PDA

View Full Version : An idea for a bill?

HemiChallenger71
10-23-2003, 09:17 AM
I have to write a bill in my government class and I'm having a hard time thinkign of exactly what I want. I was thinking along the lines of 3 wheelers or street racing. The bill for 3 wheelers would be something like, legalizing the production and sale of 3 wheelers in the united states. My bill for street racing would be along the lines of closing down a road somewhere here in Detroit between certan times of firday and saturday nights, and between certan times of the year. Any other idea's or thoughts to add to those guys?

Trikeaholic
10-23-2003, 07:58 PM
why dont you do something controversial, like introduce a bill banning discrimination based on race, sexual orientation, religion,etc.by local, state and federal government. When everyone else thinks you are so liberal and lefty,and approves the bill and signs it into law, have your buddy do one that calls for an immediate halt to government sponsored or condoned affirmative action. Based on the passage of your previous bill, any form of discrimination or special treatment based on ethnicity or sexual orientation or whatever, would be illegal, therefore, affirmative action would therefore be illegal to practice. We did this in my HS govt class in 1986, as part of the Republican club, it went over pretty good, and got people thinking about the lack of fairness these relaxed standards for certain ethnic minorities or political groups are. Needless to say, we made alot of friends and a few enemies, but all 4 of us got an A! In my class, we were a congress and did the whole deal, from writing legislation, debate, and voting. It was a blast. I had Jack Kemps seat.

If your class is not like mine was, then you ought to stick to real issues like the second amendment, abortion,or taxes. if its just about drafting legislation and only the teacher will read it, then its no fun, and you cant rile up the nuts in your school.

HemiChallenger71
10-23-2003, 09:03 PM
I don't thing we will be debating this in class, our teacher is pretty dry, just writing a bill and the good ones will actually be submitted to our state legislature to review if they want to issue it as an actual bill. A few laws have come from this in our state. I figured I should keep it rather simple but that's a good idea. I will look into that tomorrow in class, that would definatley get me an A if I wrote a bill as good as that. We have like a week to research and write a bill which is plenty. We may actually get to debate about the bills, she hasn't mentioned anything yet. I think it will depend on our class because she doesn't like us much (and I don't blame her because of some of the kids in the class).