PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 660R vs. 250R

Velislide
10-21-2003, 04:00 AM
What would win? A Raptor 660 or a Honda ATC 250R, both stock? My friend has a Raptor 660 and thinks his raptor would smoke almost any 3wheeler. Also, would a 350x beat a raptor?

Albino
10-21-2003, 07:29 AM
atcs are fast but stock ones don't do 80mph.

ATC crazy
10-21-2003, 08:19 AM
The Raptor dosent to 80..... :? They only do 70-72 stock.

Id say you would win on the R, but it would be a close race on the 350X.

lisnup65
10-21-2003, 08:50 AM
The answer to this is as follows;
When out riding on my 250R that is stock against my friends Raptor. We took a few straight line runs of around 500 yards. I took him almost every time. He got me out of the hole, I then caught and passed. At the slow down point he was reeling me in. If we wnet another 100 yards he would have walked past me.

I am stock besides the 20" holeshots on the rear and heavy duty clutch and the secret oil.

My 350X gets spanked by my 250 so I dont see that as being a race.

Kilborg
10-21-2003, 10:13 AM
If you can get him outta the line, youll just keep pulling away for the win. I raced a clutched kfx700 over the weekened which will beat a stock raptor and was beating him provided i got a real good launch. Keep in mind my motor is mildly modded...piped, reed spacer, a few other things but nothing major.

slowmo
10-21-2003, 06:33 PM
Watching 4 wheelers racing on the ice, banshees were spankin the raptors....there was a 250r running an 18" extended swingarm that was seriously embarrassing the raptors...rumors I've heard are that raptor owners are upset about gettin outrun by nearly every 2 stroke...

350Xccelerator
10-21-2003, 07:02 PM
with equally expierienced riders racing a raptor vs 350x the raptor will win everytime. :?

SpeedBump
10-21-2003, 07:28 PM
Well, I just got done riding and racin with a Raptor,350X and Suzuki Z400. The 350X was way easy. The Raptor (on road and dirt) dead even with me and maybe a wheel or 2 ahead depending on the start. The Z400, If he got a good start, and I got a bad one, he would win. If we both got good starts, I got him every time. Now, all the above machines are ALL STOCK, stock filters, stock exhausts and stock jetting. My tecate is close to stock.....pipe and V-Force reeds.(haven't been into the cylinder to see about porting work, was told it is not worked over) My buddy has a 1985 ATC250R with a PaulTurner topend pipe with a K&N and jetting. Very good rider, and I beat him from a roll, or standing start. EVERY time. If we ran up the road for a mile, he would beat me as far as top speed, but how many people YOU know consider that a race? Around here we consider 400-600 feet a typical race (same as most dirt drag strips) I have no idea why Everyone considers a 350X to be a FAST machine. I always hear how they can beat 400EXs, but I happen to have access to and ride both of these machines on a regular basis and I am telling ya, it is a MYTH. The 400EX will beat it 90% of the time. Sure you can go back to the TopSpeed theory, but that isn't a racing issue, that is a GEARING issue. If I pop on a set of 22" tires (like a 350X has stock) I can get it over 70MPH very easy. Just some info. Here is a pic when the Z and the EX got good starts and the Raptor didn't. Next one, both gettin good starts, and last one The Z gettin a good start, me bad start. The Raptor is a quick machine. People (including myself) bash them all the time for their faults, but they DO run strong (they should considering the displacement) OOPS! :oops: The attachments went in backwards, sorry, reverse the decriptions.

HemiChallenger71
10-21-2003, 07:35 PM
There's so many variables it's not funny, especially the surface you race on. You can't really bench race old machines like ours because they're almsot never stock. I have raced a geared down raptor and were dead even to about a 500ft. mark or just untill I can shift into 6th and he's wound out, this is on thick grass. If I was on a dirt road he wouldn't stand a chance ever in a race no matter who got the better start or what not. I'm sure a stock geared Raptor would take the 250R top end speed though u never know. Mine is stock as far as I can see but it has been rebuilt with a .040 over piston and reeds. I raced this guy's bone stock banshee and that's a really really close race, any little difference in where I shift or he shifts or how either of us starts determines who wins. I raced another banshee though and BLEW him away like he was standing still, so once again you can't really bench race I guess.

350Xccelerator
10-21-2003, 08:48 PM
with equally expierienced riders racing a raptor vs 350x the raptor will win everytime. :?
oops for some dumb reason i forgot that the thread was raptor vs 250r and thought it was vs 350x, my bad :oops: