushings are shot,I'll be ok,but I just do not know how they used it up so fast! Gotta go Get Mom up and around and go play in the mud! Enjoy the weekend!

gsw902
05-24-2011, 02:20 PM
I love my little ozark, I have it over in my father in laws shop now so I can change the seals in the rear axle. then I have the 04 quad sport project to start on, I got it from a family member a couple months ago for 200 bucks, he bought it from someone that said they put rings in it and never got it started, I started it for him in about 20 minutes, it was just out of time. It needs a starter and the brakes hooked up, the plastic has been spray painted, I am just wanting to fix it for other people to ride with me. The last few days all I have did is look at bikes, my 3 brothers are going to buy a bike for me, they know that I want another one but I cant spend much on one right now with no income so they told me yesterday that they where going to give me $1000.00 each to buy me a bike ( got to love big brothers). now I cant deside what kind of bike I want, my wife says the only thing she will ride with me on is a goldwing, but I dont think she will ride even if I get a goldwing she rode 2 miles with me on the last bike I had and said she didnt like the wind in her face. I have been looking at cruisers there are alot of nice cruisers around here in the 3000 to 4000 price range. I told one of my brothers that I would come back in to WV and go look at some bikes up there in the next couple of weeks, so I should have a bike soon.

atc007
05-24-2011, 09:34 PM
Every single Ozark and Z 250 I get in needs axle bearings and brakes. And to be fair,,most 250EX's too, Not so much the Recons. Adults on the Recons,kids on EX's! I get my starters thru DB electrical,CHEAP!! And Perfect! $54 delivered. I have a As new V Star 650,BL/SILVER 22,000 Mi,? I believe. I think you're looking for something bigger? It would be kinda surprising if she rides! Bike huntings fun,,the first few!! Now you're at the point it's becoming a chore!! Right?

gsw902
05-26-2011, 10:32 AM
I bought a new starter on ebay for the quad sport I hope it is good. I like the V star 650 my brother had one a few years ago. I found a bike yesterday, getting it on tuesday. Its a suzuki intruder 1500. its a 2000 with only 7300 miles, its not in perfect shape, has a little rust on the chrome and needs cleaned up but I am happy with it. I have to go take my test to get my permit again and I also signed up for the riders safty course it starts on june 6th. I hope I can get my wife to ride with me some, I think she would like it alot better on the big bike the last one she rode with me on was my little kawasaki 305.

atc007
05-27-2011, 06:03 PM
That should be a very nice ride! Very nice machines. I just put up a new clothes line,,it's raining now! Somethings never change. It's getting Really dark! Looks like more crap tonight. Tornados and wind all around last night,people are without electric for days,and I guess there is more on the way tonight thru Wednesday. Not complaining! Just a real pita the weather this year. Been interviewing people for my Mom,Dad,and brothers 20 hours a week help I get. WHat a process!!!! Looks like we have found someone ,and her daughter who were well worth the trouble. We'll see,time will tell! Our fields and lawn are nothing but standing water and mud,I finally had to go plow thru it last weekend,right up to the axle in places,,Brand new BAdBoy ZT. I had always had old Wheel horse fixer uppers,and LOVED them,,but sold my last one and had to buy new,,Surely not worth anywhere near what they cost! But very nice nonetheless. Well, gotta go feed Mom,and play with the kiddos before beddytime!

atc007
06-02-2011, 09:36 PM
So how's she running? Too busy wrenching and cruising!? Hope all is well. I have an all dayer again tomorrow. Brother has 2 procedures and son 2 trigger finger operations. 50 mph winds today,,but it started drying us out!!!!!!

