PDA

View Full Version : new here and just kinda jumped in

just ben
05-31-2011, 12:02 AM
just kinda jumped in without a proper introduction of myself. sorry if I offended anyone. anyway names Ben live in western new york. have bunch of machines between me and the kids. but primarly ride an 86 t3 myself with an 85 to back it up for breakdowns and an 84 not sure whether to use as parts or fix. anyway I have found great people here already and hope to find alot more .anyway like I said just kinda jumped in a few days ago and wanna let everyone know who I am

Thunder God
06-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Welcome Ben, I'm pretty new as well. How are you liking your Kawi's? Any reliability issues? (I'm thinking of an 86.)

2Tim215
06-03-2011, 08:53 AM
Hi Ben, Welcome to the Forum! A lot of great info out here and VERY knowledgeable people about three wheelers for sure. Tim

just ben
06-03-2011, 10:53 AM
thanks guys. as far as reliability issues? where do I start? ok my 84 spun lower rod bearing 2 days after buying it. quick fix only down for 3 days. was fine for a month or so when a ring broke messing up the cylinder. still down waiting on machine shop. my 86 ran well for a couple weeks when the piston broke. cleaned out case and had a piston so it was only down a few hours and is running good now. and my 85 I havn't broken yet since I havn't ridden it. but these are 25 years old and who knows the last time there were gone through. If you can find an 86 buy it! mines a blast to ride and fast it smokes my brothers raptor up to about 50 mph or so

jeff zwack
06-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Sweeet sounds Awesome!! I recently just got into the 3 wheeler world, litertally, and i havent had the privilige to ride my 84 250r yet =[[ but good luck to all of you