PDA

View Full Version : Stator replacement

brd812
05-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Was riding my shee last week while on vaction and noticed a lil electrical issue and I was wondering what people opinion on ricky stator replacment stators. I replaced the coil back a few years ago and i'm figureing its the stator becuase it only acts up when its hot. Well its lasted 24 years I'd say it due. 200 bucks seens fair, How do they hold up?..I ran a motoplat back in the day on my Tecate and they were junk. Any thoughts? Thanks

Mosh
05-16-2011, 12:27 PM
I ran a Ricky stator in my shee with the stock flywheel, for about 1 month.
The lights were dim as hell at idle, and for some reason it advanced the timing and made it run hotter than normal. (I was told you have to run the Ricky flywheel to get the lights to work correctly.)
I took it out and bought a nice used stock one and threw it in.
That was my experience with them.
Typical of the banshee, make sure your side cover is sealed up really good or you get the "brown death" forming from the mud and water intrusion.

brd812
05-16-2011, 08:35 PM
Thanks Mosh...New factory one is 4 bills, 188 for Ricky seemed to good to be true. I really didn't want to buy anything on fee-bay electrical , cuz you never know what your going to get. I think I'll contact Cycles R Us in Media and see what they think, I bought a replacment swingger from them and they welded up my LSR +2 for 20 bucks. Seem like Good People. thanks

RIDE-RED 250r
05-16-2011, 08:42 PM
I installed a Ricky stator and regulator in my 250r about a year ago and so far no issues whatsoever. No complaints and would absolutely buy from them again. Sounds like possibly they need to improve their 'Shee stators judging from Mosh's experience though.....