Billyboy34
06-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Greg I've been following your post over these past couple of months and I’m glad to see that you’re not going down without a fight. Even though I am not a cancer survivor I’ve lost one too many friends and family members to it. I’m a huge supporter of cancer research. I’ve been involved in an annual bike race (Pan-Mass Challenge) for 5 years now. It is the largest sports fund raising charity event for cancer research in the country, which all goes to the Jimmy Fund. This event alone makes up approximately 60% of the annual funds raised by the Jimmy Fund, even the Red Sox get involved. We ride our bikes (non-motorized) 200 miles in two days in an effort to raise money for cancer research. Last year we raised over $34 million dollars. I’ll be sure to keep you in mind while I train over the next couple of months. I hope all turns out well for you and your family. Stay strong!

gsw902
06-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Cancer sux and its only getting worse, I have lost 2 uncles and 2 aunts to cancer. My dad and one of his brothers are both lung cancer survivors, 14 years for my dad and 8 for his brother. they say that your chances of getting cancer in your life time are 1 in 3, so 33% of the people in the US will get some type of cancer in there life time. In the 70's the odds of getting cancer where 1 in 180. Cancer research is a good thing and I am glad to hear that you support it, I just wish they would start trying to find out why so many of us are getting it, you know prevention is better than a cure. And now that we are on the subject of cures, did you know that there has not been a cure for any disease in the last 50 years only drugs to releive the symtoms? then the drugs have all of these side effects that have to be treated with more drugs. Good luck in your training and with your race.

gsw902
06-03-2011, 04:19 PM
So how's she running? Too busy wrenching and cruising!? Hope all is well. I have an all dayer again tomorrow. Brother has 2 procedures and son 2 trigger finger operations. 50 mph winds today,,but it started drying us out!!!!!!

I have been busy trying to get thing around the house this week. I have a bunch of 3 and 4 wheeler parts and some riding mower parts that I have to get out and put on ebay next week. The bike runs great. I have been cleaning it more than riding it. Its cleaning up great, I will try to get some pics posted tonight. I wont have the tags for it until next friday, so I have only rode it a few miles. I did fix my ozark today and I getting ready to go out and work on the quad sport now, I have everything I need for it except 2 front tires. I hope that everything went well for your family today. I wish that it would rain here, but I know that its waiting on me to get my bike on the road.

atc007
06-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Ahhh yes,,around the hose work! With all the flooding and rain we had,i couldn't even get on our lawns! Now,,the winds are whipping and the dirt roads are all dusty! Droughts a coming! I find it Very relaxing,cleaning and polishing bikes? I love it. We are lifepartners,$19 a month with St Judes. Must admit that's the only cancer money we donate,other than when we're solicited. Most of ours goes to the MD and childrens hospitals, for obvious reasons. I totally agree 100%. We are completely Bass ackwards,figure out the problem,before you make the fix.. then we won't need the fix. It won't get any better,plastics,chemicals,exhaust.. We kill ourselves. Anyhow! Picked up a Tecate today,85,all original fr tire,sprocket guard,exhaust,,but it's a Tecate!! I smelled the gas halfway across the parking lot!! She really is a low hour bike,,but they just shook themselves to PIECES! Brother did well,they took a PSA,they aren't really thinking cancer,but have to check. SOn didn't get surgery,,,they wanted to give him cortisone,,He said,NO,I want fixed,,not band aided.. So July he'll get his surgery.

just ben
06-03-2011, 11:33 PM
just found this thread. I'm not a cancer survivor or patient but it affects me everyday. my fiance had surgery for ovarian cancer last year the day after her 30 th b-day. has been cancer free since but life has been tough for both of us since. there is not a day that goes by that shes not worrying where it will show up next or dealing with hot flashes and mood swings. and for me try dealing with a 30 y/o in menopause! cancer SUCKS! her dr.'s could not have better though and continue to be great. she was treated at roswell park in buffalo,ny. If you are still looking for alternitive or trial type medicine roswell is the place to go. suppose to be the best cancer center and offer the most options in the country. luckily for us its local. Its no suprise the there havnt been any new cures in the past 50 years hmm wonder why that is... the same reason your doctor didnt want to do the vitamin treatment. Theres no money in healthcare if everyone is healthy. anyway hope you are doing well and your treatment goes as well as my fiance's did.

atc007
06-04-2011, 07:37 AM
Good to hear from you Ben. Hope EVERYTHING starts looking brighter for you and yours! NICE Tecate!

