PDA

View Full Version : Umm LAWL!!!!

250Eddie
04-22-2011, 09:51 PM
OK so this guy im hoping hes not on 3WW becuz that would suck, But this guy has been trying to sell a 200x SUPER clean for 3 grand the guy WONT lower the bike, he may think its gold, Lemme know what you think and if its anyone on 3ww please shine some light on him.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/rvs/2341194376.html

HuffieVA
04-22-2011, 10:54 PM
From the small craigslist pictures its hard to tell if its really as nice as it looks, but if it is a full restoration like the ad says and everything is oem, it's probobly not an awful price for someone who can't / doesn't want to do all the work and parts hunting themselves... I would say that qualifies as a garage queen not a rider there tend to be a big difference in price between the two

250Eddie
04-22-2011, 11:34 PM
yea but think about it, UNLESS its a crate bike still wrapped whos gonna pay 3 grand for something to sit in a garage to gather dust , also have stuff fall on it and scratch it up and kill the money u spent on it, also 3 grand buys me a nice 4x4 =) OR alot more 3 wheelers lol.

250rmanfmf
04-22-2011, 11:47 PM
Its a 1st gen 200x! Not worth 3 grand to me. Sounds like he spent 3 grand on project and wants his money back out of it. You could buy a decent 250r and 350x for his asking price.

Chazz of Blades
04-23-2011, 12:24 AM
Decent my ass! You could buy a NICE R, or X for that price, thats insane what people think these trikes are worth.

Unless that thing pisses gas and shits gold, I aint going near that price!

Fungo Wizard
04-23-2011, 12:25 AM
Its a 1st gen 200x! Not worth 3 grand to me. Sounds like he spent 3 grand on project and wants his money back out of it. You could buy a decent 250r and 350x for his asking price. A decent 250R or350X? Hell you could buy a real nice one in my area for that. I didn't pay $3000 grand for the 2 350x's and the 86 250R in my profile pic combined!

Xpress
04-23-2011, 01:26 AM
Here in cali, that's a $500 trike, AT MOST. I have seen 100% OEM low hours 200X's go for less than $700. He's out of his feekin mind. Also looks like an 83 to me, at least the swingarm does.

HuffieVA
04-23-2011, 02:04 AM
Here in cali, that's a $500 trike, AT MOST. I have seen 100% OEM low hours 200X's go for less than $700. He's out of his feekin mind. Also looks like an 83 to me, at least the swingarm does.

I generally refrain from calling someone an idiot, but in your case, after that statement, I'm going to be forced to make an exception, I can understand the guys at the top of the thread bitching about they guys asking price, but your so far out in left field you cant even see the stadium:crazy:

Chazz of Blades
04-23-2011, 02:28 AM
I kinda have to agree, if you can get that nice of an X for five bills, you must be living in la-la land, sorry, but even being an 83 thats a NICE trike!

250Eddie
04-23-2011, 09:34 AM
thats not even the first listed price hes had on it, he had it for 3500 about 2 months ago then he dropped it 500 bucks then went down to 2600 and back up to 3 grand

thestud25
04-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Way too expensive. It is not an OEM restore either. The rear tires are not OEM.

dksix
04-23-2011, 11:07 AM
If it was a full OEM restore I could see that asking price, I don't know if anyone would pay it but maybe. It doesn't say much about what all was done to it during the restore. Assuming that the stuff I can't see is as good as the stuff I can I would say half that would be a good starting point for the asking price. In this area the trikes you find are cheap but rough. If you find a nice one, it's high. Gen 3 R's that are decent are $1700+ and nice ones are $2500 plus. I haven't seen but a couple 350's and they are high. Here's the norm for my area: needs work http://tricities.craigslist.org/mcy/2341012620.html and a nice one http://tricities.craigslist.org/mcy/2307496084.html and that's the only 2 200X's I found on my local CL.

250rmanfmf
04-23-2011, 11:11 AM
I said both a decent 350x and a 250r for that price. Around here decent 250rs go for about 1500-1800 and decent 350x's go for 1100-1400.

hang&rattle
04-23-2011, 12:09 PM
I agree with you fellas. Heck, if I can build it nicer and for less money, and I'm no top-notch builder, then it's not worth it. And all the 85'-86' 250R's and 86'-87' Tecate's in MT (in decent condition) go for $2000+. Heck, I have friends in CA or AZ, if I want a nice H2O cooled bike I could shop and get one for way less, way nicer, and way cheaper-even shipped. So the area doesn't matter, the right people can get it delivered and shipped to you for way cheaper, & a nicer rig too. This guy is rediculous thinking he has such a gem. It's a frickin' 200x, nothin' special.

