PDA

View Full Version : Flooding River

fxnteeth
05-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Just moved in to a 1.8 million Dollar house that I spent 2.5 years designing and 18 months to build. The river is apparently going to flood at its altime high putting the 3 story house under water.The first thing to the storage bin is....oh yes.....the ATC 250R. Only been living in the house for 15 months. Aint mother nature a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. Please pray for us Louisianians

yooperman
05-05-2011, 07:45 PM
where you at in LA i am in calhoun, yeah the waters are raising lots all over MS is in a flood warning also good luck on every thing man hope it doesnt flood by you, and good luck.

Dirtcrasher
05-05-2011, 07:56 PM
I hope somehow your home survives the flood. Glad to know the R will be safe :D

Note to self: If I ever build a 2 million home, stay away from rivers, coastlines, tornado alley, volcanoes and earthquake fault lines...........

79fordblake
05-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Its bad in alot of places. Missouri, Illinois, and Kentucky. There is water standing in places it never has before. I don't live to far from the Mississippi river. Its about 3 times bigger than it usually is. All the places I usually go riding are under 10 foot or more of water. Once you start going towards the river you go up a small hill and then it looks like the end of the world, nothing but water as far as you can see. 20 foot tall trees by the river you can't even see them.

motoman1012002
05-05-2011, 11:10 PM
the worst storm like this was in 1937 when the mississippi raised to 42 ft this year there saying its goin to be 56 ft next week the 11 and it will start goin down lots of schools are flood around here and they starting summer early

Chazz of Blades
05-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Huh, so Alabama gets record Naders, and all yall craw bellies get record floods. I think I can speak for us all when I say all of us in the South have seen better days.

At least you can put the trikes in storage, if it's sealed, or you put the R up high, it'll be fine.

If the storage building gets picked up and hurled two miles, thats another story.

Chazz of Blades
05-05-2011, 11:23 PM
I went down to New Orleans a few months after katrina hit, and again in the summer of '08, and I can say that whoever designed that city didn't know two whole facts about nature.

"Dern Frenchies" :)

fxnteeth
05-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Yes, at least the R is safe. Very important. It will all work out. It was much worse for the poor souls in Alabama. At least we know it could happen and none of our families should be hurt, including the 250R, it is my oldest child.

fxnteeth
05-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Im in Vidalia. Its lookin decent here as far as levee breakage.

Bretmd94
05-06-2011, 10:54 AM
It sounds like it is your dream house, =[ . Flood insurance I hope?