PDA

View Full Version : Bought my first 4 wheeler

turbowrenchhead
05-20-2011, 08:19 AM
I check craigs list just about every day. I came across a 89 Polaris 250 2 stroke 4x4 for $120. I couldn't resist. It doesn't start and he said it had no spark. It will be a challenge to get this one back to riding status. I figured for $120 it has to be worth triple that in parts alone.

fabiodriven
05-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Wrong forum Bozo.

Billyboy34
05-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Great find! But now sell it for parts, make some profit, and use the money for something useful....like another trike!!!

turbowrenchhead
05-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Wrong forum Bozo.

Name calling, very mature.

dksix
05-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Is it one of the white and yellow TrailBlazer 250's? I don't like quads but if I was going to buy a quad, that's the one I would want. I've always liked the stance they have. It was an entry level quad at the time, they sold a ton of them. You shouldn't have much trouble finding parts.

Chazz of Blades
05-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Fabio is an ass, it's just something you learn to ignore. He means well though.

Occasionally.

MonroeMike
05-21-2011, 10:24 AM
It was originally posted in Trikesylvania and was moved.

turbowrenchhead, I have a pdf manual for your quad, if you need it.

turbowrenchhead
05-22-2011, 09:57 PM
That sucks. I just downloaded one. It was only 9 bucks though. I have to diagnose the no spark condition first. I tore it down some the other day and learned the the starter was completely gone and the gears. I would assume because they made a plate to cover it up. I would think the starter gears would pertrude that cover when the starter is installed. Water came out of the recoil cover. Not good. There is a hole in the frame, repairable. The steering shaft is bent. The gear indicator display is missing. Its starting to add up. It had several mismatched hardware in it. But ACE is the place for hardware. Easy fix. I'm on the fence of parting it out and putting it on ebay. Or getting it back to ride status. It would be a good machine for my wife. She's not the best driver. Having electric start, reverse, foot guards and most importantly full automatic. But she might divorce me if she finds out how much it took to fix it.