Xpress
04-23-2011, 06:03 PM
I generally refrain from calling someone an idiot, but in your case, after that statement, I'm going to be forced to make an exception, I can understand the guys at the top of the thread bitching about they guys asking price, but your so far out in left field you cant even see the stadium:crazy:

Go on... Because it seems I added commentary on what I have seen. $3000 for that trike is exactly where your thoughts about my personal statements are ;)

$500 can rope in a trike that nice here, anything over $600 is very high, and don't even think about $700. Down here, if they're selling a 200X in that condition for 3 grand, it had better have an engine plated in 24K gold.

HuffieVA
04-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Go on... Because it seems I added commentary on what I have seen. $3000 for that trike is exactly where your thoughts about my personal statements are ;)

$500 can rope in a trike that nice here, anything over $600 is very high, and don't even think about $700. Down here, if they're selling a 200X in that condition for 3 grand, it had better have an engine plated in 24K gold.

Put your money where your mouth is... I'll give you a $500 finders fee if you find a 200X like that for $500 (And I don't even like Honda's), obviously your clueless on what it would cost to correctly restore one to that condition... Would I pay $3K NO, would someone that has the ability to do it themselves pay $3K probably not, will the guy probably take a loss on his restoration? Yes its likely he will... Do the math genius... New plastics (even Maiers with shipping are going to run $350+, good quality seatcover $50, Tires around $180, full complete rebuild of the engine 1K is not out of the question, new bearings for everything around $100, paint/powdercoat around $150, full decal set $50, fork seals and oil $50, rebuild the shock $150-200, there that's over $2k in parts not including any misc items and labor or the orig cost of the trike to start with, there's no sense arguing over something you cant actually comprehend, so go do a little research on what it would actually cost to restore one and argue with me at that point... Like I said I don't see someone with the ability to do the work themselves paying the asking price, but I wont argue with the guy that he has that much into it, I will however call your bluff on the endless supply of $500 mint trikes you have access to, as if that was the case I would imagine you would have something to show to prove your "connection" and yes I know the occasional find pops up for next to nothing but its definitely not as commonplace as you claim... My grandpa always you to say "Tell the truth, there's less to remember" so show me the trikes or STFU and if you prove me wrong I'll certainly apologize

And if that's the case I'd be happy to offer you a fresh crisp $20 bill for your Tecate shipped to my door...

bkm
04-23-2011, 08:32 PM
I agree Huffie. As someone who is going through a rebuild as we speak I can sympathize with the guy on what it takes to make these things cherry. I have a ton more in my bike than I first set out to spend but once the ball gets rolling it is really hard to put old parts back on a newly coated frame. Its kinda looks like a diamond in a goats ass, so then you get out of control with the new parts. I am probably going to have to sell my 350x to fund my '86 R build so I am sure I'll be humbled when it comes time to get rid of it.

As far as a plethora of Mint $500 trikes, I checked San Diego craigslist and the prices are pretty much what they go for here in St. Louis. Some nicer for cheaper, but no mint $500 bikes though.

dcreel
04-23-2011, 08:54 PM
I'll agree with Huffie too. I sold my 83 200x for $800 and it was in nowhere near the condition of that one. Find me a 200x in that condition for $500 too please.. :lol:

Chazz of Blades
04-23-2011, 09:21 PM
While your at it I have a tenner laying around somewhere, and I've just ALWAYS wanted a christmas special.

Chop Chop now!

hang&rattle
04-23-2011, 11:28 PM
I agree Huffie. As someone who is going through a rebuild as we speak I can sympathize with the guy on what it takes to make these things cherry. I have a ton more in my bike than I first set out to spend but once the ball gets rolling it is really hard to put old parts back on a newly coated frame. Its kinda looks like a diamond in a goats ass, so then you get out of control with the new parts. I am probably going to have to sell my 350x to fund my '86 R build so I am sure I'll be humbled when it comes time to get rid of it.

