PDA

View Full Version : "Big Red For Sale" 1984 250ES- $600

Lord Letto 20
06-16-2011, 08:17 PM
http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-ATVs-Big-Red-For-Sale-W0QQAdIdZ290910730

Big red 250ES with the rear suspension and reverse also has electric start this machine was running last year needs a new carburetor to run again.

Chazz of Blades
06-16-2011, 08:30 PM
I'd be snatching that sucker up! It probably just needs a rebuild or thurough cleaning on the carb, and it's not an 84, it's an 85 or up.

dougspcs
06-17-2011, 08:07 AM
http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-ATVs-Big-Red-For-Sale-W0QQAdIdZ290910730

Nice..new carb my azz. Just hasn't been torn down and cleaned in 25 years. Chaz is right definitely an 85 or newer..and the plastic looks decent.

Go steal that bltch 'Letto'...

Check the rear end!!! Put it in neutral, block the rear axle to get the tires off the ground and spin the wheel with your ear close to the diff..

If it's good buy that Red and change every fluid in it!! Clean the carb..and your winning!!

Jason125m
06-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Its an 85'.

hillbilly 200x
06-17-2011, 11:11 AM
looks like it may need a gastank. From what I can see it looks like bondo around the bottem

dougspcs
06-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Somebody buy that thing..!! Go offer that guy $500 and take it home already..everybody just standing around kicking the tires..GEEECH!!

Don't get me in more trouble with my wife. I shouldn't be draggin' home any more strays for a while..

"Letto" your close..you brought it up. I would look great in your lineup!! You can't just own one of these for long..they are like rabbits and start to multiply.

Lord Letto 20
06-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Well i don't have the cash to buy it, if i did i would already have it! and if he can't deal/afford to do a carb clean/rebuild than i doubt he could do a Head Gasket on a 83 BR so me offering my 83 would be pointless. i just post these up to help people who is looking for a extra Trike to add to their lineup or for People to Discuss the stuff that shows up locally on Kijiji. I can't even afford to bring my 83 big red in somewhere to do the head gasket and tune up/carb clean (Quoted $200-250 @ $25 Per Hour) so in other words i can't afford to buy another trike as much as i would like to, one with a ownership would be really nice so i could join the Ganny riders some time.Note: Anyone notice the Plate on the Front of this Trike in the Pic? Please Someone Buy it, looks like a good deal other than the Tank. I might ask the guy if i can check it out some time and make a video of it that i could email him to show people What it's like.

Lord Letto 20
06-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Replied with this:

Hi, what is the Lowest you would take for it? Are you sure if it's a 84 250 because 85 was the first year for the 250 Big Red, if it's a 84 than it's a 200ES Big Red? Do you have a Ownership for this Trike, i see a Plate on the Front of it in the Pic? Where is it located? when i click on Show Map it shows it in Kitchener Around Queen St N and Lancaster St E. I Would Really come and Have a Look at it Sometime and Look at it. I Really Love these 3 wheelers, i have a 83 200E Big red that needs a Head Gasket done and My Brother also got a 83 200E Big Red that needs engine work and a 84 200M That Runs but could be Tuned up.
He Just Replied back with his Phone number and Name. Replied back and told him that i don't Like Talking on the phone and that i won't be able to buy it anyway unless he's willing to take $100-Maybe 150 for it and that i don't want to waste his time Talking on the Phone.

Lord Letto 20
06-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Replied back and told him that i don't Like Talking on the phone and that i won't be able to buy it anyway unless he's willing to take $100-Maybe 150 for it and that i don't want to waste his time Talking on the Phone.

He Replyed to that and said

Forget It I,m not stupid

dougspcs
06-17-2011, 07:31 PM
He Replyed to that and said

Hate to call you on it, but I'd feel kinda insulted getting lowballed that bad too..

Well if my azz wouldn't be grass I'd go for it..but after buying the 250r, and the 350x and putting out almost a grand in tires, rims, plastic, seat cover, tank paint job. I think I better cool it for a while..my honey has been pretty cool about it all, I don't want to push it.

Cuz there will just be another and another and another!!! Hope somebody grabs it!

Hey Letto, your trike up for the Gopher dunes event next weekend?

Lord Letto 20
06-17-2011, 11:13 PM
Hate to call you on it, but I'd feel kinda insulted getting lowballed that bad too...
...Hey Letto, your trike up for the Gopher dunes event next weekend?

I Wish, need to get the cash to bring it in somewhere to get the Head Gasket done, i'm tempted to do it myself i'm just afraid that i F*** Something up and it would end up costing me more, sucks not haveing a stedy job and relying on a Temp Agency to get me work and selling Stuff to get cash.

As for the lowball thing, that's all i could afford if i could sell some stuff, and i just wanted some info on it to post up for the people on Here that's interested in it, he wanted me to call him but i don't like talking on the phone because i have a speech impediment/Lisp so it's hard for some people to understand some things i say.

Anyway's, i sent Him the Link to this thread and the Spec Pages on the Old Site for the 1984 and 85 Trikes because he said he wasan't stupid yet he listed a 84 250ES when there was no 84 250ES, 85 was the First year for the 250 Big Red, in 84 the big red was the 200ES. he replyed back with this:

Thanks I am going to put a new carb on for a $100 and then ask more

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-ATVs-Big-Red-250cc-5-vitesse-Reculon-W0QQAdIdZ291068801

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-ATVs-honda-BIG-RED-W0QQAdIdZ284478745

Montreal Kijiji Link is a 85 Big Red 250 for $780, Ad is in French, here it is tranlated to english Via Google Translate:

big red 1985 250 cc, 5 speed semi-automatic backwards
A1 Mechanical nothing to do, a helping hand crainke,
(I give three more tire with rim)
- Only a brake check
I have the key, but not paper
Pret a Rolling!
and I have all the front and rear rack $ 800 or exchanged for same value car buyer would not negotiable CEL 450 XXX XXXX No email thanks

London Kijiji Link is a 1986 Big red 200, yet there was no 200cc Big red in 86, only 200's in 86 was the 200s and 200x, guy is asking $1600 with Plow and Skid Plate:

call or text me 519-XXX-XXXX
COMES WITH PLOW AND SKID PLATE

Lord Letto 20
06-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Bump, up again, new Pics and Running now, Same Price:
http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-ATVs-Big-Red-1985-W0QQAdIdZ292620819

Big Red in running condition electric starter ,reverse ,new filter .
no ownership
please no low offers