PDA

View Full Version : looking at buyimg a power washer

kasuki
05-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Any opinion on power washers what's a decent one to get for the money.I wanna wash my house trucks quads an trikes.

atc007
05-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Like everything else! How MUCH are you willing to spend?! I have owned them over 30 years,$80 to my 2 current steam jennies.

jays375
05-24-2011, 09:16 PM
I had a cheaper one first,got by for a while.Now I do wash things alot and very often.Only thing I don't like is the bottom mount pumps.They don't last long with alot of use,or idle time.Spend what you can afford and get the best you can.

Dirtcrasher
05-25-2011, 09:32 AM
I bought a 6HP Honda powered washer with an ingersol (sp?) rand pump and got maybe 50 hours out of it. Changed the oil religiously and the crank still seized to the aluminum cover (NO BEARING!!) Fixed that and the compression got low. I never ran it low on oil but I guess running it for 2 hours to do a deck was the final straw....

That was a 600$ set up so I have no clue what you have to spend. Even the 800$ John Deere actually has a Briggs motor!!

bigred44
05-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Do not get an electric one. They are pretty worthless and dont give you much more power than what the garden hose does with a jet nozzle. I've got a Troy Built pressure washer from Lowes for about $275 i think. I've had it for 3 years now with no problems doing light duty work around the house and washing cars, bikes, tractors, etc. Just be very careful with the hose that you don't accidentally touch it to the muffler. After going through 3 hoses at $50 each i built a better guard to go around the muffler and keep thing protected.

Mr_RPM
05-25-2011, 01:10 PM
I bought an 1800PSI power washer made by Karcher not too long ago. yes its electric, but it does atleast use an induction motor.
so far no problems and I love it, i use it to wash the jeep and with the power wand on it i used it to remove the undercoat on my jeep and it took a few shades of stain off the deck too.
cost me 170 bucks, i figured if i get 1 year out of it (has a 1 year warranty) i made my money back rather then spending 5-10 bucks washing the cars each week.

so now I don't have to beg Thrope for car wash money anymore. =P lol

JayBone
05-25-2011, 01:17 PM
I bought a cheap electric one from Home De-POT 2 yrs ago and it kinda blows.