PDA

View Full Version : RTW Banshee ATC - WOW!

mxnick
04-28-2011, 11:55 PM
What the eff are some people thinking?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mcy/2350984357.html

jrsqlc
04-29-2011, 12:02 AM
I bet that crazy SOB will really hurt someone

dcreel
04-29-2011, 12:08 AM
Needs a Tri-Z front end.. Can you say Big Wheeled Banshee..

leevarnado
04-29-2011, 12:09 AM
thats got to be the ugliest death trap ever.

yooperman
04-29-2011, 12:23 AM
yeah i am not sure if i would attempt to ride that thing, probally crazy to ride, but man death could really come fast lol.

250Eddie
04-29-2011, 12:46 AM
Thats SICKS looking.

falloutboy
04-29-2011, 02:53 AM
I wonder how that would handle off road. I talk to a guy a few years back that has one of those can-am spyders and he said it handled awesome but that was on the road...

JayBone
04-29-2011, 07:24 AM
I'm not sure what to think. I guess it just a burnout machine. I'd ride it not sure how far or long though.

Senator
04-29-2011, 09:53 AM
What would it take to bolt that swinger to a Tri-Z? Then move the gas tank for some rear wheel clearance and someone may have themself a nice big wheel :wondering

HuffieVA
04-29-2011, 10:04 AM
I can remember magazine tests for a big wheel with a quad conversion kit back in the mid 80's, I wouldn't call it a death trap, but I would suggest a sway bar...

Thorpe
04-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Epic fail....

thestud25
04-29-2011, 10:34 AM
I would take it for a spin. I bet it would be a blast at the dunes!

Bretmd94
04-29-2011, 11:45 AM
I don't see much room on that swingarm for a decent sized paddle tire. In other words, the 20" flat track tires tread is close to the swingarm already. With only one tire out back it better be a little bigger than normal. I don't see a 22" paddle fitting on it.

Good idea, poor execution.

mxnick
04-29-2011, 11:54 AM
epic fail....

x2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xpress
04-29-2011, 11:55 AM
That is UGLY. Bet it handles like total crap, slips too much in the turns, ect. ect.

Probably is really nose heavy too. First thing I'd to is put the quad swinger back on...

Mosh
04-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Shee's have hard enough time getting traction with 2 rear wheels.
I bet it just spins the rear tire down in the sand trying to push that heavy front end around.

It looks like it would be good for the movies..Ya know where they put a green screen behind a car to simulate the car driving down the road with scenery passing buy.

Chazz of Blades
04-29-2011, 04:28 PM
Imagine this though:

Banshee's have tons of torque, right?

Imagine accidentally wheelying that thing, like all of us do at some point. It'd be a deathtrap to wheelie in a straight line, on smooth ground. Now imagine at any angle, or any rough ground.

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
04-29-2011, 07:54 PM
I like it I needs to be lowered, widened, and have some hard surface tires put on it though. I don't think it'd do to well without them. Definetly needs a bigger swingarm so you can put a nice fat wide tire on it so you can give the elusion that you'd have some rear wheel traction.:naughty:

ironchop
04-29-2011, 10:11 PM
I would`ve just taken my pile of cash out front and set it on fire right there.....saves all that wrench-turning and knuckle bustin` and whatnot

HondaRidr
04-30-2011, 01:57 AM
You guys are all lame! :lol: Something you dont see every day.

Chazz of Blades
04-30-2011, 02:01 AM
You don't see a gold plated, jewel encrusted pile of trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro very often either, doesn't make it a good thing.

Chazz of Blades
04-30-2011, 02:11 AM

BILLY! We need a gold plated turd smiley!

tanks350x
05-01-2011, 04:52 PM
I see alot of people calling it a failure! How do you guys know? it could be a fun bike. who knows? don't judge until you've ridden it...just my .02

Chazz of Blades
05-01-2011, 08:10 PM
There's a huge flaw in your concept, Tanks.

It's hard to judge when you've died a horrible, horrible death.

Just-Tri-It
05-01-2011, 08:46 PM
I don't know if wheelies would be a good idea. Keeping balance could be tricky.

Chazz of Blades
05-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Exactly, with as powerful an engine as a 'shee, you couldn't help but wheelie a bit every now and then.

bucko
05-01-2011, 10:02 PM
can am spyder's retarded brother right there.Would be fun on the road though

300rman
05-01-2011, 10:20 PM
I'd ride it at least once!
its an off-road spyder....changing the swinger to accept a taller tire would be fairly easy.

jensenracing77
05-02-2011, 05:33 PM
You don't see a gold plated, jewel encrusted pile of trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro very often either, doesn't make it a good thing.

now that's funny.

