PDA

View Full Version : This is what I want to be when I grow up-

hang&rattle
04-21-2011, 08:49 PM
This just amazes me. Nearly unbelievable.- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNXPflPh-8M&feature=related I'm unemployed so I was concidering career options. First I thought of trying out for the Seattle Seahawks because they'll need a quarterback & they're closest to me. Then I thought, heck, let's just take over a small country and be rulers, but now that I've been watching these Trials, I'm thinkin' of being the world's champion, IDK, just reviewing my options here.

leevarnado
04-21-2011, 09:23 PM
whats the model of those bikes.

Slingblade
04-21-2011, 09:58 PM
One of my friends had an old Yamaha 175 trials bike for years. It was fun to ride and would rip pretty good.

If he's still got it, I'll see if I can buy it on the cheap and ship it to you, Hang. You'll be on the circuit in no time.

Better go to the landfill and gather some materials to build a practice track.

hang&rattle
04-21-2011, 10:12 PM
GasGas, Beta, Montesa, Sherco, Sorpa. The first 3 are what was on the video. What's cool is there is alot of GasGas. Thanks Sling, lol, Kawasaki had a hot Trial in the 70's too. Just think it's amazing, and the Seattle stadium is noisy when I play there (lol), so I need a solid foundation for work now, lol.

HuffieVA
04-21-2011, 10:16 PM
GasGas and Beta have been at the top of the trials game for quite some time, Extreme Trials is awesome to watch I wish it was bigger over here in the States, but its huge overseas...

cattle-dog
04-21-2011, 11:00 PM
greaves was a top notch trials bike and were awsome to ride was on of my first bikes was a 1970 280 greaves trials bike. it was a basket case my father and i rebuilt and i rode it for years.

falloutboy
04-22-2011, 12:17 AM
The Delorean in the first part was kind of random..

Those things are friggin pogo sticks with a motor! :D

coolpool
04-22-2011, 11:31 AM
I can barely walk on two legs let alone balance a motorcycle. That vid was awesome. I can remember watching the outdoors trials as a kid but not the indoor trials.

willreed03
04-22-2011, 11:38 AM
I love watching these guys. I have seen some trials in person before and it's awesome! If you have never seen it in person I highly recommend it! It's incredible and jaw dropping watching these guys perform.

And good luck Hang!

thestud25
04-22-2011, 01:13 PM
I watched a Trials guy(maybe him) live at Bikes, Blues, and BBQ down in Arkansas several years back and it was really amazing some of the stuff these guys can do.

rayatc84
04-22-2011, 03:16 PM
but its huge overseas...

I confirm!

Somehow you have 3wheelers and we have Trial bikes rides...
I practice since 1999 with a GasGas 280 TXT but at a very lower level than in the video...

GasGas, Montesa, Beta and Sherco are the most numerous bikes and the strongest nation for riders has been Spain for several years.

The first part of the video is in Marseille - France, near my home, and I go here each year since 1999 for the French Grand Prix of the Indoor Trial World Championship.

Trial is really the basis of the bike riding technique an there are all the fundamentals in this sport.

I think the training videos of Toni Bou and Adam Raga are even more impressive than races videos. You can find a lot here : http://www.photobysergio.fr/sommaire-video-moto.html

I don't know if you know Danny MacAskill, a UK Trial Bicycle rider, but what he can do is also simply supernatural: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o

rayatc84
05-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Here is an exemple of what I was saying on the above post.
Tony Bou, Albert Cabestany and Adam Raga are really extraterrestrials on this new video of photobysergio...

http://www.photobysergio.fr/gefrees-warm-up.html

Really supernatural...

NINJA
05-21-2011, 01:20 AM
Hell yeah, Trials are awesome! I get quite a few Scorpas in my shop, seems to be the dominant brand here. Nothing takes a worse beating than a trials bike. I can just picture it now, Robbie on French television with a cowboy hat glued to his helmet, hopping from boulder to boulder with a Tecate.

playasridebmx
05-21-2011, 02:25 AM
may look something like this

hang&rattle
05-21-2011, 09:12 AM
Lol!!! You guys are the coolest! Lol!!