gsw902
06-04-2011, 08:47 AM
I understand what you mean Ben, even if it goes away you will always worry when its going to come back. I am not taking any chemo or radiation only doing natural treatments. I dont know if the will work,but I feel better than I have in 3 or 4 years. Anyway on a happier note here is a link to the pics of my bike, http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.177655832292603.45548.100001445616448&l=c04af87e54

just ben
06-04-2011, 09:40 AM
nice looking bike is that the 1400 for 2k? I had to get out of street riding I always had sport bikes and its hard to be smart when you have a 160mph machine under you. I have a 7 y/o girl I wanna see grow up. she's a rider too but she rides four wheels, some day she'll be rippin one of my tecates. with my fiance we didn't know it was cancer until she was in surgery. lucky me I am her proxy and had to decide what they removed and tell her when she came out of surgery that it was cancer. I wouldnt wish that responsability on anyone. Its great to hear that you are feeling well and what you are doing seems to be working for. my grandmother went through chemo and everything went downhill from there. I dont think it helped and she didnt even get to enjoy the time she had left. keep your head up and enjoy life

gsw902
06-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Its a 2000 suzuki intruder 1500. It was 3500.00. I understand why you gave up street riding I sold my bike 1st bike when my son was a few months old. then I got another a couple years later, I sold it when I got out of the hospital 2 months ago because I didnt think I would be up to riding anymore. Now I have this one. If cancer has taught me anything it is that we never know what life has in store for us, if I crash my bike and die atleast I was doing something that I love to do. not that I can go 160 on my bike, I did think about getting a sport bike but I didnt think I needed to have something that would go that fast

just ben
06-04-2011, 10:38 AM
ahh my bad went back and read again. you said it was a 2000.... some reason I read it as, its only 2000. nice bike though. hope the weather there is better than here. all we have had is rain and more rain

gsw902
06-04-2011, 12:39 PM
It has been hot and dry here. I am taking the rider safety course next week so it will probably rain every day.

gsw902
06-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Well I got F@%$ed again. I have no insurance or income right now, but NC medicad wont pay my medical bills for the month of May because they are only 12,000 They said I have to pay the first 3000.00 worth of bills for March and April and all of May. They will only pay for months that my bills are above 14,000. So as of right now I owe UNC hospital $18000.00

atc007
06-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Don't sweat it too bad. You should be able to apply for charity,or whatever they call it. Every hospital I've ever heard of has a program. It is a LOT of paperwork! And Not too often known about! But a couple hours of shuffling papers is way better than owing their bill ! Apply for whatever they have and it should be taken care of. All you NEED is a letter stating the state will not pick it up,and they should have to eat it. My nephew had to do it when he was young. He needed back surgery,to save from being paralyzed,,this would go waayyyy long about his story> Nuff said. Have you been enjoying that bike. By that I mean polishing and maybe riding! It never ends here! My son just called,and said,,wow,you've been taken it rough! ,, I said what?? Have we ever had day different?? All is well . Try and put a smile on,hopefully tomorrow will be better!

Billyboy34
06-08-2011, 10:16 PM
That's insain. That's the last thing you should have to worry about considering everything else you have on your mind. Here in Rhode Island, if you have cancer the state pays for every cent of medical care. My buddy's girlfriend was unemployed when she was found out she had cancer. That's when i learned the state pays for everything. Hopefully everything turns out ok for you and your family.

gsw902
06-08-2011, 10:27 PM
I talked to them about charity care already, I cant get it because we made too much money in 2010. I have not worked since april of 2010 yet my bills are based on 2010.
Still dont have the tag for my bike It should be here tomarrow. I still wont ride it until tuesday, I have to take it to the school and get my tire changed.

Billy
NC wont pay for sh$t. I was unemployed when I found out too. I am not worried about the bill for me, I am affraid they will try to make my wife pay if/when I die. I know they will take any state tax refunds I am owed until its paid

atc007
06-08-2011, 11:10 PM
America.......

Billyboy34
06-09-2011, 11:34 AM
I am affraid they will try to make my wife pay if/when I die. I know they will take any state tax refunds I am owed until its paid

Have you talked to a lawyer about this? What if you reduce your state tax withholdings to reduce your refunds, ultimately preventing them from taking too much at one time. This would at least increase your take home pay.

gsw902
06-09-2011, 05:04 PM
well I will be on disablity so there wont be any taxes withheld from me only from my wife and I think she claims 3 already, but with my kid we normally get back about 1500 in state taxes per year. I am going to go back up to the hospital and talk to them next week I hope I can work something out.