Xpress
05-02-2011, 05:37 PM
can am spyder's retarded brother right there.Would be fun on the road though

You know I saw one of those on the freeway earlier today. They didn't look half bad from behind, but I'm fairly certain that a lot of thought and engineering went into the Spyders to make them safe...

jensenracing77
05-02-2011, 05:37 PM
i bet i could have some fun with it. i would put the lightest springs on the front that would just hold it up to the right ride height and put the thinest oil i could get for it, then ride it like a motorcycle. you could lean into the turns with it. not likely to work as well as it sounds. well i could always launch it off a cliff and watch it die. one way or another i could have some fun.

dcreel
05-02-2011, 05:51 PM
You know I saw one of those on the freeway earlier today. They didn't look half bad from behind, but I'm fairly certain that a lot of thought and engineering went into the Spyders to make them safe...

Not to mention you can use one to get a motorcycle license without ever having ridden a motorcycle.

HondaRidr
05-03-2011, 12:02 AM
There's a huge flaw in your concept, Tanks.

It's hard to judge when you've died a horrible, horrible death.

Just because you doubt your ability to ride it, doesn't mean that every one else is going to fail also.

Chazz of Blades
05-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Just because you doubt your ability to ride it, doesn't mean that every one else is going to fail also.

Simply due to the fact that you can attempt to insult someone, doesn't mean you should play out of your league.

And if someone really thinks that they can easily ride that thing, like it's made to be rode, not as a road bike, without ever having any issues, then I say congrats, because you must either be the world's greatest rider, a giant liar, or have massive, moon encompassing, gold plated testicles.

Nevkilahonda3
05-03-2011, 02:52 AM
It looks like someone wasted a bunch of time Its stupid in my opinion. If you want to put the power to one wheel you can buy hmmm??? Oh lets call it a DIRT BIKE!!!! I being a little harsh but it was pointless.

HondaRidr
05-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Don't get your panties in a bunch. Im not saying that it would be easy to ride. Im just saying that you could try it out and not suffer a " horrible, horrible death."

jamaha51
05-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Simply due to the fact that you can attempt to insult someone, doesn't mean you should play out of your league.

And if someone really thinks that they can easily ride that thing, like it's made to be rode, not as a road bike, without ever having any issues, then I say congrats, because you must either be the world's greatest rider, a giant liar, or have massive, moon encompassing, gold plated testicles.

Looks like we got a reverse trike expert here. That, or apparently he doesnt have any balls.

dcreel
05-03-2011, 08:53 AM
Looks like we got a reverse trike expert here. That, or apparently he doesnt have any balls.

Great first post, just great..

R-tifacts
05-03-2011, 09:35 AM
wild looking machine not my cup of tea tho...

jamaha51
05-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Great first post, just great..
I have been lurking for a little bit but that was just pissing me off

Xhumeka
05-03-2011, 10:53 AM
You guys sound like all the ATV guys bashing on trikes!!!

Sure, it does look a little dangerous, but as with everything lack of riding experience/sensibility is what makes things dangerous.

Would I buy one? Probably not... would I try riding one? FOR SURE!

3wheely
05-03-2011, 10:59 AM
I wonder what a wheely would be like on that thing or if it's possible?

Jason125m
05-03-2011, 03:33 PM

Sure, it does look a little dangerous, but as with everything lack of riding experience/sensibility is what makes things dangerous.

Nicely said BJ.

ironchop
05-03-2011, 07:16 PM

it isn`t bashing on the thing due to it`s questionable safety....safety is something we all don`t give a ratass about or we woulda listened to the CPSC in 86....it`s about a TWIN SMOKER BANSHEE MOTOR POWERING ONE TINY WHEEL AND TIRE TO PUSH A MUCH HEAVIER FRONTEND....have any of you Champions Of Logic tried to drive an empty pickup truck in an ice storm or snowstorm???....same concept...no weight on back end drive wheels with all weight in front on wheels under the motor...not conducive to good handling characteristics....and NO it isn`t like a Can Am spider...have any of you ridden the Spider because I have and it ain`t slapped together with shiny hardware like that Shee-trike half-ass engineered from a daydream some guy once had.....would you convert your hemi cuda to one 13" wheel in the rear and go off to drag race your buddies?...NO

HondaRidr
05-03-2011, 07:25 PM

Well said.:cool: