PDA

View Full Version : could new jersey get any worse

deathman53
10-19-2003, 10:12 PM
Finally new jersey is starting to do something about atv's. my friends got caught riding yesterday and the ranger told them that large amounts of land will be opened to atv and dirtbike use next year, regesistered and insured only, the thing that really sucks is NO 3 WHEELERS, any trikes caught will be confiscated and destroyed. Also trikes will not be allowed to be registered anymore. Also the guy said that sanctioned off road parks that allow trikes will face heavy pressure against them, chattsworth is the only one that will open state they are allowed(with insurance). Looks like the valve of trikes in nj will be drastically decreased. Whats funny is in the latest dirtwheels, they have an article about the cpsp and atv's and it states that 4 wheelers are no safer than trikes, its thats so, why is all this bs going on with trikes?

Jeb
10-20-2003, 09:26 AM
...any trikes caught will be confiscated and destroyed.

They cannot confiscate and destroy your property. Maybe confiscate, but not destroy. The ranger was just trying to scare your friends.

As for the other BS, Once again, I'm glad I don't live in the North East. :-D I feel for you guys up there.

Wickedfinger
10-20-2003, 10:02 AM
... that all sounds a little extreme to me ... but ... since I live so close to Jersey and occasionally ride there in the pines, I'll have to keep an eye and ear out.