I got the tag for my bike today, so I just got home from my first ride, I know I wasnt going to ride until next week but I had to go for a short one rode about 20 miles.

Escanabajosh
06-11-2011, 08:59 AM
Free video this weekend only, half way thru it right now.

http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/49633-the-great-cancer-hoax-the-brilliant-cure-the-fda-tried-their-best-to-shut-down-#.TfNcsFpNAKA;facebook

atc007
06-11-2011, 02:51 PM
So Greg,how 'd she run? Any hiccups? 20 miles is a nice cruise! I'm sure you've got her freshened up,but there's usually something that has to pop up! More tstorms and humidity up here. I'm off to fix one of the steam jennies! Hope all is gooodd!

gsw902
06-13-2011, 11:39 AM
It ran great. I have not had it out again yet, we went to DC for the weekend and just got back home. I dont know if I will ride today or not but I got to take it to the school in the morning to get the tire changed

atc007
06-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Changing those big aluminum rears was always Christmas for me,I loved em!,on and off w hardly any tools! Hope all goes well.

gsw902
06-14-2011, 05:24 PM
I had a great day today, to the bike in to the school for them to change the tire and got to stay in the shop and help change it. I had fun, got to hange out with some old class mates and forget about all of this cancer sh@t for a few hours. The bike sure rode alot better with a round tire on it too. I see what you where talking about with changing those big tires it went very smooth.

atc007
06-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Amazing what a nice new baloney feels like sometimes! Just threw a set on the front of our people hauler,Wow! She's smooth now!. Course they were studded snows on there before..My son and daughter in law moved back in early Sunday morning. 10 in our home now. Wife and girls went to the in laws for a lil break for all. Hoping to really kick some ass catching up while they're gone!! But....I know better! Home health has told me to get a Hospice consult for my Mom and Dad. I had NO idea,,I thought if hospice was in,,death is imminent,,but they help for a long time before?? I'll know tomorrow. Dad is just crashing bad. But they still both have smiles on there faces!

atc007
06-24-2011, 10:27 PM
Been awhile! How are things down south?! Same ol same ol here!!

atc007
06-25-2011, 05:07 PM
A friend of mines little girl,,She calls me Uncle Bill.. Just found out this morning she has 2 tumors on her brain. One very large,,she's going blind in her R eye. And it's starting on her left eye. That's how they found it. This little girl has been challenged since day one. Leg surgeries,, way too much for 16 years old. She's going to Rochester for surgery and radiation. 3 hours each way. It just seems to rain on anyone I know!!! Her family's a mess,they haven't explained it completely to her yet. I have a good friend who had a benign brain tumor,,HUGE 18 years ago. He lives a COMPLETELY normal life today,Has since surgery. Hopefully things go the same for Dianna. Will keep ya up to date here.

gsw902
06-29-2011, 09:31 PM
I am sorry to hear about your friends daughter. Sorry that I hadnt posted for a while we where on vacation for the past week. We took my son to Idlewild amusement park in PA. then went to cleveland to see some of my wifes family. I have been feeling pretty good still, I took a 60 mile ride today on my bike. We got a lot to do before saturday, its my sons 6th birthday and we have to get everything ready for his party

atc007
06-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Whew.Vacation,,That is awesome!! Never been on vacation in my life,not 1 day.. Everydays a vacation the way I look at it ! Hoping to go this summer,,MAYBE even overnight! Been rough here,,brothers severely impacted...Nuff said. Haven't heard from my little friend yet when her appointment is. I assume sooner than later. Hoping like my friend it's surgery and lead a normal life. Have fun w the Bday stuff,and Happy Birthday to him !

gsw902
07-09-2011, 09:12 PM
been feeling like crap for the last week, dont think it has anything to do with my cancer, mainly hurting in my back. I havent rode my bike for a week now thinking maybe I hurt my back riding, not sure. Anyway I am off to my parents in WV in the morning, might feel up to doing a little riding while I am there

atc007
08-29-2011, 07:55 PM
So,how are we doing down there? Pretty good here. My friends daughter came thru her surgery with flying colors. Pretty neat actually. Our local surgeon is sorta like the oldtime town DOC. He is THE surgeon at the local hospital. He told me a cpl years ago,that he will not shave patients anymore,for anything. It creates thousands of tiny infections. Anyhow,,her surgery was at Strong Memorial in Rochester. They didn't shave her! You would never know they split her skull and took out a huge tumor. They called it non cancerous,,but there are 3 more smaller ones that they could not get too. She's meeting with all the oncologists to derive a plan. They're not sure what they're gonna do next.

