PDA

View Full Version : Hello from New Mexico

DirtyJeepin
04-19-2011, 05:02 PM
Afternoon all,

I've been checking out the forums for a little bit, and figured it was time to say hi...

Hi.

I've been into various forms of offroading, dirtbikes and 4x4's mostly, for like 18 yrs now. However, this is my first intro into the 3wheelers.

Sold my CRF450r last year, and recently a freind picked up a ATC250r. So me being me, i had to give it a try. Shopped around and decided that i wanted to get a 350x (not a big fan of the smokers). Thought i had one at one point, i had agreed with the guy for his asking price of $500 sight unseen and that i was coming over to buy it after work. Well a couple hours before i got off work, he texted me to tell me that he had sold it for $700... never even had a chance to counter offer... jerk.

Well about a week later a managed to pick up a beater '85 for $350. It needed rear fairing, seat, exhaust, tires.... help....

It did however come with a 200x that is mostly complete... except for a complete lack of nuts and bolts to put it together.... :lol:

Anyway, here is the bike as it sits, still waiting on the DG exhaust to show up, and i havent found a seat yet.

Dig the iorn cross taillight :naughty:

And a quick question, anyone know where that front rim/tire came from? I don't think its from a 3 wheeler, the sucker is huge, a good 3 inches taller than the 200x front wheel.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/usafcarpenoctum/350x1.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/usafcarpenoctum/350x2.jpg

Just-Tri-It
04-19-2011, 10:23 PM
Welcome aboard. That will make a fine rider. There are plenty of parts in your area of the country. And all up and down the west coast. Good to see one being saved and restored to good running order.
Remember... Even the Lord's Chariot only has 3 Wheels!

MonroeMike
04-20-2011, 10:32 AM
Welcome to the board.

4cylinders
04-20-2011, 11:24 PM
hey, where you at in abq?
grants here.
where you getting parts from?

DirtyJeepin
04-21-2011, 03:25 PM
I am actually 30 min east of Abq in Edgewood, but no one knows where that is.... even people that have lived in Albuquerque for years haven't a clue.

So far i've just been shopping Ebay and rockymountainatv. I picked up a partial 200x off of CL, and managed to steal the grab bar for the 350x, and will be using some of the other parts for another 200x.

That taillight is just a universal fit streetbike light i got while i was stationed in Japan.

4cylinders
04-22-2011, 08:07 PM
hey, too bad, don't get that far east very often.
do you get into abq ?
couple places there for parts.
let me know what you need, got some stuff.