PDA

View Full Version : Barn Find-Cleanin er up....

Cave Rider
04-25-2011, 09:25 AM
This past summer,I had someone contact me regarding a "Gem of a find"... I can honestly say that i was a little skeptical. But hey,im not gonna give up the chance to score..After further questioning he specified that it was red and had dual headlights with a clutch..( We all know what that sounds like) 350X !!! So to sum it up,I purchased it for $1200 bucks. Here are 2 photos.the first is shortly after a powerwash,and the second is after i took her down a bit and started touching it up. I replaced the fork boots because they were getting petrified,and the chain was solid rust. And of course the tank was left full of gasoline over 12 years ago..(what a mess inside).. Anyhow,i just wanted to share. I have more photos of it when she first got pulled out,i will post them as soon as i scan them..

coolpool
04-25-2011, 10:05 AM
That's one nice machine. Have you had it running yet? Looks like you stole it for $1200.00!

Cave Rider
04-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Yeah, i had it fired up last fall. Shortly after i purchased it..The wife road it a few times and we parked it till a few mths ago. I did have to re-do the tank due to the surface rust caused by the silage in the barn..All of the chrome and aluminum was pitted also...But everything else was super nice..The tires are original,the tools are still intact..It also had that horrid Goki e-start kit...Took that P.O.S. off...Its hard to tell from the photos,but it also has ANSWER handlebars as well..It basically looks like it was jazzed right up in the 80's and parked after a few rides,and forgotten about...

D-dub
04-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Hella steal!...Looks showroom!

Cave Rider
04-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks man..Im happy to say the least..