sp8twn
08-30-2011, 10:09 AM
hey gsw,,,im 38 years old had chemo and radiation in 05 for lymphnode cancer,,had more chemo and radiation and also steam cell transplant last summer for the same thing that come back!!!! all i can tell you is keep your head high and dont ever loose your smile no matter how shitty you feel or THINK you look,,, ther is light at the end of that dark tunnel!!! take care and keep smiling for your little one,,,,cheers... sp8twn

atc007
08-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Thanx sp8twn.. Great advice. Glad to hear your doing better. Thanx for sharing,and that's a sweet looking R !

whyzee
11-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Hey gsw. Checking in to see how you are doing. Been thinking about ya.

skidmorejr88
11-06-2011, 07:39 PM
My mom had stage 4 breast cancer and beat it after a massectomey removing both breast and radiation. She has been cancer free for close to 4 years nows it was hard on the whole family but you have to stay strong and think positive! You and your family will be in my thoughts.

atc007
11-07-2011, 07:33 AM
Hey gsw. Checking in to see how you are doing. Been thinking about ya.
Same here obviously?? Get back on here and give us an update... Does anyone here know him,or,live close to him?

Billy Golightly
12-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Another member just sent me some information, but it looks like he has passed away :(

http://millerboles.com/gregory-scott-willis/

RIDE-RED 250r
12-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Another member just sent me some information, but it looks like he has passed away :(

http://millerboles.com/gregory-scott-willis/

Dislike...... :cry:

Cave Rider
12-16-2011, 05:19 PM
I want to go home now and see my family,this is very very sobering....God Bless him and his family, RIDE ON BROTHER !!!

hancadam
12-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Very sad indeed. I read somewhere he also lost 3 young sons at one point. Very young and tragic life he had. Gone at 41, leaving behind a 6yo little boy and wife. Very sad.

badass350x
12-16-2011, 06:20 PM
May god bless him. He fought till the end.

sweetip2000
12-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Its hard to say what will and wont work. Everybody has their own body chemistry, what works for one may not work for all. I lost my mom 2 summers ago to stage 4 lung cancer.
The chemo is very expensive and will tear you up physically and the oncologist will suck your money dry. I would try the oil of oregano. I heard about this on RBN republic broadcasting network I think the doctors name is Dr Malawi or something that sounds like that. My opinion doesn't mean anything but you have to decide for yourself. From what I experienced and in lieu of the fact that their is no cure for cancer than what is the sense of chemotherapy ? It doesn't cure the cancer. Why don't they tell us what will prevent the cancer ? Instead they always talk about what they can do to "treat it". If you decide to take the natural path make your choices for pain killers and have an in home hospice.
Then again you never know what will and can happen within that time frame. The way things are going right now with all the tyranny and corruption disease and war we are all heading in the same direction at a rapid rate. Who knows. We might all go down together.
When you talk about stuff like this it will help you make your own choices. If you have family stay really close if not you will need someone to be with you if and when things really kick in. Hang tough man. We love ya.

whyzee
12-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Wow...what a great guy that was dealt a shitty hand in life and never complained . I hope God blesses him with his sons again and helps his family through this terrible time. Awful.

atc007
12-20-2011, 09:55 PM
SOFNB......Just saw this,,,It's go time.

fabiodriven
02-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Please watch this gsw- http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/beautiful-truth/

Thorpe
02-06-2013, 12:28 AM
Fabio-- I believe GSW is riding in heaven now....

atc007
02-06-2013, 12:44 AM
I let him know Thorpe. I can't wait to watch that though..

fabiodriven
02-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Fabio-- I believe GSW is riding in heaven now....

Thanks guys. I actually read back before posting to see if it said anything about that but I somehow missed it. God rest his soul.