250x
05-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Danny MacAskill is absolutely phenomenal. I wouldn't do that in sneakers walking, let alone on a bicycle...lol

Thorpe
05-21-2011, 10:32 AM
I had (years ago now) a SWM trials bike... It was such a billy goat... Launch it in 4th gear, and wheelie at any given moment. Not fast, but the torque that 250cc 2 stroker built was insane. Must have had a 18 lb flywheel or something, and it was quiet! (not my bike in the picture, but looked just like it)

atc007
05-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Ahhhh,speechless. No clue what to say. I just emailed my nephew and apologized for teaching our family 3 wheels instead of Trials. As a woods rider,racer,old avid rider,,what can you say to that? I know we have stupid talent,heard it all our lives,,but to be able to do WHAT they are doing??? No words.

NINJA
05-22-2011, 03:50 AM
may look something like this

That's what I'm talkin about! Try and beat those skills everybody.

hang&rattle
05-22-2011, 12:44 PM
That's what I'm talkin about! Try and beat those skills everybody.

Ohhhh hell, I can do any of that.....just gotta cut the tape just right....and need months to heal before the next shoot, it's all just camera tricks, right? Lol, amazing, what coordination and control. To know every ounce of horsepower and how and when to use every c.c. of the motor....I have a head ache, this is way over my head.

atc007
05-22-2011, 04:42 PM
^^^^ SAME HERE!!!!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^ Can't stop thinking about it! Just my .02 ..You have to be a fairly Experienced rider TOO appreciate this,,I've showed it to some that say ,,that's cool... WHAT!!!! NO! ! that's NOT HUMAN!! Oh well,WAAYYY too late for me to try ..Just gonna have to be a washed up old rider..

rayatc84
12-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Here another chapter of Tony the supernatural: http://www.photobysergio.fr/toni-bou-compil.html

Vealmonkey
12-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Todays equipment makes all the difference in the world. Check out an old Montesa Cota 250 or Yamaha Ty250 and you'll see what I mean. The sport is way different today than what it once was. Riding over logs, jumping rocks, riding up tree trunks and such. Those guys were mountain goats with those old machines. Metal fender, actual seats and headlights and taillights and such. Nothing like the modern day Gas Gas at all.

86T3
12-29-2011, 10:38 PM
These young whipper snappers don't know how easy they have it today...

Sorry Veal, couldn't resist.

brapp
01-01-2012, 11:31 AM
i had a beay up 86 200x it had no fenders basicalyu rolling chasi and a motor and gastank. that thig i was not afraid to take anywhere and i used to literaly bunny hop it literaly about 4 feed ovber a log i distinctlr rember climbing over a poicnic table with it a time or 2 lol would anyone eb intwerested in a extreme trike trials ride someday?? lol

Big Mike
01-04-2012, 05:11 PM
This is what I rode when I first started riding dirt bikes:

I used to love trying to ride like the trials guys, it was so hard!

Jason125m
02-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Bump for a DAMN good video and thread.

rodeofan5656
02-06-2012, 03:53 PM
just south of town here, they have practice trials every sunday in the dump. theres alotta trashed cars and stuff they jump across. i rode one about a year ago. these things are so damn torqy! (not sure how else to spell it).. theyll run out from under you in the blink of an eye! they ride like 26'' mountain bikes with monster motors in em

Swinger
02-06-2012, 04:22 PM
I always wanted to try one of these. I can do some of these things on a BMX bike but WOW is all I gotta say!

YAMAHA_Jim
02-06-2012, 06:29 PM
I could never get my hands on a trials bike,I used to be able to do some trials on my Blaster but nothing to that extent.If I had a small incline at the bottom of a vert wall/cliff I could make it up about a 6'-8' wall.I could do bunnyhops as well.I've had my share of falls from high places too :) My brain still says I can do it but the body says no way.Howdy saw me hop over a puddle at TF a few yrs back and wheelie up devils backbone and set my front wheel down on someones beer can at the top :)
They say if you havent grown up by age 50,You dont have to.I'll go along with that.

rayatc84
12-19-2012, 05:24 PM
When the supernatural Trial riders becomes mere human beings:
http://www.photobysergio.fr/crash-video-2012.html