As far as a plethora of Mint $500 trikes, I checked San Diego craigslist and the prices are pretty much what they go for here in St. Louis. Some nicer for cheaper, but no mint $500 bikes though.
Ya, as you've said, can't seem to stop. It's easy to blow 3 grand+ on a liquid cooled trike. I realize that my pumper will be worth half of what I have into it, but I don't expect to get the cash spent or payment for my labor back, not even close, it's a rediculous idea. I don't even have 3 grand into it yet, but it's $3,000 worth of performance, as the 200x is nowhere worth the performance of 3 grand. As I mentioned earlier, it a 200x for heavens sake and for 3 grand a really fancy R or Tri-z can sit in a garage if a garage queen is what it is.

Xpress
04-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Whatever, you guys don't live here in SOUTHERN California, home of the cheapest selling trikes on planet earth. That's a $500 trike here in So Cali, beat down shape it's worth no more than $300. AGAIN, HERE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. You won't get back out of it what you put in it, motorcycles are money pits.

If someone wants to fork over a ridiculous amount for that 200X, then let them, it's their money.

dcreel
04-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Whatever, you guys don't live here in SOUTHERN California, home of the cheapest selling trikes on planet earth. That's a $500 trike here in So Cali, beat down shape it's worth no more than $300. AGAIN, HERE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. You won't get back out of it what you put in it, motorcycles are money pits.

If someone wants to fork over a ridiculous amount for that 200X, then let them, it's their money.

We know SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA... That isn't what was said.. What was said was... FIND US A 200X IN THAT CONDITION FOR $500.

Hell, I double dog dare you.. :lol:

HuffieVA
04-24-2011, 05:13 PM

OK I'll up the offer on your Tecate to $30 shipped if you crate it... After all in Sunny Southern Cali, they must have paid you to take it, I understand you've been breathing pre-mix fumes for about six months or so now, but please for the sake of whats left of your rational thinking, hold your head a little farther away from the tank when your filling it. When the fog starts to clear, SHOW US!!! this never ending supply of $500 mint trikes, your bluff has been called... just cut and past the links, you don't even have to upload the pictures. Or just cut to the chase and admit that you may have exaggerated just a wee little bit...

Xpress
04-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Or just cut to the chase and admit that you may have exaggerated just a wee little bit...

Maybe a wee bit, but since 200X's are a dime a dozen (literally, on CL all the time) here, it's not like it's a super rare, expensive trike, you can have a very nice one like the posted trike for around $500, without any cracks in the fenders, very good tires, and it'll run strong.

My Tecate is a rare find here, AFAIK, there's only a dozen or so here in southern cali. One just popped up in OC, that's mostly for parts.

BTW, you couldn't pay me enough to get my Tecate from me. I wouldn't sell it, ever.

Xpress
04-24-2011, 08:22 PM
FIND US A 200X IN THAT CONDITION FOR $500.

There's nice ones' on CL down here all the time. Here is a very nice one for $600 (in the ballpark of around $500)

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/mcy/2343194240.html

HuffieVA
04-24-2011, 10:07 PM
I'll let it go there, its obvious you don't comprehend the difference between no cracks in fenders / Runs good and a "Frame Off" rebuild...

Midnite_rider
04-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Just remember this...... If he waits long enough, the right person will come by and buy that $3000 trike. Someone who has more dollars than sense and doesn't want to spend the time or have the ability to do it himself. Its no different than some guy here went and spent several thousand dollars on a new 4 wheel drive and within the first week he drove it into a lake. He said he thought it would make it to the island some 150 yards off the bank......it did NOT!. Now the truck is totaled and he has already bought him a new Jeep. Can't wait to see how this one ends.

Xpress
04-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Did someone say Jeep? :shiftyeyes:

Bretmd94
04-25-2011, 01:33 PM
I bought an original clean 84' 200x for $300.

That really looks like a $800-$1000 bike to me. Plus its not all original, he should find some stock tires and handle bars.

I understand he put a lot of money and time into it, but it is a 200x. Not that they are a bad bike, they are great!. But, there are a million of them. It doesn't take to long of looking to find a killer deal on a 200x.

Chazz of Blades
04-25-2011, 04:11 PM
"There's an ass for every seat......."

ironchop
04-25-2011, 08:21 PM
I use Extenze......and I walk around with a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro-eatin grin from ear to ear while the ladies scope on my junk-bulge as I pass by

Is Extenze cheaper is SoCal?

Chazz of Blades
04-25-2011, 09:40 PM
I see Dr. Death is back........

ironchop
04-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Dr. Death is Bob from Enzyte....not Extenze....we covered this, lol