PDA

View Full Version : I'm Stoked!

mirthgrinder
06-04-2011, 03:28 PM
A couple of months back I snagged a 1985 ATC250ES Big Red. I have been patiently acquiring parts from Flea-Bay, Craigs-List, Amazon and on the boards here. It paid off today when I put everything back together, added gas and charged the battery. With the choke on, I grimly hit the starter button, fully expecting something to fudge-up.

The Honda gods were a-smiling! Turned over twice and FIRED RIGHT UP! The wife pulled her car into the driveway as this was happening, she got out of the car and just rolled her eyes...

Sorry, Just HAD to tell someone who would appreciate a total carb re-build, parts acquisition, wrenching and more wrenching, cussing, throwing tools, Pulling hair, etc...etc...

Kudos go out to: Captain Wheezy (Front Fender, Header Pipe, 20 amp fuse assembly with starter solenoid and side kick-start cover) Big Sal (Original Muffler assembly, PAINTED EVEN!) and Gus0320 on e-pay for an original gas tank...(I still need to restore/repaint it)

I really appreciate this board and all of the information I found here....

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!

dcreel
06-04-2011, 03:35 PM
That's awesome.. but if you put this in the Trikesylvania section you will get more views..

mirthgrinder
06-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Thank you very much Sir! I was not sure if this was the proper place....